• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Need a Drizzay carry to get flawless anytime soon I think!

Come and channel your rediscovered Striker love on Oryx with us. :p
* see Glam's post. :D

Sorry everybody, as much as I'd love to do more Trials or get Graves Titan through Oryx CM I'm busting hump to get to the airport soon. Be back next Wednesday and up for all the usual shenanigans. I'll still be in the thread for sure but not playing. Unless I dig up my old Vita...

According to the armory, it can roll dis/str. However, I tried like 12 glass needles on it last night and gave up. Got int/dis with ashes to assets and the orbs give bonus melee energy. Close enough, I guess.

Yeah the armory is super confusing about that, but I've used 20+ needles just to be sure and I've never seen it. Yeah I'm curious how much synergy you can get with those "bonus melee energy" perks when running a max smoke build. I'm just waiting for a less open more before switching back to test more NStalker moves.

Axoman

I got pretty lucky in SRL after hitting rank 3, 3rd race gave me a 320 helmet. Then the 5th race followed that up with a 320 class item.

X-Frame

Dude, you ever bust out the slide-shoulder charge? It's so dirty. I can hopefully post a quick gif real quick.

Yes! Though I had to unlearn basically 6 months worth of only aerial Shoulder Charges because of the Peregrine Greaves I wore for so long, and because aerial helped with skating I rarely ever did it from the ground. But if you're being proactive and sliding around corners instead of running you can pull it off quite frequently if there is an enemy near during your slide.

How about a Slide - Shotgun - Shoulder Charge?! I've done that a couple times. You slide, then shotgun coming out of the slide however your SC is still primed so you can shotgun 1 guy then instantly Shoulder Charge the next guy. Felt like such a badass when that happened.

ch4fx_

NM Oryx CM, anyone? 299 Titan (no bubble).

DISCLAIMER; I'm new, but familiar with the fight & the 16 orb strategy.

Hope everyone is doing well. Havent played in over a month, finally tackling my backlog, but I hope to come back at some point.

With the time off, Destiny has lost a bit of its lustre and the lack of a major content update is doing little to persuade me to come back, but I do miss the community and I still need to finish Oryx on HM.

Horohoro

Anybody go through trials with me? Looking to clean up the bounties and ill help anybody that needs theirs too?

PSN TechMemphis

SheHateMe

Well, this is going to be an interesting Saturday, as I have chores to do, but they are waiting chores.

So, I'm trying to get this HM Oryx CM done. I'll probably start in about an hour or so. Anyone want to join me on PSN?

1. Instant__Vintage

Daemul

According to the armory, it can roll dis/str. However, I tried like 12 glass needles on it last night and gave up. Got int/dis with ashes to assets and the orbs give bonus melee energy. Close enough, I guess.

Yeah the armory is super confusing about that, but I've used 20+ needles just to be sure and I've never seen it. Yeah I'm curious how much synergy you can get with those "bonus melee energy" perks when running a max smoke build. I'm just waiting for a less open more before switching back to test more NStalker moves.

Graviton can't roll dis/str. The way it works is that most pieces of exotic armour have a default stat that will always be on it, you can usually figure out what this stat is by looking at the value ranges of each stat and finding the largest one, which for Graviton is Intellect. I'll highlight it below;
Graviton.png

As you can see Intellect ranges from 35-95 whilst Disciple and Strength range from 35-60, meaning that you can either have a Graviton Forfeit drop with all Intellect or with Intellect + Discipline/Strength, but never with Discipline + Strength. Here's another example using Don't Touch Me's;

On these gauntlets the Strength stat has the largest value range from 31-84 whilst Intellect and Discipline range from 31-53, meaning that you can either have Don't Touch Me's drop with all Strength or with Strength + Intellect/Discipline, but never with Intellect + Discipline. Trying to roll Don't Touch Me's with Int/Dis was actually how I learnt about the meanings of the stat values, I wasted so many strange coins trying to get it, so I'm passing this knowledge to others so that they don't make the same mistake.

deafmedal

Well, this is going to be an interesting Saturday, as I have chores to do, but they are waiting chores.

So, I'm trying to get this HM Oryx CM done. I'll probably start in about an hour or so. Anyone want to join me on PSN?

1. Instant__Vintage
2. deafmedal
I'd be up for giving it a whirl!

ocean

Banned

1. Instant__Vintage
Still looking? I'm a_javierp on PSN

shenze

Banned

1. Instant__Vintage
I'll go, got another with me

shenze
optimus8936

Hope everyone is doing well. Havent played in over a month, finally tackling my backlog, but I hope to come back at some point.

With the time off, Destiny has lost a bit of its lustre and the lack of a major content update is doing little to persuade me to come back, but I do miss the community and I still need to finish Oryx on HM.

Yo! HIghtone is your buddy right? As in I met him through you? Because I ran into him a couple weeks ago in Trials and sent him a message after the game.

He was looking for a run this afternoon so I grabbed Wicked and we steamrolled a card, fun stuff. Iirc I'd join you guys for Crota kills when that was a thing. Anyway, hope all is well!

Hey GrindGAF. I've been playing this game for about a week now and I've already hit level 40 and have ~256 light. I've been lurking the thread but have no idea what most people are talking about. Any tips and tricks? What should I be shooting for at this point? What is the current THING TO DO right now?
Also add me on PSN: Pinko Marx just say that you're from GAF first.

Just had the WORST KF HM run EVER.

- glitchy
- no drops on Warpriest or Golg
- totally uncoordinated and unfocused team

at least I got a 320 Ghost. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We were cursed it seems. :D

I have the sisters CP, will to finish (including Oryx CM) in about an hour or two.

Gammacide

Anyone want to help me complete Outbound Signal in a timely fashion for the Chaperone quest line? Already did Fears Embraee thankfully. PSN is V1ctIm.

GlamFM

Banned
Hey GrindGAF. I've been playing this game for about a week now and I've already hit level 40 and have ~256 light. I've been lurking the thread but have no idea what most people are talking about. Any tips and tricks? What should I be shooting for at this point? What is the current THING TO DO right now?

I suggest Court of Oryx until you reach 280 to get ready for a newbie raid. Check the OP for info on that.

Continue to grind out strikes. Do the nightfall once you're high enough level to do it. SRL(Bottom Left Option in the director/planet screen) is going on until the 28th. Once you hit rank you have a chance to get a legendary helmet or class item at the rewards screen (rank 2 = 300-310, rank 3 = 311-320).

Sorry everybody, as much as I'd love to do more Trials or get Graves Titan through Oryx CM I'm busting hump to get to the airport soon. Be back next Wednesday and up for all the usual shenanigans. I'll still be in the thread for sure but not playing. Unless I dig up my old Vita...

Ok thanks, I don't want to bang my head against the wall wasting more glass needles, I figure the roll I got was the best possible for pvp, because all other possible perks are "against minions of the darkness" or shield/health recharge on orb pickup.

Tier 5 discipline and strength on my Warlock. 0 Intellect. Perfection.
Get super, switch to tlaloc, burn the world.

Much thanks to biggy and bigmanny for the 7 wins in trials. Finally got a Doctrine of Passing, really enjoy that archetype for ARs and it seems to melt people even with the limited AR buff.

Yo! HIghtone is your buddy right? As in I met him through you? Because I ran into him a couple weeks ago in Trials and sent him a message after the game.

He was looking for a run this afternoon so I grabbed Wicked and we steamrolled a card, fun stuff. Iirc I'd join you guys for Crota kills when that was a thing. Anyway, hope all is well!

Cool, ya Hightone is one of my Raid regulars. I remember doing a Crota kill or two with you. Good times. I've tried to get him and the others to sign up on GAF, but they dont seem too interested.

Hope things are well with you, maybe some day we can Raid again too.

Top Bottom