• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

maomaoIYP

First IB match of this IB.
Got dumped into a match with two premade teams of 5 & 6.
Carried the team to victory LOL.
CZu3bcsUUAAKj7E.jpg:large

Thought I'd finally lucked out with a party crasher drop, rangefinder and final round, go to inspect and zero range perks, again. Hopefully the next one to drop in another six weeks or so will have range perks

SpecX

Memento is a horrible map. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put the spark right next to one of the spawning spots? I'm fortunate our team had that spot, but the other team had almost no chance as our entire team could quickly respawn and hold down the spark for an easy grab.

I was hoping that Bungie would change the bounties, but at least rift allows them to be completed easier than clash did. I don't think I ever hit the 2500 score bounty in clash and double kills were even harder unless I caught the team at the heavy chest.

Thought I'd finally lucked out with a party crasher drop, rangefinder and final round, go to inspect and zero range perks, again. Hopefully the next one to drop in another six weeks or so will have range perks
I haven't seen one drop in all the PvP I've played and weekly nightfalls I've turned in since Taken King.

WeTeHa

2 three of coins, 2 exotic engrams. kind of evens out the 12 or so I used yesterday when we were doing the oryx challenge without getting a single one.

First IB match of this IB.
Got dumped into a match with two premade teams of 5 & 6.
Carried the team to victory LOL.
CZu3bcsUUAAKj7E.jpg:large

Where do you live, I see you got matched with Australian players? I've played with/agaist AusG clan before...

Also, nice work showing that the lust for k/dr is meaningless in a mode like rift.

I've had 3 drop, I used to get that many a week in HoWs. Afaik they can only drop from crucible matches
If they can drop in crucible matches, they can drop from the weekly PVP nightfall. I've gotten Ash Factory, Red Spectre, In Times of Need, Spare Change tons of NLX Shadows with frickin Icarus, and an Eyasluna from the weeklies. It seems like they tweaked the drop rate though because I've gotten a ghost or strange coins out of the last fifteen I've done, besides two exotics.

maomaoIYP

Where do you live, I see you got matched with Australian players? I've played with/agaist AusG clan before...

Also, nice work showing that the lust for k/dr is meaningless in a mode like rift.

I'm in Singapore so yeah I get matched up with Aussies occasionally. Unfortunately you guys still lag though. =P

How's the matchmaking today?

/start rant

Last night was a joke. We played 7 matches last night with a group of 5 and only managed to win once.

If anything, IB Rift has shown me just how HORRIBLE this game mode is. Heavy ammo drops. Getting Spawn killed. Spawning right next to the other team.

Good grief. Rift has been universally loathed since TTK release. Please Bungie, accept that and stop trying to make people play it.

/end rant

If they can drop in crucible matches, they can drop from the weekly PVP nightfal. I've gotten Ash Factory, Red Spectre, In Times of Need, Spare Change tons of NLX Shadows with frickin Icarus, and an Eyasluna from the weeklies. It seems like they tweaked the drop rate though because I've gotten a ghost or strange coins out of the last fifteen I've done, besides two exotics.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Shaxx only gives me ghosts. This is a game about ghost shell collection right? It's not a shooter. Why would I want to get guns as a reward in my shooter?

Between Nightfall rewards, busted Crucible rewards and Oryx glitches, I've never felt worse about Destiny. Just can't get interested in Iron Banner either.

It felt like Bungie abandoned Destiny after House of Wolves. It really feels like that now. If there are no Quality of Life changes for the Feb event then I might just despair.

I'm in Singapore so yeah I get matched up with Aussies occasionally. Unfortunately you guys still lag though. =P

Well true, at times I get matched with players from Hong kong, Malaysia and other SE Asian countries and they teleport all over the place.

The mm changes have not gone through yet, so still the same I suppose. Not sure even if the mm changes will fix anything as long as the game is p2p. IB lag has existed since the beta days.

flkraven

/start rant

Last night was a joke. We played 7 matches last night with a group of 5 and only managed to win once.

If anything, IB Rift has shown me just how HORRIBLE this game mode is. Heavy ammo drops. Getting Spawn killed. Spawning right next to the other team.

Good grief. Rift has been universally loathed since TTK release. Please Bungie, accept that and stop trying to make people play it.

/end rant

Rift is a good idea, but it's the perfect example of something being half baked so it entirely ruins the experience. The game quickly becomes a camp fest with half the map being under utilized. There are countless ways they could improve this game mode:

-Randomize the ball spawn locations
-Randomize the goal locations
-Add multiple dunking options for various points (like a '3 pointer' equivalent that is deeper in the enemy spawn)
-Allow passing of the ball.
-Include the really really large scale maps that I never fucking play.
-Give more points to players that genuinely assist the rift runner (ie, big points for being close to a dunker when he dunks). This incentivizes people to work together with the rift runner.

and specifically for IB, honestly, how fucking difficult would it be to slightly tweak the bounties so they make sense for Rift? This feels like the most 'get off your ass and do something Live Team' thing.

flkraven

If they can drop in crucible matches, they can drop from the weekly PVP nightfall. I've gotten Ash Factory, Red Spectre, In Times of Need, Spare Change tons of NLX Shadows with frickin Icarus, and an Eyasluna from the weeklies. It seems like they tweaked the drop rate though because I've gotten a ghost or strange coins out of the last fifteen I've done, besides two exotics.

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Shaxx only gives me ghosts. This is a game about ghost shell collection right? It's not a shooter. Why would I want to get guns as a reward in my shooter?

Between Nightfall rewards, busted Crucible rewards and Oryx glitches, I've never felt worse about Destiny. Just can't get interested in Iron Banner either.

It felt like Bungie abandoned Destiny after House of Wolves. It really feels like that now. If there are no Quality of Life changes for the Feb event then I might just despair.

PvP NF has only been Strange Coins for me the last 4 or 5 completions.

SpecX

Completed 2 out of 3 of the daily bounties in a single match. Is it bad I have a better k/d ratio with melee/shoulder charge attacks than I do with using guns?

Zarinea-D w/ Persistance & Rifled Barrel worth picking up? Or keep waiting. Realistically, I'll probably never use it over Haaken's Hatchet though.

Yeah it's a good roll but Z-D is not a pvp AR.

Completed 2 out of 3 of the daily bounties in a single match. Is it bad I have a better k/d ratio with melee/shoulder charge attacks than I do with using guns?

Shoulder charge and trip mine kills are way more satisfying than kills from any weapon in the game. Except sidearms.

Rift is a good idea, but it's the perfect example of something being half baked so it entirely ruins the experience. The game quickly becomes a camp fest with half the map being under utilized. There are countless ways they could improve this game mode:

-Randomize the ball spawn locations
-Randomize the goal locations
-Add multiple dunking options for various points (like a '3 pointer' equivalent that is deeper in the enemy spawn)
-Allow passing of the ball.
-Include the really really large scale maps that I never fucking play.
-Give more points to players that genuinely assist the rift runner (ie, big points for being close to a dunker when he dunks). This incentivizes people to work together with the rift runner.

and specifically for IB, honestly, how fucking difficult would it be to slightly tweak the bounties so they make sense for Rift? This feels like the most 'get off your ass and do something Live Team' thing.

I love these ideas.

I would also like to add the following:

-No Heavy ammo spawns while a carrier is active. If you're on "defense" and heavy ammo spawns you're pretty screwed.

-Change the ammount of ammo someone can have with a MG. This is where we NEED PvE and PvP balance.

-The spawn timer needs to be fixed when you're on defense.

Looks like Reddit finally realized what a circle jerk guardian radio is.

I've stopped listening a while ago. Too shill for me.

Crucible Radio is pretty bad too. The hosts/mods of Crucible Playbook try to keep salt and suggestions to a minimum, which I think is good. But man, if anyone has *any* criticism of Bungie or the Crucible, then they lump all criticism into the crappiest viewpoints.

Like the 0.04% thing. Instead of asking Bungie about it, they used this disgusting shrill voice and mock asked "Bungie! Why do you lie you obvious liars who hate all players and hate the game? hur hur hur..."

Newsk & Sage were actually very conciliatory, but the hosts were just awful. Guys. Learn to separate the wheat from the chaff and realize that if people are salty, it's for legitimate reasons, even if some people take it too far.

ERMint13

I've stopped doing the weeklies at least actively. I'll pick up the bounties and if I finish them by chance great. Every time it's a ghost. A ghost under 300 and I'm light level 317+ when I turn in the bounties.

Got 2x Arminius-D from gunsmith packages today.

1. Partial Refund, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel
2. Army of One, Spray 'n Play, Smallbore

Either worth hanging on to?

AaronMT86

Something about dying from a perfectly rolled Doctrine of Passing (Adept) is really infuriating. That thing is a beast, I have no idea how to counter it on a 1v1.

I haven't even unlocked the Crucible nightfall quests and I don't have any inclination to after reading all the posts about the garbage loot drops.

Didn't Bungie say they were fixing Crucible drops all around or was that strictly related to IB?

Just read the update on match making, don't know if it has improved during this IB, but at least all the bitching and whining isn't falling on deaf ears.

Top Bottom