• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I don't care about loot. I just like logging on to shoot people, getting stuff after a match doesn't do anything for me - everything's that can drop sucks anyways.

Things I am bothered by?

Map weighing. I don't remember last time I played Delphi or Anomaly, everything is Vertigo.

Game quitters having NO penalty - you can quit to orbit and immediately start matchmaking again. That's unacceptable. If your kid is crying and you quit out or idle out, that's perfectly understandable - but a 10 minute matchmaking cooldown should be imposed to prevent rage quitters and assholes from ruining the game for the rest of us.

Bugs the lauded "Live Team" won't acknowledge or fix - teleporting Ogres, Oryx not taking damage from 16 bombs etc. Cmon. Kills the fun. TTK came out what, half a year ago? SUROS rockets still don't get affected by + Rocket Ammo perk. Hakke sniper scope is still off-center. Eirene impact bar shows it being higher than 1kys when it isn't. Vienna Singer is unobtainable if it didn't drop with your Spindle. Some of these are minor gripes, but wasn't the whole micro transaction thing a way to find them to fix things instead of producing content? Because so far they've done both poorly. Their newly funded and enlarged team took weeks to fix Quiver ffs and content-wise has come up with a dozen masks and 2 sparrow race tracks.

But whatever. This game is beyond repair. I expect nothing from them. I'll continue to enjoy my few matches a day in the Crucible and the occasional Challenge.

Best case scenario here is Destiny 2 being good.

I get you, but I just backed out of 3 games because I came in Salvage with a team leading by 3000 and my team had 1000. Bungie needs to fix that first.

ocean

Banned
I get you, but I just backed out of 3 games because I came in Salvage with a team leading by 3000 and my team had 1000. Bungie needs to fix that first.
As long as there's no penalty for quitting, it's gonna happen too often and it leads to frequently joining matches in progress.

When I say quitting needs penalties it's more because of how much I fucking detest joining a match in progress. If you quit you shouldn't be allowed to queue for anything that matchmakes for ~15 minutes - basically make it so that staying in the match is preferable to leaving.

phen0m24

As long as there's no penalty for quitting, it's gonna happen too often and it leads to frequently joining matches in progress.

When I say quitting needs penalties it's more because of how much I fucking detest joining a match in progress. If you quit you shouldn't be allowed to queue for anything that matchmakes for ~15 minutes - basically make it so that staying in the match is preferable to leaving.

It'd be great if there was a toggle in the UI for:
"Only join new games," wouldn't it?

You need to play that game, I haven't played it since a week before Destiny launch though lol
I may start
I probably won't

OMG WHY!!!! I forced myself through TTK campaign this weekend on my warlock get the sword so I could finish my solar exotic sword. So much time sunk into the story for the 3rd time when I could have avoided all this....

I'm...

I'm so sorry. :(

I did this on my Hunter for the Sol sword about 2 weeks before they added this option into the patch. I know your pain.

Had fun playing this weekend, got Oryx CM knocked out, got Titan to 318.

Meanwhile in that game I haven't opened yet:
http://xboxenthusiast.com/news/diablo-iii-is-getting-one-hell-of-a-patch/

Diablo 3 is amazing. They turned it around from garbage to the best loot game out there. I got sooooo hype when it leaked that the D3 team had talked to Bungie. Didn't make a big enough difference, but man, the D3 is on point!

I'm logging in tomorrow for a new season on PC. I hope one day Destiny is as good as Diablo.

v1perz53

Known issue. Don't shard/infuse your Y2 Greaves. They plan doesn't show in the Kiosk. Just like one of the Warlock helms earlier the year.

Bah, decisions decisions. Using them for infusion would get me to the magical 311 light so that every exotic becomes 310, but I would lose the greaves in the process. Eh I'll hold on to them for now, no reason not to.

Exotic sword quests are the worst. Whoever created them is a troll. I feel for anyone still trying to do them. Glad I abuse the unlimited nightstalker glitch to help me finish them. Hell I cant even finish the warlock or titan exotic gunsmith quests.

This is a real "low effort" snarky reply, but it made me guffaw:

PgQA9sE.png

OMG WHY!!!! I forced myself through TTK campaign this weekend on my warlock get the sword so I could finish my solar exotic sword. So much time sunk into the story for the 3rd time when I could have avoided all this....

Yea I did the Solar and void sword together after grinding with my arc one. . worst quests ever.

-
Also at this point grimoire should be "pay Salvage 100 times" not win . .

It's their tagging system to let people filter things out:

Xyzabky.png

When you post anything to the Destiny subreddit, you have to designate the kind of post it is. If you don't, the post gets removed by a bot.

Type of flair are shows in John's image above.

Cool, thanks.
Had fun playing this weekend, got Oryx CM knocked out, got Titan to 318.

Meanwhile in that game I haven't opened yet:
http://xboxenthusiast.com/news/diablo-iii-is-getting-one-hell-of-a-patch/

Did you get d3 for Xbox or ps4?

I have it on ps4 and have yet to play it

Known issue. Don't shard/infuse your Y2 Greaves. They plan doesn't show in the Kiosk. Just like one of the Warlock helms earlier the year.

Is there a website or something somewhere of all the known bugs and issues with Destiny?

I completely forgot about the Greaves thing. Can't believe that hasn't been addressed/fixed yet...

E92 M3

I wonder what kind of internet meltdown would happen if there is a major server bug and a proportion of players lost all of their items. Hopefully Bungie has precautions against that.

Shiv47

Assuming the planned clan/flawless crota run tonight comes off as expected, that will get me the platinum for Destiny, and I'll be more or less done with the game, aside from helping a friend who got it recently. Got one character to 319, others in mid-310s. Not going to grind any further for the exotics I never got. Done everything except get anywhere in Trials, so I feel like I'm pretty much done with the game unless something interesting happens before Destiny 2. Which...seems doubtful. No interest in grinding IB or SRL again. I've never sunk as much time into a game as this, so it'll be a nice change to get back into some other stuff. Of course, in a week or two, I could be playing just as much as always, but I doubt it.

phen0m24

...so I feel like I'm pretty much done with the game unless something interesting happens before Destiny 2. Which...seems doubtful. No interest in grinding IB or SRL again. I've never sunk as much time into a game as this, so it'll be a nice change to get back into some other stuff. Of course, in a week or two, I could be playing just as much as always, but I doubt it.

So how many of us have said all this before?

Raises hand lol

I'm getting my main to 320 but my alts will stay #forever310-319 cause IDAF. I used all their loot spoils for infusion fuel and it feels great. Everyone trying to get all 3 of their characters to 320 light is crazy.

So apologies to my alt Warlock and Titan, maybe next expansion!

I'm getting my main to 320 but my alts will stay #forever310-319 cause IDAF. I used all their loot spoils for infusion fuel and it feels great. Everyone trying to get all 3 of their characters to 320 light is crazy.

So apologies to my alt Warlock and Titan, maybe next expansion!

The light grind is sooo unappealing that I haven't even bothered playing my alts.

Raises hand lol

I'm played a hell of a lot of Witcher over the weekend.

ch4fx_

I have it on ps4 and have yet to play it

If you dudes decide to dive into the world of Sanctuary, let me know. I'm picking the game back up after quite the hiatus, so I'm trying to relearn everything. I don't mind to start a new character (or two) so we could start fresh, I'm actually trying to
eventually
platinum the game - so this would help make the "get 6 classes to level 70" trophy go by faster

Sorry for Diablo fishing in the Destiny thread, please forgive me.

The PS4, X. I couldn't play on the Bone if I wanted to. Josh lives on there with the buds. :)

If you dudes decide to dive into the world of Sanctuary, let me know. I'm picking the game back up after quite the hiatus, so I'm trying to relearn everything. I don't mind to start a new character (or two) so we could start fresh, I'm actually trying to
eventually
platinum the game - so this will help me with the "get 6 classes to level 70" trophy.

Sorry for Diablo fishing in the Destiny thread, please forgive me.

Nice!!! Hopefully in the very near future us 3 can play! Just need to find a 4th and schedule a time to start this up! Any suggestions on a starting time for this train?

Nice!!! Hopefully in the very near future us 3 can play! Just need to find a 4th and schedule a time to start this up! Any suggestions on a starting time for this train?

I'd be down for this. I stopped playing a bit ago. Every time I go to start up again and try to pub it, I get no hits on my lower characters. Started hardcore with some friends, and we never finished also. psn kortez1981. I mostly play later evenings (9PM CST when the kiddos go to bed).

Namikaze1

And my mercury chest exotic drop streak continues.

8th straight Mercury chest to give me an exotic. Got a Tarantella from it and a 317 Pulse.

Shiv47

Raises hand lol

Yeah, I'm not giving up the game cold turkey or anything, but I can't see putting in the time in the coming months like I have been. There just isn't anything left to do I haven't done countless times already. I've got Yakuza 5 waiting for me to fully dive into anyway, among other games.

Smooth mercury trip for nami good shit guys. With mercy intact too. Had a couple of tough games but the rest was smooth sailing 👍

Edit: what the fuck nami^^. I regret playing with you
/s

Namikaze1

Smooth mercury trip for nami good shit guys. With mercy intact too. Had a couple of tough games but the rest was smooth sailing 👍
Couple? I would say just one really. Most games had the enemy team winning at most two rounds. It was just that one team that gave us a bit of trouble only for Todd to send them straight to shock city at the end.

A lot of player discontent I think can be traced to Year 2 being a depowered version of the game.

• Get to max level on all your characters? Not in Year 2.
  • Have quick TTK weapons in Crucible? Not in Year 2.
  • Have crazy broke OP weapons from the raid? Not in Year 2.
  • Have elemental primaries that wrecked in Nightfalls? Not in Year 2.
  • Have stupid strong exotics like Gjallarhorn? Not in Year 2.

You can argue that this has made for a healthier game, but I remember when I used to be mighty.

Couple? I would say just one really. Most games had the enemy team winning at most two rounds. It was just that one team that gave us a bit of trouble only for Todd to send them straight to shock city at the end.

Yeah you are right. I went with couple to be safe but i think it was just that one game. 5-4. And it had some crazy rounds too, like that firefight on courtyard with 3 supers and like 10 revives lol

So has there been any new story content post TTK-launch? I know nothing major in terms of an expansion or anything like that, but I'm thinking more in terms of new insight into the story based on new quests, etc.

Solobbos

I'm level 40 and I just found out about the bounties given at the Tower next to the stairs leading to the Titan, Warlock and Hunter Vanguard people. Is there a good starters guide for this stuff somewhere? I feel like I've missed out by just doing the quests and all that without activating bounties. Are there bounties available anywhere else? Should I abandon the bounties after I've done 'em?

phen0m24

So has there been any new story content post TTK-launch? I know nothing major in terms of an expansion or anything like that, but I'm thinking more in terms of new insight into the story based on new quests, etc.

We've had the secret missions in the dailies like the spindle mission. No additional story there but nice nonetheless. Same with No Time to Explain missions

E92 M3

A lot of player discontent I think can be traced to Year 2 being a depowered version of the game.

• Get to max level on all your characters? Not in Year 2.
  • Have quick TTK weapons in Crucible? Not in Year 2.
  • Have crazy broke OP weapons from the raid? Not in Year 2.
  • Have elemental primaries that wrecked in Nightfalls? Not in Year 2.
  • Have stupid strong exotics like Gjallarhorn? Not in Year 2.

You can argue that this has made for a healthier game, but I remember when I used to be mighty.

I talked about this a long time ago how becoming legend means feeling a little overpowered and not balanced. In fact balance and power fantasy can't even coexist fully. I am looking forward to a full separation between PVP and PVE or weapons that have multiple modes.

I hate the wording on this quest:

Top 3 finishes are worth 3, match completions are worth 1.

So the way I read that is, a top 3 finish is worth 4 total.
Just say top 3 is worth 3 points, bottom 3 is worth 1. Or Completing a match is worth 1 point. Bonus 2 points for top 3 finish.

Top Bottom