• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Merry Christmas DGaf. Great community.

Lets wish that PSN does not get too hammered tonight and tomorrow

bungie_happy_holidays.jpg

• Loot here is only gained in missions through what enemies drop, right? I'm mostly unlocking weapons and gear upgrades. Are there any loot chests?
  • So I have to wait until I'm Lv. 20 to change my character's outfit? Damn.

Loving the game so far. My only gripe is that missions seem to take place on the map - on the very same course as previous missions. Are the DLC's similar?

Ken

• Loot here is only gained in missions through what enemies drop, right? I'm mostly unlocking weapons and gear upgrades. Are there any loot chests?
  • So I have to wait until I'm Lv. 20 to change my character's outfit? Damn.

Loving the game so far. My only gripe is that missions seem to take place on the map - on the very same course as previous missions. Are the DLC's similar?

There's a few instances with literal loot chests but it's mostly loot pinatas.

Not sure what you mean by outfit. Shaders?

Lima

I'm really struggling with finding a main PvP weapon. What's considered the best type of weapon in the new meta since the patch?

Primaries are all pretty much balanced in the game right now. I've been playing 6v6 yesterday for the first time in like 6 months and it was crazy. Getting killed by TLW, Suros, Red Death, Thorn, Hawksaw, Mida etc. all in the same match.

Basically find a gun that you are comfortable with and stick with it. When in doubt go with the Mida Multi Tool. Easy to use and quick TTK.

Namikaze1

Raiding?

What is this, and can I join in?
It's a 6 player endgame activity. Depending on the team setup, you don't even need 6 players for two of the raids.

The game has 3 raids (vanilla version has 1 and the DLCs added two more to the game)

Each raid requires you to be at a minimum level for entry (for the taken king raid, it's based on your light level)

Vault of Glass or VoG as we call it is the original raid. Game suggests you be level 26 for the normal version of the raid. You can go in if you're at least level 22. The Hard Mode version suggests you be 30. You can go in at 26.

Crota's End (the dark below DLC raid) suggests players be 30 and 32 for normal and hard mode respectively. But you can be 4 levels below the suggested levels for entry into the raid.

Only the Taken King DLC raid checks your Light Level. I personally don't know what's the minimum level for either modes. I just know the suggested levels for them. You need to be level 40 and above 240 (I think) Light Level for normal mode. I can be wrong on that. Like I said, I don't know the minimum light level for this raid.

What level are you? If you meet the requirements, for normal mode then you're in.

Namikaze1

After searching up and reading several threads on sidearms over at reddit, it seems I already have the perfect sidearm.

Rangefinder + Hot Swap + Quickdraw

ocean

Banned
It's a 6 player endgame activity. Depending on the team setup, you don't even need 6 players for two of the raids.

The game has 3 raids (vanilla version has 1 and the DLCs added two more to the game)

Each raid requires you to be at a minimum level for entry (for the taken king raid, it's based on your light level)

Vault of Glass or VoG as we call it is the original raid. Game suggests you be level 26 for the normal version of the raid. You can go in if you're at least level 22. The Hard Mode version suggests you be 30. You can go in at 26.

Crota's End (the dark below DLC raid) suggests players be 30 and 32 for normal and hard mode respectively. But you can be 4 levels below the suggested levels for entry into the raid.

Only the Taken King DLC raid checks your Light Level. I personally don't know what's the minimum level for either modes. I just know the suggested levels for them. You need to be level 40 and above 240 (I think) Light Level for normal mode. I can be wrong on that. Like I said, I don't know the minimum light level for this raid.

What level are you? If you meet the requirements, for normal mode then you're in.
I believe VoG is designed around a power level equivalent to Level 27-28 and Light in the 140-150 range. CE gets comfortable at around Level 31 and Light in the 160 range.

For King's Fall Normal you really wanna be level 40 and have Light at around 285-295. For Hard I'd suggest being in the 300 Light ballpark assuming the team is competent.

Speaking of Raids: anyone up for Warpriest Challenge (Hard)?

ocean

Banned
Can I join too? How many people can take part in this?

PSN ID: Starfleets

http://destinystatus.com/psn/Starfleets

I checked you out and it seems you're level 11 (42 Light). Welcome to the game! Sadly, Raids are activities designed for players who are slightly higher leveled and better geared. If you happen to like the game and keep playing, you should be ready to run the first 2 raids (Vault of Glass and Crota's End) within a week.

At the stage of the game you're currently in the best thing to do is just keep progressing with the Story missions and quests. You can begin the Taken King quests once you reach level 25, and better quality gear will start raining from enemy drops after that.

So after playing and disliking the BO3 beta, I find myself enjoying the multiplayer now. I need a slight break from Destiny PvP since I just get upset playing it solo.

GlamFM

Banned
Thinking about grinding some strikes for exclusive drops. Does the difficulty matter or can I just play the level 36 ones?

Carbonox

Is there a list of strike-exclusive drops? I'd like to look in to that some point.

I also plan on solo-ing Crota's End at some point to see if I can finally get that Flawless trophy so I have everything, hah.

Lima

How much fucking reputation was needed for rank 1 with the gunsmith? The Internet is failing me.

Trying to do the math if I'm missing a fusion rifle on my Warlock to get him to rank 3 this week.

Nuszka

How much fucking reputation was needed for rank 1 with the gunsmith? The Internet is failing me.

Trying to do the math if I'm missing a fusion rifle on my Warlock to get him to rank 3 this week.

Blumpkins would solve all your befuddles.

Top Bottom