• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

LTWood12

I got one with Rangefinder and one with HH now.

Sad. Ape is sad.

Some people prefer the hidden hand roll because of the stickiness. I don't really find the left to right wobble that hard to manage. You don't have to worry about crits since the TTK is virtually identical w/ body shots.

Some people prefer the hidden hand roll because of the stickiness. I don't really find the left to right wobble that hard to manage. You don't have to worry about crits since the TTK is virtually identical w/ body shots.

Yeah, I use the HH one and it does decent work. I just want to be one of the cool guardians and have CB too

I really hope The Division has some great player movement and control. The RPG aspects of it looks so much more diverse. Things like building a tank or dps character look very doable, and even encouraged. Talents looks like things that can actually make a difference in battle. And can even be activated by player choice and a bit of skill (Headshots activating them, etc).

I think another concern is content. It will certainly take a bit of time to build up your base of operation, but I hope there's more end game.

This all brings me back to Destiny. I can't stand how inconsequential the perks are on armor. And essentially, all 'builds' are the same. Wouldn't it be kind of interesting to have a healing grenade?

I hope this doesn't come off as off topic but since people bring up The Division quite often here I think I should be ok.

spyder_ur

What perks do you want on the Doctrine? Mine has Persistence, Smallbore, Counterbalance.

Has anyone taken the Suros out for a spin recently?

I really hope The Division has some great player movement and control. The RPG aspects of it looks so much more diverse. Things like building a tank or dps character look very doable, and even encouraged. Talents looks like things that can actually make a difference in battle. And can even be activated by player choice and a bit of skill (Headshots activating them, etc).

I think another concern is content. It will certainly take a bit of time to build up your base of operation, but I hope there's more end game.

Yeah, the movement and shooting are my concern, based on what I've seen. They look mediocre at best, IMO. I'm interested in the RPG elements, but the gunplay looks so damn unsatisfying.

Looking forward to trying it out though.

Jafku

What perks do you want on the Doctrine? Mine has Persistence, Smallbore, Counterbalance.

Yeah, the movement and shooting are my concern, based on what I've seen. They look mediocre at best, IMO. I'm interested in the RPG elements, but the gunplay looks so damn unsatisfying.

Mine has Persistence, Braced Frame, Counterbalance

LTWood12

The last perk is the only one that varies. CB, HH, Rangefinder, & Rodeo. CB seems to be the most popular. Rangefinder does almost nothing for a weapon w/ as low a range as Doctrine, and no one even knows what Rodeo does haha. So CB or HH are what you want.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
More than any other game mode, Rift feels grafted onto maps that weren't designed for it.

Maybe I have awful luck, but spawning near a group of enemies seems to happen much more often in Rift than any other mode I've played.

giphy.gif

You'll get a Counterbalance Doctrine one day. Maybe if you stopped the heresies of displaying 50 posts per page & gave up Inverted look it would help.

But what do I know? I still can't get a HM helmet.

GRIP

From what I saw when I was stalking your loadout the other day, it seemed like you got a good roll. That's why I asked when you got it ;P

The one good thing that came out of our embarrassing trials run over the weekend was that I finally got a Doctrine from my gold package. Persistence and Range Finder. I got two stability perks in the middle row , but can't remember which. One almost maxes it out so overall seems like a great roll.

LTWood12

giphy.gif

You'll get a Counterbalance Doctrine one day. Maybe if you stopped the heresies of displaying 50 posts per page & gave up Inverted look it would help.

But what do I know? I still can't get a HM helmet.

Remember when I preached the gospel of Hard Light for about 48 hours last month? Yeah that didn't really pan out.

spyder_ur

Mine has Persistence, Braced Frame, Counterbalance

The last perk is the only one that varies. CB, HH, Rangefinder, & Rodeo. CB seems to be the most popular. Rangefinder does almost nothing for a weapon w/ as low a range as Doctrine, and no one even knows what Rodeo does haha. So CB or HH are what you want.

Gotcha, thanks. Mine seems pretty decent then - maybe I'll take it for a spin this week. I just keep thinking that if I'm going with a shorter range primary I'd prefer to have TLW on me.

From what I saw when I was stalking your loadout the other day, it seemed like you got a good roll. That's why I asked when you got it ;P

The one good thing that came out of our embarrassing trials run over the weekend was that I finally got a Doctrine from my gold package. Persistence and Range Finder. I got two stability perks in the middle row , but can't remember which. One almost maxes it out so overall seems like a great roll.

Stop checking me out Grip - glad you got your own.

Last night was infuriating.

Destiny did not like my internet connection and it continued to kick me out of matches. I was kicked about 10 times last night, some of which while we had substantial lead. Thanks, Obama.

flkraven

Hard light is fun to use and sounds rad I'll give it that. If we'd gotten the advertised auto rifle buff it would be top tier.

I haven't used it in PvP in a bit, but wouldn't the lack of range drop off still make it pretty damn good for medium distance encounters?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No there is no order in who gets to pick up the spark, the key is to pick it up so the enemy doesn't. Holding it means points.

Hard light is fun to use and sounds rad I'll give it that. If we'd gotten the advertised auto rifle buff it would be top tier.

Some of the most fun I had in the game was running strikes for Hopscotch. I realized straight away it'd be dull if I didn't try to mix it up. So I used the strikes to level every exotic I had, and made a rule that I had to change my play style to accommodate it. The strikes weren't too difficult, so it made everything viable even if it wasn't optimal. Now I'm all like, "Why bother? Nothing drops."

Tri4

Yeah, the movement and shooting are my concern, based on what I've seen. They look mediocre at best, IMO. I'm interested in the RPG elements, but the gunplay looks so damn unsatisfying
This also my biggest concern. Let's be honest, most 3rd person shooters are crouch-behind-cover simulators with the odd peeking to shoot. It doesn't even look like you can jump in the Division, which means the game will have almost no verticality.

Kaiken

Banned
I've got Bird and Beaver all day yesterday during the Raid. The most disconnects I've ever been through in one sitting since the game released. GG Bungie.

This also my biggest concern. Let's be honest, most 3rd person shooters are crouch-behind-cover simulators with the odd peeking to shoot. It doesn't even look like you can jump in the Division, which means the game will have almost no verticality.

We're going to get a binary.

Destiny for best in class gameplay.
Division for great RPG elements and builds, roles, etc.

If nothing else, competition will be good for everyone.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone else finding that network stability is worse lately when runnin patrols?

The game has network issues all over the place yes, we all know and complain about that.
But lately I'm findin that solo patrols is bad. Really bad. I'll get a "beetle" or "baboon" error and it doesn't boot me to dashboard or to orbit. The game respawns me at the entrance to the zone I was in, all the enemies I was fighting against are gone (often it's taken or a public event) and all of my special and heavy ammo is gone.

This all brings me back to Destiny. I can't stand how inconsequential the perks are on armor. And essentially, all 'builds' are the same. Wouldn't it be kind of interesting to have a healing grenade?

This is my biggest problem with Destiny really. All the gear so so inconsequential for the most part, even the exotics which are supposed the be the "game changer" pieces. Bungie is so afraid of letting people overpower content that they neuter all their gear into blandness to do it. It's one of the things I really hope they change with Destiny 2. Let player's become strong, that's why loot games are fun.

Anyways, on topic. Is the scout rifle in IB worth the grind? Semi-considering doing it.

Tri4

We're going to get a binary.

Destiny for best in class gameplay.
Division for great RPG elements and builds, roles, etc.

If nothing else, competition will be good for everyone.
That looks like what will happen, yeah. Just not sure if I'll be able to scratch that destiny itch using division because of destiny's most likely superior gameplay.

WipedOut

That looks like what will happen, yeah. Just not sure if I'll be able to scratch that destiny itch using division because of destiny's most likely superior gameplay.

Let's be real here, Destiny destroys everything out there when it comes to gunplay. Its the true reason that keeps me playing this game. It's ruined other FPS shooters for me.

Tri4

Let's be real here, Destiny destroys everything out there when it comes to gunplay. Its the true reason that keeps me playing this game. It's ruined other FPS shooters for me.
Agreed. I am indeed hyped for division I'm almost certain it won't be as fun as destiny.

Also what the hell is wrong with hard light? I have Max stability on it and its recoiling like crazy. Kinda regret buying and upgrading it.

spyder_ur

I have a feeling many of you are going to be severely disappointed with division.

Yeah, I agree with you. The base gameplay (i.e. moving and shooting) of Destiny is fucking awesome, which is something I think gets taken for granted around here. That's before we get into any of the issues that Destiny has during its lifetime struggled with, and that I see no reason to think Division will do better: mission structure, loot availability and scaling, power levels, ongoing support and expansions, etc.

Maybe they will knock it all out of the park. Like I said I'll play the Beta and see for myself. I just don't get all this crazy hype - maybe just a slow time both in Destiny and other games?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
More comments about network issues while patrolling.

Got to Skywatch, getting some hive kills for gunsmith weapon. I'm there for about 5 minutes, no public event has occurred. And then freaking Urzok the Hated is just strolling around. He walks up to me, takes a swing with his sword and then just stands there as I put 15+ shots from my arc Thesan FR4 fusion rifle (315 light) and his shield never even takes damage. I step a bit closer he wakes up and takes a swing at me again and then the baboon error occurs.
Seconds later I spawn at the entrance to the zone, no special or heavy ammo and no enemies in the zone.

Game should not be getting worse

Agreed. I am indeed hyped for division I'm almost certain it won't be as fun as destiny.

Also what the hell is wrong with hard light? I have Max stability on it and its recoiling like crazy. Kinda regret buying and upgrading it.

did you not see this?

XD

I have a feeling many of you are going to be severely disappointed with division.
I am expecting to be disappointed. that way I can not spend the money and use it toward a snowblower.
seriously. no Kappa.

WipedOut

Yeah, I agree with you. The base gameplay (i.e. moving and shooting) of Destiny is fucking awesome, which is something I think gets taken for granted around here. That's before we get into any of the issues that Destiny has during its lifetime struggled with, and that I see no reason to think Division will do better: mission structure, loot availability and scaling, power levels, ongoing support and expansions, etc.

Maybe they will knock it all out of the park. Like I said I'll play the Beta and see for myself. I just don't get all this crazy hype - maybe just a slow time both in Destiny and other games?

I'll be playing it also, have the beta downloaded for both PS4 and Xbox. Maybe it will change my mind but I seriously doubt it.

Ubisoft has never done anything like this before. Just like Bungie when they started Destiny. Hopefully Ubisoft has watched these past 2 years. Maybe they will make some good changes. But then again... It is Ubisoft. So I'm never going to be sold until they bring back Prince of Persia

Top Bottom