• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Wait I figured it out. They're going to add a little green bar across your HUD that says 'CONNECTION OK!' with a thumbs up.

So even when you're lagging behind walls, you can look down at that little prompt and smile, knowing deep inside that your connection is indeed, ok.

"We changed all the connection bars to green! No more red bars!"

In all seriousness, the fact that they're making adjustments is great.

"We changed all the connection bars to green! No more red bars!"

"You're not lagging, we've modified our current system to make it impossible! What you're seeing is a new feature called 'Boss Mode'. Adapted from community vernacular, this system makes it so your opponents may appear like they're floating across the map or not getting hit by bullets-in fact it's a new matchmaking feature that means the better you do, the more boss mode activates! It's a feature!"

Frenden

Banned
I'm glad for the update news. I hope the revised matchmaking has more in common with the way things used to be than the way they are now.

todd360

Speaking of disguises, since my skills with Photoshop are terrible, would you be able to make me one Todd? Like this one

hZsJsZO.jpg

I didn't realize you put on the one driz made until I uploaded this. oh well.

I wasn't the one begging, but I've been trying to play trials all weekend and haven't been able to get a group (cause everyone's quit) so take me?

I wasn't begging, but I was
not so subtly
hinting :D

Once again I'm not sure what makes most sense for who to play when but I'll be online all night until reset, not sure how long you two have to play.

Edit:

Seems like Macello got kadey to help. Im waiting in orbit.

Ah right on. Sounds like we just need a 3rd then. Either Shiv or Rasen perhaps?

Lol thanks Drizz :p

I am curious about the Witness though, hoping it is as fun as it seemed when I read the original articles one it. However I might have started playing WoW again, so yeah, rip my time.

Please don't feel any obligation to use my crappy one if somebody w/ actual skills makes you a real one, haha. (edit: boom, there you go, Todd made a nice one)

....also I was >>this<< close to buying a copy of WoW when I bought my new DS4 tonight...

Please don't feel any obligation to use my crappy one if somebody w/ actual skills makes you a real one, haha.

....also I was >>this<< close to buying a copy of WoW when I bought my new DS4 tonight...

Have you never played WoW before? Because you would be in for a wild treat if it was your first time >_> Especially with some newbie friends to play with.

Seriously though, this CBMM is very good news if implemented into Trials specifically.

Once again I'm not sure what makes most sense for who to play when but I'll be online all night until reset, not sure how long you two have to play.

Edit:

Please don't feel any obligation to use my crappy one if somebody w/ actual skills makes you a real one, haha. (edit: boom, there you go, Todd made a nice one)

If shiv isn't available, I'd love to go :)
I'm not sweating Mercury, especially if they are going to implement CBMM, then I think more players will come back for trials, right?

Shiv47

Edit:

I can be available for a while tonight.

phen0m24

Whoa. Trials carries? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY

ERMint13

If all goes well, we intend to deploy the new matchmaking settings to more Crucible playlists over time. And, in keeping with this trend, we'll be sure to let you know.

I really don't think they even want to turn of SBMM. This is only for IB and it wouldn't shock me if they are hoping this doesn't fix problems the community has.

If the connections and overall experience increase for everyone it'll be interesting to see how quick they move it to other modes and if Trials will go back to connection based.

hZsJsZO.jpg

I didn't realize you put on the one driz made until I uploaded this. oh well.

Hahah no worries, I was only using the one Driz made out of respect for his mad Paint skills :p Thanks for that though, looks great!

And yes Driz! Join us! Give up your time completely.

phen0m24

Haven't played since Friday due to controller issues.

Buy new controller. Get disconnected from very first game I play.

Hmm. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Dude I had to buy three new DS4's. All my old ones. TRASHED. :(

And I'm pretty laissez faire with my stuff. But the right triggers. Every time the right triggers.

:(

EDIT: Taking a Payment VI into the crucible. Rodeo, Braced Frame, Counterbalance. :p

edit: I'm on DS4 #5 now :-/ I think Unstable holds the DGAF record at 7

Hahah no worries, I was only using the one Driz made out of respect for his mad Paint skills :p Thanks for that though, looks great!

And yes Driz! Join us! Give up your time completely.

Have you never played WoW before? Because you would be in for a wild treat if it was your first time >_> Especially with some newbie friends to play with.

Seriously though, this CBMM is very good news if implemented into Trials specifically.

Never ever played WoW but always been interested in it. If there're actually DGAF folks around who still play that would sweeten the pot. It obviously seems like that type of game you really need experienced players to show you around (even more so than Destiny).

We'll see what happens, I'm slightly scared to fall down that rabbit hole haha

Never ever played WoW but always been interested in it. If there're actually DGAF folks around who still play that would sweeten the pot. It obviously seems like that type of game you really need experienced players to show you around (even more so than Destiny).

I'm still on my first Dual Shock controller. Rubbers falling but it works~

WoW is a huge rabbit hole. If there were other DGaf players we could probably do a thing, @_@.

Yeah, it's a big, big rabbit hole.

I always wanted to play WoW when I was younger but my family was too poor to afford a computer that could play it or to pay for the monthly subscription (had to play Runescape instead). I feel like Destiny is my WoW. Of course it is not as vast as WoW but it provides me with the MMORPG feel I always wanted as a kid. But I know WoW is a life destroyer like most real MMOs and I'm glad Destiny is a console shooter at heart.

CBMM Update sounds promising. On Weds/Thurs also? Great news for the rest of IB.

This should affect trials, too, right?

To: Card -> Connection -> Skill

Top Bottom