• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

Guys guys guys

I'm listening to Josh downstairs.

He's bossing people around on the Oryx fight.

He just told people "Stop dying"

This could get interesting shortly

"Would you rather be using Nirwen's Mercy than Touch of Malice right now?"

Oh wow

Friends list depletion

Mr. Smith sir, our Mr. Gap did not talk about the gun which shall not be named for the 30 day period requested.

He suggested a bold new attempt, however. I tweeted it at you.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=185960771

that December update though. How can I be mad?
giphy.gif

todd360

Guys guys guys

Oh wow

Friends list depletion

You have failed as a propane salesman.

Ghazi

How about we refer to the sides as spawn and Saturn and the issue disappears? That's what I always do in my LFG groups, at least.

Boot?
Thats awesome, never heard that before

Yep, that's why I felt like I had to write trunk as well. :p

qCJl17s.png

Guys guys guys

Oh wow

Friends list depletion

He's learnt well. I'm so proud.

Guys guys guys

Oh wow

Friends list depletion

Uh oh, hes been on gaf today.

You might want to talk with him
Start with "dammit bobby"

Namikaze1

I got a new gif ready for next week. It ain't Star Wars related but Twilight is gonna love it. I just know it. I just have to wait for the BWU first.

It must be interesting being Luke. I wonder what he's working on right now that we'll be hearing in a year in an interview something like "we have been working on this amazing thing even before TTK launched" :p

coy

Had to admit baby Simon to AR Childrens Hospital :(

Hopefully we figure out a way to get him fattened up. I'll be home w/ my oldest tonight. Hopefully some of you are up for some raiding to help me chill out.
My baby had similar issues though not to your extent. She's a butterball now at the 98th percentile. I hope things go well for you, LT.

X-Frame

So I switched back to Aggressive Ballistics with Hawkmoon despite the reducing in Range and Aim Assist, but it actually seems to be handling better than Field Choke.

I guess it's due to the "More predictable recoil" from Aggressive Ballistics?

It must be interesting being Luke. I wonder what he's working on right now that we'll be hearing in a year in a interview something like "we have been working on this amazing thing even before TTK launched" :p

Well, i know hes lurking, he posted about LT a bit ago.

Hopefully he didnt read the previous 2 pages

GutZ31

The only problem with deej's apology is how long it has taken to announce it, if what he said about the other employees telling him it was bad is to be believed.

Nothing about the refer a friend has anything to do with actual Sherpas, but no one at Bungie released a correction to weigh expectations, no matter how low or high the community could imagine the possible outcomes.

You can't take back the disappointment of learning one thing never even meant what the seller was saying.

"This new feature will benefit veterans, and newer users alike!" - Needs TTK to access content, and the new player has to be brand spanking new to TTK.

Sounds like it only benefits Activision, and its stockholders.
Maybe even Bungie gets a cut, I don't know.
I'm not a very clever man.

i already hate the gameplay style of salvage, but this makes no sense. we deployed 11. they stopped 5. we killed evenly. and we lost? the fuck?

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

i already hate the gameplay style of salvage, but this makes no sense. we deployed 11. they stopped 5. we killed evenly. and we lost? the fuck?

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Heavy/super/headshot kills give more points. That's all I've got.

ChiefToast (who I assume is Toasty's boss) brought the team down there.

Figs anger is way overstated, shes nice and everyone knows it. :)

I dont even remember how she got that reputation to begin with.

Im sure it was nami so he could hog all the fig raiding to himself

read it but i still don't understand

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Is a cycle not when the mechanics of a fight reset?

• Vault of Glass gate has one cycle.
  • Confluxes has three cycles - middle conflux, left and right, and then all three.
  • Oracles has seven cycles.
  • Templar cycle begins with Oracles, then Detain Bubbles when its shield pops, then ends when it teleports. If you stop the teleport, it extends the cycle, so you can beat it in one.
  • Gatekeepers has one cycle.
  • Atheon is the same as Templar. The cycle repeats after Time's Vengeance.
So why would Oryx's Daugthers be one cycle when the mechanics reset after you dunk the relic?

In terms of MMO speak, that is, boss fights with phases, a cycle would be doing the adherent mechanics to that boss in line and then repeating upon them.

So for Templar, a cycle is-
Charging up the Relic
Killing the 2 oracles
Taking out the Templars Shield
Detain Shields
Damaging Templar
Repeat

That is one cycle. With the templar you can stall the cycle if you block his teleport, but it will be repeated after a while.

Confluxes have 3 phases, but it's all one package so to speak.

Same with the Oracles. It's 7 phases of the fight. Since you do not have to go through those 7 phases again, it's contained in one cycle.

Sisters is a bit confusing because they're 2 entities within the boss fight, but it's 2 phases to the cycle of the boss fight, cycling through if you have to repeat from the first witch again. Even if the mechanics are the same for each sister, they are treated as separate phases because you are always forced to start on the Left sister and then proceed to the right-Therefore in order to start another cycle within the fight you'd have to return back to the left sister.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
xplicitone

Hope everything is ok, prayers for him

Thanks for your help man! Made it super painless with two defenders. Got my ToM now, woooo. And 3oC blessed me with a Skyburner's Annex. I mean, I don'f HAVE a Hunter... But I'm sure if I did it'd be pretty cool.

Because the ToM is 310 and I didnt't have a 310 primary yet it also pushed me from 311 to 312 lol

phen0m24

This is fairly amusing. Are these new people he is playing with?

I think at least one of them. I'm trying to teach him to laugh things off. But he didn't sound too happy for a while.

tumblr_m960ji21421qk7scno1_500.gif

Hope everything goes well LT. And you have been chosen for something. PM me for details.

Kadey the clan name changed. ??

Fig rocks. Even though I don't think she actually sleeps, she still hangs in there and is awesome. She needs to get sleep occasionally though. :p

:lol

I swear a good bit and I can be pretty stern sometimes (or a lot), so I get it. The notion doesn't bother me.

ich00

Had to admit baby Simon to AR Childrens Hospital :(

Hopefully we figure out a way to get him fattened up. I'll be home w/ my oldest tonight. Hopefully some of you are up for some raiding to help me chill out.

Hope everything works out well LT, they'll have him plump in no time!

Thanks for your help man! Made it super painless with two defenders. Got my ToM now, woooo. And 3oC blessed me with a Skyburner's Annex. I mean, I don'f HAVE a Hunter... But I'm sure if I did it'd be pretty cool.

Because the ToM is 310 and I didnt't have a 310 primary yet it also pushed me from 311 to 312 lol

You're welcome! I'm jealous because I don't even have a Skyburner's yet!

GutZ31

:lol

I swear a good bit and I can be pretty stern sometimes (or a lot), so I get it. The notion doesn't bother me.
If I talk about you negatively, it's always in jest, using Irish/drunk/cursing as the main plot points.

Cursing being the least of the bullet points, because who fucking cares?

Oh! I also forgot you get extra points for killing whoever has the most. Something to think about.
If I talk about you negatively, it's always in jest, using Irish/drunk/cursing as the main plot points.

I probably make as many Irish jokes as anyone, so you're good. :p

What's the hot new gaf clans. I just ended up removing school if hawk, im a free agent

Id ask ej to join the SoM, but i heard the acceptance wait time is longer than neogaf.

phen0m24

Fig who kept bringing up potato internet?

What's the hot new gaf clans. I just ended up removing school if hawk, im a free agent

Id ask ej to join the SoM, but i heard the acceptance wait time is longer than neogaf.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/1356944

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom