• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

SnakeEyes

Banned
Oh my god. That's why they won't give us Custom games. Because that essentially nullifies their whole 'Having doubles/iron banners/trials on a scheduled basis'.
You're only realising this now?! I thought that was common knowledge in here, that we don't get Custom games because then there's no hype for the current limited-time events :)

Edit: Top of page? Only one suitable response. Math, you can now make God Ussop references :p
god_usopp_by_rakkigaru-d8ca0e0.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
May I present Blackbeard for your bearding pleasure?
God no, get that asshat out of here. Only person I dislike more than him is Doflamingo.
That giant turd needs to get pwnd.

Current status: 690/~727

Quick notice for everyone here planning to play the Division Beta, you can get your PS4 code (if you put that as your preference when putting in the preorder code). You can download the 28GB now! https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/beta-access
I haven't gotten e-mail notification that it's available yet :-/
YOU GOT MY HOPES UP, MAN!!

That website says I don't have any beta access. ��
Neither does mine, even though it auto-registered against my e-mail and didn't ask me to sign in with my uPlay details (presumably because I've got the Bungie website set to auto-sign in with my PSN ID)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wrote this in the Destiny stagnant thread in Gaming

The game is a new genre unto itself

It's a FPS + MMO Lite + Co-op Drop In/Out + Community Shared + Loot + RPG Experience
Also known as a Shared Online Shooter

The main draws for the game are 2 distinct features

1. The gunplay. It's the best out there. Most try other shooters, but harken back to Destiny gun shooting "feeling". It is regarded an experience you have to try and will fall in love with.
The TTK (time to kill) gets adjusted, but feels good enough where it gives you a sense of accomplishment.

2. Community. From Day 1 if you were lone wolf/solo/insular or introvert player, this game did put up a huge barrier/wall for you to leave such playstyle
Yes Matchmaking would've eased such barriers, but it unto itself became a networking feature.
You had to search out like minded people or try to recruit or join. GAF has a huge Destiny following due to our large pool of members and most of us appreciating each others company cause we had a common interest.
Same goes for other websites that players visit and aggregated a player pool.
First it was gunplay, the universe, the raid, the loot and Bungie pedigree that kept people hooked. Once that was gone, Community took over as the sole purpose.
I know this may sound blasphemous, I'm not trying to offend or make it equal as a grand gesture, but a lot of players are like military soldiers. We've enjoyed the company of our fellow comrades/squad so much, that once we leave (deploy home aka leave the game) we feel that loss, that you feel guilty and want to continue that bonding and being around it.
I've been away from the game for almost a year now due to health issues and the first few weeks hit me hard while in the hospital. Like Damn I let my buddies down, I wasn't there for Raid reset, no checkpoint passing, no shooting the shit with strangers now I called friends, and getting to experience something funny, endearing or jubilation from the game.

This game really brought out the best in everyone. From playing with GAF and strangers, it's complete different from say a COD. The culture of COD is very known and really Destiny never felt remotely like that for me at all, I put in roughly close to 1000 hours before getting sidelined or I would be 2000+ easily on this.

Game had a helpful nature that the elders went helped the newer players get their feet wet and join the ranks.
I went out of my to teach GAFfers how to farm destination materials. Hell one GAFfer admired that he just followed me and w/o communication or any friendship taught him the route/loop.
Then once they became a GAF member (lurked, but didn't know me at the time) it dawned on them I was the same person I helped farm those materials.
Small world huh?

What sucks right now is players are invested. The friends they've made and Community has given this game great longevity. Bungie should be seeing this (maybe they are, but it's not showing up on the dividends front). Most games would die for such retention with this content value delivered.

Games go through lulls, dry stages, but this game deserves some transparency. If it gets stigmatized it would be hard to brush off. Now there are other SOS genre games being created. The Division if successful and caters to those scorned and rips away chunks of players who invested much into Destiny, might find greener pastures on the other side. Hell if The Division does constant updates/communication flow it will trump Bungie and its IP. I mean games are a business, competition is always good. Hopefully Bungie responds.

Sweaty matches with Biggy and psipher.

Got flawless with some crazy comebacks. On 7 wins we were down 0-4 to a team who was teabagging and we came back to win and then came from behind on the final boss.

Awesome games, and as always, I'm sure biggy's back is tired from carrying so hard. What a wonderful man.

Got a Doctrine from the chest
rodeo:(

Todd and I just did the daily together and got put on opposite teams. Lol whut...we were in a fireteam together.

We were both top scoring players on our respective teams. Todd's team won :(

deadduck

Thorn is necessary to keep the many TLW/Sniper players in check, at least until primaries in general are buffed to an acceptable level.

Lol, no.

Mida, Juju, doctrine, paleo, jade, water star, suros45, hawksaw, grasp and plenty more don't need any buffs to compete.

Did that. Not showing up. Why you lying to me, Snake? The Pizza Gods don't like when you lie to fellow pizza lovers!

Guessing it's a region issue then. Southern Hemisphere is superior again :p Don't worry though, by the time it gives you your codes my download might have finished.

Probably not :(

nowai

Quick notice for everyone here planning to play the Division Beta, you can get your PS4 code (if you put that as your preference when putting in the preorder code). You can download the 28GB now! https://account-uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/beta-access

Logged in, but it says I don't have access to any betas yet. I assume they will be rolling out the invites.

I still have the email that says "we will email you when the beta is ready for download".

It's been posted and discussed about, but we know the live team is small and that's why we only get small stuff. SRL was probably worked on by more people, but executed by the live team. Something like Crimson Doubles is essentially a cus-

Oh my god. That's why they won't give us Custom games. Because that essentially nullifies their whole 'Having doubles/iron banners/trials on a scheduled basis'.

O.O

I'm too asian to have these manly beards.....

I feel you, bruh...

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Just realized this Friday is a team wide party at work... perfect for slipping out early for some extra time with that Division beta.

Blunoise

is beta seriously being release now??

btw this Destiny thread might as well become the Division OT haha unless until Destiny 2 is out in 2017 :)

Top Bottom