• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Uummm krafty can lol

He beats people not working together. Lots of people including myself can pull off 1v3s but only because the other team chokes. They don't guard the orbs, or they push one at a time, etc. You can win a few rounds 1v3 like that but you aren't gonna sniff Mercury. Everybody including Krafty needs help from their team to go flawless. The games he loses or even goes negative are when his two teammates go waaay negative/eat doughnuts.

Never push through choke points vs a sniper when you have numbers advantage, don't give up an easy pick. If you have positioning then collapse together and throw your supple bodies against him simultaneously. Spam grenades for additional chip damage. He can't kill three people who are actively shooting him.

edit: Trials Tips on Top

edit2: what bad Trials teamwork looks like:

4SQa0p3.jpg

what good Trials teamwork looks like:

Dez_

Can't say that I'm a fan of some of these matches being so sniper heavy. Despite all the auto aim and supposed ease of use, I cannot use the sniper effectively at all.

the_id

We are in the 301 already? And I thought Destiny was DED.

Anyway, anyone got a spot for Iron Banner? I'd love to play with you guys.

Tips for beating Krafty in Trials:

1. Don't peak
2. Repeat until you win
3. Bow at the End when you think it's over then get killed mid-bow while your teammates kill the last guy who was still alive

ftfy

We are in the 301 already? And I thought Destiny was DED.

Anyway, anyone got a spot for Iron Banner? I'd love to play with you guys.

Gotta admit I'm pretty surprised by how quickly this OT has moved so far. Not really sure what the explanation is considering there hasn't been much exciting news.
I guess Nami is back Kappa

the_id

ftfy

Gotta admit I'm pretty surprised by how quickly this OT has moved so far. Not really sure what the explanation is considering there hasn't been much exciting news.
I guess Nami is back Kappa
Pretty much its Nami. I think the carries from last week brought most of us back together and now Iron Banner is on and My friend's list in the game is full up to page 4 with Iron Banner.

I see a few who wants to do IB. Want to start another train?

1. the_id

NastyBook

Pretty much its Nami. I think the carries from last week brought most of us back together and now Iron Banner is on and My friend's list in the game is full up to page 4 with Iron Banner.

1. the_id
2.GibbShift
I'll hop on for a few.

Trials is essentially an FPS Rogue-like. I've always appreciated them for this reason:

Rogue-likes are all about learning from mistakes as rapidly as possible, usually by dying from them.

*By putting too much lag between actual error and signs of failure, you can wind up reinforcing bad habits or chasing red herrings.*​

Dez_

1. the_id
Got a spot open?
Edit: looks like you're full. Next time then.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good challenge mode runs everyone. $%$%#^$# Refuses to give me special. I have enough 320 heavies to make a 99999999999999999 horn.

Will be up for late night IB later on.

Kal_El

Very nice match I had in IB; yes I camped some but mainly trying out my new paleocontact; great roll. persistence & glass half full; small bore or hand laid stock. I've been getting better with my snipes. I seem to die more during bladedancer than 1 v 1 gun battles. Ended up 31-8. Still having a lot of fun playing. All characters at 5 and now playing for fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY7WJQhcv88

Exodus Blue was the best. May it RIP for another 2+ months :(

Kinda surprisingly but krafty doesn't like EB very much. He said it had too much crates/clutter. What would be the next best trials map after Exodus? Maybe Firebase Delphi? Never played it but drizz had positive impressions of it a while back.

Also Memento and Blind Watch should have no business in trials ever again. Most unbalanced spawns ever.

Kinda surprisingly but krafty doesn't like EB very much. He said it had too much crates/clutter. What would be the next best trials map after Exodus? Maybe Firebase Delphi? Never played it but drizz had positive impressions of it a while back.

My experience pales next to y'all's but Burning Shrine?

My experience pales next to y'all's but Burning Shrine?

Burning shrine is pretty legit. It would fight against EB for #1 if it weren't for the sun effect. The map itself is great but the bloom effect has made the map stale where outside spawn just camps there because they have the sun advantage and inside spawn wont push because its stupid to push in a disavantadge.

Also Memento and Blind Watch should have no business in trials ever again. Most unbalanced spawns ever.

Firebase Delphi sucks imo. Burning Shrine and Widow's Court are both excellent though far less so with the current sniper meta. Cauldron is also underrated.

Frenden

Banned
nerf all snipers

they're garbage
Snipers pale compared to the snipers of yore, stat wise. Her Benevolence god rolls make 1KYS look like 1KYShit.

The problem is that primaries have been so thoroughly nerfed there's nothing keeping snipers honest.

Buff primaries. Leave snipers where they are.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
OK, what goals do I need to achieve once I'm back

I'm gonna be hella fucking rusty, haven't held a controller for 13 months...

I need to see Mercury myself (Trials)
Gain the system (need tips), remember me doing ungodly amount of bounties and daily public events
(I seriously want all essentoal vendors to at least Rank 100 on all 3 chars. DO, NM, FWC, Vanguard. 25+ on all the others)

I have enough quests Drizzay left for me that I need to finish off
King's Fall HM beginning to end
Then I can rant

Top Bottom