• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

DGAF, lend me your knowledge please..

Im looking
hoping
to do something raid wise today before my Holiday festivities begin tonight. Here is my dilemma... Do I hope for a NM run? Or do I focus on trying to find a group that will let me attempt HM Warpriest for the first time?

I can get my Guardian up to 304/305 if I maximize my gear, but this is with my using a raid fusion rifle @ 310 rather than the Spindle. If I use my Spindle (294), it drops me down to 302/303. If I end up doing HM, which is going to be more helpful? A higher LL, or will having the Spindle be more beneficial to my team than a slightly higher LL?

& While we are on the subject of asking questions.. Anyone mind to point out the difference in NM Warpriest & HM Warpriest? This is the first time Ive even thought about HM & it would be my first time doing the Warpriest challenge, so any tips would be hella appreciated.

MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS to my Guardians across the pond/in the future, roughly 14 more hours to go in Tennessee. I hope you & your families have an awesome day.

You can totally do HM warpriest at 300+.

Just infuse that fusion into your spindle and you're good to go.

You can do hm King's fall up to daughters without much trouble, and even oryx if the group is decent.

So, forget normal and go straight to hard. The HM "mechanics" for WP and Golgoroth don't really matter too much.

Im looking
hoping
to do something raid wise today before my Holiday festivities begin tonight. Here is my dilemma... Do I hope for a NM run? Or do I focus on trying to find a group that will let me attempt HM Warpriest for the first time?

I can get my Guardian up to 304/305 if I maximize my gear, but this is with my using a raid fusion rifle @ 310 rather than the Spindle. If I use my Spindle (294), it drops me down to 302/303. If I end up doing HM, which is going to be more helpful? A higher LL, or will having the Spindle be more beneficial to my team than a slightly higher LL?

& While we are on the subject of asking questions.. Anyone mind to point out the difference in NM Warpriest & HM Warpriest? This is the first time Ive even thought about HM & it would be my first time doing the Warpriest challenge, so any tips would be hella appreciated.

MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS to my Guardians across the pond/in the future, roughly 14 more hours to go in Tennessee. I hope you & your families have an awesome day.
Merry Christmas to you too!
i'd take some special weapons and infuse the Spindle thrice. use a special around 299, then 304/5, then the 310. it should take you at the very least to 308, I believe.
the HM has no revive. i'm not sure if there are any other differences?

Aww man. Thanks nami. I'm off to work now but thanks for the offer

Aww shucks

hey rob, Merry Christmas!
i can help you out. i don't care about my k/d, as it can't really get much worse XD
PSN message me, and i'll let you know when i can get on.

edit: crap. double post again :/

hey rob, Merry Christmas!
i can help you out. i don't care about my k/d, as it can't really get much worse XD
PSN message me, and i'll let you know when i can get on.

edit: crap. double post again :/

Thanks man. I should be back on this afternoon. short work day.

It wouldn't be so bad but imprecetion is a terrible gun. Usually comes down to me getting 2 headshots them walking away with a sliver of health before the gun will let me fire again.
Or I kill them but not a headshot

Ugh. So frustrating

Gordon

Thanks man. I should be back on this afternoon. short work day.

It wouldn't be so bad but impreceTion is a terrible gun. Usually comes down to me getting 2 headshots then walking away with a sliver of health before the gun will let me fire again.
Our I kill them buys not a headshot

Ugh. So frustrating
Wouldn't SWAT be awesome for that?

ocean

Banned
All that is well and good but its the skill over connection which is why everyone is up in arms. My ELO/DTR is all over the place as no amount of skill can deal with the other team being that constant 1 second ahead of you or a fireteam of red bars from the other side of the world. I was playing with Feetie yesterday and I was sniped a good 4/5 feet round a corner, how the fuck are you supposed to counter bullshit like that. In my experience thats the norm not an exception.
Oh I'm not in any way saying that the skill based matchmaking is a good thing. I was just pointing out how it's not something new, it's been there since the game came out and how you can observe that it's there. I also feel connection should be the sole determinant of who you match.

noomi

Merry X-Mas DGAF!

Let the drinking begin!

Sunset Overdrive is pretty fucking awesome by the way... having way to much fun with it at the moment.

Namikaze1

Merry X-Mas DGAF!

Let the drinking begin!

Sunset Overdrive is pretty fucking awesome by the way... having way to much fun with it at the moment.
Drinking already started, mate.

Shitty day so far. Slipped on some dog toy and ended up knocking the vacuum which in turn ended up knocking a small fish tank. At least it was the old one. And then there's the other crappy stuff that happened.

Anyone interested in playing some skirmish and elimination for this week's dayfall bounties? Getting tiresome being on the team with players that don't understand how reviving and being revivied works and helps your team...

Dave_6

Merry Christmas Eve DGAF. I'm stuck at work for the time being so a drink would be nice right now. What's everyone's drink of choice? I've been hung up on Kraken rum and Coke lately.

Chucker

Client at work brought a bottle of champagne for everybody in the office. My evening consists of dinner with my fam, putting the kids to sleep, drinking that bottle while attempting to match Glam's skill with Dollhouse Savannah, Christmas Vacation and maybe some Destiny

Be Merry, friends!

Jafku

It's easy to solo Crota's End normal mode for the trophy. King's Fall and Vault of Glass aren't soloable and both requires a few attempts for the flawless. It's much easier to get the trophy from Crota's End.
I've been trying to get flawless raider. Thanks for the idea

phen0m24

I managed to actually kill someone, but couldn't move :p
Seems like that would be a great place to wait with hunter invisibility, like a trapdoor spider!

PSN is acting up. When I search for you it just goes into a search loop and ends with an error message. Can you search for me? PSN: Saint9806
Getting the same thing when I search for you unfortunately. PSN Christmas comes early this year!

Namikaze1

In nightfall right now if anyone wants in. Don't have much time since I will have to return back to cooking.

Edit: oh look. A double post. Will the "sheriff" harass me again?

Iceman829

Difference between NM and HM is that when the WP consumes a tablet he gains a special attack. The right tablet gives him the fallen captains blinding attack bubble that he shoots across the map. Middle gives him the hobgoblin triple burst attack and the left (top) I forget because we never use that side. Usually everyone uses the rotation of right, middle, middle to kill it. It helps to have weapons of light and a blessing of light stacked up in case he is getting attacks through. The challenge mode is the same. No one can hold the aura more than once. If you get a good stagger on him with Black Spindle he won't really attack much. If you have a pair of titans and hunters you'll be fine with the bubbles and tethers to kill him quick.

In nightfall right now if anyone wants in. Don't have much time since I will have to return back to cooking.

Edit: oh look. A double post. Will the "sheriff" harass me again?

So you do know how to edit a post ;)

PSN is acting up for me too, but it seems to work after a couple of tries.

Top Bottom