• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Namikaze1

I can count just fine thank you very much. Forgive me for not remembering it correctly since I haven't done anything Gunsmith related since mid to late October.

Lima

And rank 1-2 was how much?

I figured I've done 2 weeks worth of weapon testing giving me 2500 rep. Then I did the quest you get at level 2 which I also don't remember how much XP it gave.

I'm pretty sure that my Hunter hit rank 3 though in two weeks with having all fusion rifles.

I'm 150 rep away on my Warlock right now so I'm thinking I must be missing a fusion rifle.

Is there a list of strike-exclusive drops? I'd like to look in to that some point.

I also plan on solo-ing Crota's End at some point to see if I can finally get that Flawless trophy so I have everything, hah.

There was a list out there, but off the top of my head:

Darkblade - Titan helmet, fusion rifle
Shield Bros - Titan gloves, scout rifle
Omnigul - Warlock bond, pulse rifle
Vaalus - Scout rifle
Psion Players - Hunter cloaks, scout rifle
Undying Mind - Titan mark, hand cannon
Restorative Mind - Warlock gloves, hand cannon
Taniks - Hunter cloak, auto rifle
Fallen Saber - Warlock helmet, machine gun

Lima

Alright figured out why I'm not rank 3 on the Warlock. I have all the fusion rifles but apparently the year 1 welcome back quest line was worth 250 rep so that is how my hunter got that extra rep. Oh well guess I will have to wait until next Wednesday.

Namikaze1

RXHKK1L.gif

v1perz53

Hmm, just learned that you only need to finish 1 lap then wiggle the left stick every 20 sec or so to get SRL rewards. I guess that will make it slightly less mind numbing to gather as many 320 helms and class items as possible for future infusion. And I don't even feel bad doing it, unlike dicking around in a crucible match you aren't really hurting anyone by not participating in SRL.

Hmm, just learned that you only need to finish 1 lap then wiggle the left stick every 20 sec or so to get SRL rewards. I guess that will make it slightly less mind numbing to gather as many 320 helms and class items as possible for future infusion. And I don't even feel bad doing it, unlike dicking around in a crucible match you aren't really hurting anyone by not participating in SRL.

Really? Sp can I run one lap and then rubber band the analog sticks?

Yup, randoms have been this doing this for a while now.

Worst part is that the bottom 3 always get better rewards than top 3, so there is zero incentive to do well or finish first.

I'm rank 6 with close to 400 races and have only got 4 320 helmets and 1 320 class item so far.

ocean

Banned
Merry christmas GAF! And don't forget, we can all kill each other in true christmas spirit soon. Destiny doesn't have to be dad. Join in on the fun!

Info and Registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18A7aVK5YXPdw1uYiSgPmSwkjJ9e-rjDv48aF6eMXq4U/viewform
Fali! Macello! Nooblet! Kyofu! Ray! Benevolent GAFer who I didn't mention!

I'd love to play this. Anyone who's up for making a team let me know! :) I'm 1320 ELO in Skirmish (playlist where I try the hardest), so I'm comfortably average - not great, not incompetent. Let's go boyz someone pick me up for this!

Daemul

Really? Sp can I run one lap and then rubber band the analog sticks?

Yup, randoms have been this doing this for a while now.

I was doing this the moment I reached rank 3. I would sit out the first two laps and then race the final lap and I would get still get rewards.

The chance of getting high light level rewards seems much higher when you finish at the bottom, so I never bothered to put in the effort. Once I got my 320 helmets I bailed.

Anyone doing Warpriest challenge?

I believe VoG is designed around a power level equivalent to Level 27-28 and Light in the 140-150 range. CE gets comfortable at around Level 31 and Light in the 160 range.

For King's Fall Normal you really wanna be level 40 and have Light at around 285-295. For Hard I'd suggest being in the 300 Light ballpark assuming the team is competent.

Speaking of Raids: anyone up for Warpriest Challenge (Hard)?

I'm down for it.

Fali! Macello! Nooblet! Kyofu! Ray! Benevolent GAFer who I didn't mention!

I'd love to play this. Anyone who's up for making a team let me know! :) I'm 1320 ELO in Skirmish (playlist where I try the hardest), so I'm comfortably average - not great, not incompetent. Let's go boyz someone pick me up for this!

If you don't mind playing with me I have an Elo of 1363 in Skirmish. This is great practice for Trials.

ocean

Banned
If you don't mind playing with me I have an Elo of 1363 in Skirmish. This is great practice for Trials.

Chances are very, very high you're a better player than I. But I'd be down to practice a bit beforehand with you! Shoot me a friend request at a_javierp so we can get out groove on playing some Skirmish / Elimination together over the next few days, we'll be in shape for this tourney even if only for fun.

I hope some of the sweatier teams stream their jam. Drizz/Stabie/Twilight vs Wicked/Rubenov/YoungGunners or something would be a fantastic match to view. Off the top of my head I'd say the DGAF community has something like 20-25 players who I'd consider absolutely top-tier, if this thing gets support from everyone it could be super cool.

Chances are very, very high you're a better player than I. But I'd be down to practice a bit beforehand with you! Shoot me a friend request at a_javierp so we can get out groove on playing some Skirmish / Elimination together over the next few days, we'll be in shape for this tourney even if only for fun.

I hope some of the sweatier teams stream their jam. Drizz/Stabie/Twilight vs Wicked/Rubenov/YoungGunners or something would be a fantastic match to view. Off the top of my head I'd say the DGAF community has something like 20-25 players who I'd consider absolutely top-tier, if this thing gets support from everyone it could be super cool.
Ah, if he was only Young Gunners and not that ridiculous mess that his name really is.

Magik

How anyone is able to grind slr without falling asleep is amazing. This mode is so mundane and boring and is not worth a single dollar.

SheHateMe

Anybody around to help a poor Gaffer with the final part of the Chaperone quest? I refuse to resort to MM for that; they'll just steal the kills from me.

How anyone is able to grind slr without falling asleep is amazing. This mode is so mundane and boring and is not worth a single dollar.

You watch a movie/show on the side, listen to podcast, music, etc or hop into party chat with gaffers and bitch about destiny.

Well actually that goes for all content in the game XD

I'm an average player but would like to join a team if someone is forming one.

I don't see how us AU/NZ folks will be able to matchmake with majority of the gaffers who are from US and EU.

We'll just end up killing each other :p

That said, if more ANZ gaffers (Sentinal, Kurt?) want to get into this, we can form a fireteam.

Anybody around to help a poor Gaffer with the final part of the Chaperone quest? I refuse to resort to MM for that; they'll just steal the kills from me.

I can in about 10-15 minutes if that's okay.

Sounds good man.

Slightly off topic, I wonder if LFG has picked up this terminology yet. "Must have flawless emblem, must be 1700 ELO in trials, skirmish and salvage, must have challenge mode ship, must have revanant shader..."
It's a good thing Revenant dropped for me last week :D

the_id

I don't see how us AU/NZ folks will be able to matchmake with majority of the gaffers who are from US and EU.

We'll just end up killing each other :p

That said, if more ANZ gaffers (Sentinal, Kurt?) want to get into this, we can form a fireteam.

Isn't it just one person in the fireteam who should be the fireteam leader that are geographically close to the opponent that could setup the matchmaking? Anyway, if any ANZ gaffers wanna do this, I'd like to participate.

Top Bottom