• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Ghazi

Threads dead, reading Bungie.net and Reddit the hate for Iron Banner Rift is pretty much universal. Looks like Bungie in an attempt to be clever and give us what we don't want killed the game

tumblr_inline_o0kkmbV2J01s1mmd6_500.gif

It's ~4 AM in the US, Bnet has always sucked, reddit always hates everything. Rift sucks, but that's a bit of an overreaction. Love the Khaled gif, tho.

deadduck

Noticed a few teams yesterday with 2/3 man fireteams and one guy in that ft super red barring. Be interesting to see if anything can be dobe with those instances with the new MM.

Marvel

could never
The lag in pvp has always been a problem, I certainly hope D2's netcode is up to scratch whenever it comes out.

Noticed a few teams yesterday with 2/3 man fireteams and one guy in that ft super red barring. Be interesting to see if anything can be dobe with those instances with the new MM.

The only thing they can do in those circumstances is restrict them from activities. They did say way back in October that if your internet was shit that would happen whether they do or not who knows

If you’re manipulating network traffic, or if your connection is so bad that you’re unintentionally compromising the experience of other players, we’ll issue a temporary restriction from all Crucible activity

What are some good looking Titan gauntlets? I feel like all the ones the vendors sell looks like crap.

Kalipolis Gloves from New Monarchy, they complement the NM chest piece very nicely.

Mau'ual's Maulers from the Shield Brothers Strike.

Ruin Wings look great with darker shaders.

PS Exclusive Hesperos ones look good with the full set (minus the helmet).

TP-DK

Kalipolis Gloves from New Monarchy, they complement the NM chest piece very nicely.

Mau'ual's Maulers from the Shield Brothers Strike.

Ruin Wings look great with darker shaders.

PS Exclusive Hesperos ones look good with the full set (minus the helmet).

I actually have all of those, but not really a fan any of them. I prefer the gauntlets to be uniform and not have left side being different from right. Right now Im using Murvaux Type 0, but the lack of armor on the forearms irritate me.

Haven't played in a few months but jumped back in for some IB yesterday.

All went well for the first set of games but then we just kept hitting teams of people with high level all using Mida.

There always seems to be one gun predominantly used in Destiny, they never quite get the balance right.

deadduck

Haven't played in a few months but jumped back in for some IB yesterday.

All went well for the first set of games but then we just kept hitting teams of people with High level all using Mida.

There always seems to be one gun predominantly used in Destiny there never quite get the balance right.

It's more balanced than it has ever been (apart from Lag) Mida isn't super OP (like thorn) people just gravite to certain weapons.

Mida is one of the best scout and hasn't changed. Other class been adjusted. Fast pulses are still good, fast auto are good, some HCs are also good.

Mida players tend to stay at range where it is most effective. You can join them or get closer.

WeTeHa

Quick question: How do I know if I'm lagging in pvp? My internet is not the best, but it's usually enough to play games. It's just... I'm almost always red bar, and I have no idea what I can do to make it better. Nobody else is using the internet, and I'm just playing Destiny. I get killed pretty easily though, so I'm pretty sure my lag isn't that bad (i.e. teleporting all over the place like some players I see).

It's more balanced than it has ever been (apart from Lag) Mida isn't super OP (like thorn) people just gravite to certain weapons.

Mida is one of the best scout and hasn't changed. Other class been adjusted. Fast pulses are still good, fast auto are good, some HCs are also good.

Mida players tend to stay at range where it is most effective. You can join them or get closer.

I think part of the problem is i'm only 302ish so struggling to complete. Most of the other players i can hold my own but those people particular were 4 shot killing me before i could respond.

I can get a 280 Mida out of the archive but the level drop could make things worse so it's kind of a catch 22.

Quick question: How do I know if I'm lagging in pvp? My internet is not the best, but it's usually enough to play games. It's just... I'm almost always red bar, and I have no idea what I can do to make it better. Nobody else is using the internet, and I'm just playing Destiny. I get killed pretty easily though, so I'm pretty sure my lag isn't that bad (i.e. teleporting all over the place like some players I see).

Do you know what your NAT setting is? that can effect connection so worth looking into.

deadduck

I think part of the problem is i'm only 302ish so struggling to complete. Most of the other players i can hold my own but those people particular were 4 shot killing me before i could respond.

I can get a 280 Mida out of the archive but the level drop could make things worse so it's kind of a catch 22.

Mida can 4 shot in an equal setting (with 2 headshots I think), against a character with lower light only one HS might be needed.

deviant1

Wow, IB Rift with randoms is the worst. Played 5 matches yesterday and lost all 5 including 2 by mercy rule and there was lag everywhere.

I just adore seeing a red bar connection Titan run towards me from long distance, I open fire on him, I die due to a shoulder charge that I don't even see on my end before he's even within distance, and than on the kill cam he's already half way across the map. If the new MM tweaks don't help with this BS I think I'll sit this IB out.

WeTeHa

Do you know what your NAT setting is? that can effect connection so worth looking into.

Type 2. Tried getting it to 1 when I first got the PS4, but it would always stay at 2 so I just said screw it.

I'm not even sure if I'm lagging at all, as I see plenty of people with green bars lagging like crazy and others with red bars not lagging at all, so my main question is: how do I know if other people see me teleporting like crazy?

Tri4

Wow, IB Rift with randoms is the worst. Played 5 matches yesterday and lost all 5 including 2 by mercy rule and there was lag everywhere.

I just adore seeing a red bar connection Titan run towards me from long distance, I open fire on him, I die due to a shoulder charge that I don't even see on my end before he's even within distance, and than on the kill cam he's already half way across the map. If the new MM tweaks don't help with this BS I think I'll sit this IB out.
Laggy titans are the worst. I've found most laggers are titans and they almost always have that fucking alak hul helm.

On a side note I finally got round to watching Hobbit 3. Next step, LoTR ☺

Deku Tree

And the game usually says he's green bar the entire time too.

Type 2. Tried getting it to 1 when I first got the PS4, but it would always stay at 2 so I just said screw it.

I'm not even sure if I'm lagging at all, as I see plenty of people with green bars lagging like crazy and others with red bars not lagging at all, so my main question is: how do I know if other people see me teleporting like crazy?

Do you connect through wired or wireless?

You're either NAT type 3, stuck behind some firewall, your router is not set up with ports correctly or playing with players very far away from you.

Try playing with some German players, or players from nearby countries and see how the lag is then.

I'm not even sure if I'm lagging at all, as I see plenty of people with green bars lagging like crazy and others with red bars not lagging at all

Type 1 = wired. You can't get type 1 with a wi-fi connection.

Also, the bars don't mean anything. Red bars could be perfectly fine and green bars teleporting all over the map.

my main question is: how do I know if other people see me teleporting like crazy?

you can't unless your team mates tell you that they can see you teleporting or you get hate messages on psn calling you a lagswitcher or something like that

Laggy titans are the worst. I've found most laggers are titans and they almost always have that fucking alak hul helm.

You meant warlocks wearing the RAM helmet, right?

WeTeHa

you can't unless your team mates tell you that they can see you teleporting or you get hate messages on psn calling you a lagswitcher or something like that

Ah, okay. I've never gotten any hate messages, and I can't run around the map without getting killed quickly, so I guess my connection should be mostly fine, even if I'm a red bar (well... the entire team has red bars, so whatever).

Tri4

You meant warlocks wearing the RAM helmet, right?
Warlocks have been fine for me for the most part. Except when stormcallers use their super of course. Funnipy enough yesterday a couple guys in an IB train I was in had problems with a ramlock but he wasnt lagging for me xD

Seriously though, why do you titans think THIS looks cool?
MmZWbPD.jpg

E92 M3

Warlocks have been fine for me for the most part. Except when stormcallers use their super of course. Funnipy enough yesterday a couple guys in an IB train I was in had problems with a ramlock but he wasnt lagging for me xD

Seriously though, why do you titans think THIS looks cool?
MmZWbPD.jpg

It looks very shitty lol. My favorite helmets are the IB and Saint-13. Saint-13 never comes off, though. Looks dope as fuck.

WipedOut

It looks very shitty lol. My favorite helmets are the IB and Saint-13. Saint-13 never comes off, though. Looks dope as fuck.

They made a Saint-13 helmet? Is this something super rare, I've only ever had the St-14 drop for me. o_O

Titan it's the IB helm or St-14 all the way.

Hunter - IB Helm

Warlock - Samsara 1 - My favorite walock helm.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dark with the clutch win. Being behind all game and then bam, I tether and someone storm call and we won.

One spot for IB.

Top Bottom