• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I'm not very good at PvP (generally negative kd) but for fun trolling I went into the daily (skirmish) in sparrow gear and with Thorn.

Everyone must be doing Trials because for 2 games I was awesome! :) I got a kd over 2 and felt like i was popping kills all over the place.

I was even duelling cross map with a sniper...got enough shots on him to stack the DoT and then just hid while he burnt to death... Felt so wrong and so right at the same time. :)

I'm sure normal service will resume shortly...

Thorn DoT too OP. I still love that gun. It will make a return one day, for better or for worse.

tick221

HUGE thanks to the persistent group that I played with tonight, took a while but everyone stayed calm and eventually Oryx went down

Thanks to Johnny, Nothus, Optimus, shenze, and SunComet!!!!

Sorry everybody, as much as I'd love to do more Trials or get Graves Titan through Oryx CM I'm busting hump to get to the airport soon. Be back next Wednesday and up for all the usual shenanigans. I'll still be in the thread for sure but not playing. Unless I dig up my old Vita...

Ooh mini-vacation? Have a nice time Drizzay!

Wednesday huh, guess that means you won't be here for reset?

HUGE thanks to the persistent group that I played with tonight, took a while but everyone stayed calm and eventually Oryx went down

Thanks to Johnny, Nothus, Optimus, shenze, and SunComet!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

X4bNw5Q.gif

I1QlwV0.gif

THIS GAME

THIS FUCKING GAME.

OMFG... THIS WAS AMAZING. THANK YOU ALL!

Such an amazing experience. *bow*

To Oryx and to thousand little deaths we endured...

A message, from the bottom of my heart:

giphy.gif

SonComet

Thanks for the Oryx CM guys. I apologize if I wasn't able to mute all of my coughing fits. Sick as a dog over here, but very happy to have that done. It would have been smooth running had it not been for some terrible glitches.

shenze

Banned
Thank you from me and Optimus for that CM, it got a little rough at times but we pulled through and i thank you guys for that.

v1perz53

Woo got my first character over 300 today, hit 301 due to a lucky break. Was at 299, and thought I needed 301 or more to get 310 exotics so I was trying to wait, but I got impatient and decided to use a primary exotic engram, figured I could always infuse it later. Turned out to be a 310 No Land Beyond, which pushed me to 301. Good day overall, got a 296 Ghost Shell from Court of Oryx, nice to finally upgrade my Ghost. Was my first piece at 280 and my last piece to 295+.

Also does anyone know how the "smart loot" for exotic engrams works? (At this point it seems like the answer is "not at all"). Do I need to have the item on my character, in my vault, or just discovered in general to count? Because 4/6 of my special exotic engrams have been Plan C over the past 3 weeks, which is getting annoying since that and 4th horseman are the only Y2 specials I have discovered at all.

Woo got my first character over 300 today, hit 301 due to a lucky break. Was at 299, and thought I needed 301 or more to get 310 exotics so I was trying to wait, but I got impatient and decided to use a primary exotic engram, figured I could always infuse it later. Turned out to be a 310 No Land Beyond, which pushed me to 301. Good day overall, got a 296 Ghost Shell from Court of Oryx, nice to finally upgrade my Ghost. Was my first piece at 280 and my last piece to 295+.

Also does anyone know how the "smart loot" for exotic engrams works? (At this point it seems like the answer is "not at all"). Do I need to have the item on my character, in my vault, or just discovered in general to count? Because 4/6 of my special exotic engrams have been Plan C over the past 3 weeks, which is getting annoying since that and 4th horseman are the only Y2 specials I have discovered at all.

Smart loot is unfortunately not a thing at all. Its very common to get 5 invectives or whatever in a row.

I guess I'll just leave them at the postmaster. They're all going to disappear after Dec 29 anyway right?

Wouldn't count on it, might just turn into something that you have delete manually, like the rotten candy.

I've been lurking since OT 1.

Congrats on OT 38. ;-)

Yeah haven't seen you post very much, don't by shy :p

it was probably the debate lol

Must be, SW was out 3 days ago and nothing happened to gaf.

Gammacide

Also. Another 2 hour session and oryx still lives. Im losing hope gaf
I'm sorry man. That was me the other day after we tried for 4 hours. Keep faith. The group of random Gaffers I did it with after that got it done in like 35 min or so.

I still need it on my warlock if we can get a group together maybe later tonight or early in the am.

Finally got my first 320 helmet from SRL.

I got 3/3 primary weapons from CM Oryx this week so this helps.

Now to get 2 more! I have two 317 ones as back ups for my other characters if I can't get any other 320 ones to drop. Better than nothing.

Would love some 320 class items too!

deafmedal

Bit of a long shot, but anyone wanna raid? Didn't get around to doing the CM last week and looks to be more of the same this week, but would love to give it a whirl!

todd360

Anyone want to do a trials ticket? Its so slow in here I almost don't want to ask.

Edit: welp I'm tired of waiting already. I'm very impatient this week.

Pics_nao

I can finally get primary weapon engrams now that I finally got my Hard Light but now I can't get chest engrams when I want a Twilight Garrison? How do I beat the desire sensor? I can't keep living like this ;-;

Top Bottom