• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Started a Warlock after a brief Destiny hiatus. PVE wise, which subclass do I need to focus on?

Sunsinger is best for any "serious" PvE. Stormcaller would be 2nd, and Voidwalker is mainly for PvP.

I just realized the same weapon can have different core stats. As in my W March (282 if that matters) sniper has a higher range star than Saladin's. How many variables are there to consider? I thought it was just perks.

My 310 RDM (Hunter boots) has better starts than my 295 one (referring to Disc/Str/Int stars).

The scopes/barrels on weapons can affect the stats you see when comparing them, but the base stats themselves are always the same on the same weapon.

Salad Bar must have a different scope than the one you're comparing.

Rehsa

Well I guess to end on a somewhat high note after being the caboose on the train I decided to turn in motes at DO since I was close to rank up and got Revanent, yay

Thanks for the replies, working on Sunsinger at the moment.
ill need self res

No bigger relief then someone dying in a Hard Mode Raid but then using self-res.

Sometimes people hate on self-res as a "crutch" but don't listen to them. It's the strength of the subclass, like Defenders popping bubbles. It's one of the most useful PvE abilities, period. Nobody is too pro for self-res and intentional/tactical deaths have lots of uses. Not to mention the value for new content when you're under-leveled. It's a great ability.

Sometimes people hate on self-res as a "crutch" but don't listen to them. It's the strength of the subclass, like Defenders popping bubbles. It's one of the most useful PvE abilities, period. Nobody is too pro for self-res and intentional/tactical deaths have lots of uses. Not to mention the value for new content when you're under-leveled. It's a great ability.

Pretty much the only reason I made one.

That and so I can get 3x 293 ghosts from the NF per week.

Literally sniped through a wall. Bungie if a player has a ping of a million constantly maybe consider not letting them play trials, also if you are making systems to address lag how about putting them in the most competitive playlist ffs. I'll upload a clip tomorrow or something.

Literally sniped through a wall. Bungie if a player has a ping of a million constantly maybe consider not letting them play trials, also if you are making systems to address lag how about putting them in the most competitive playlist ffs. I'll upload a clip tomorrow or something.

The best part is elemental weapons have those colored bullet trails so it's really obvious when the purple 1k YS shots are flying right through the walls.

The one thing I miss from the Thorn meta is watching those giant green darts flying through walls during laggy matches. At least it gave me something to laugh about while raging.

The best part is elemental weapons have those colored bullet trails so it's really obvious when the purple 1k YS shots are flying right through the walls.

The one thing I miss from the Thorn meta is watching those giant green darts flying through walls during laggy matches. At least it gave me something to laugh about while raging.

Yeah I'll give Thorn props for having fun looking projectiles lol. Looking at them close when they are stuck in a wall you can see that they fit the name of the gun well.

Trakan

Snipers pale compared to the snipers of yore, stat wise. Her Benevolence god rolls make 1KYS look like 1KYShit.

The problem is that primaries have been so thoroughly nerfed there's nothing keeping snipers honest.

Buff primaries. Leave snipers where they are.

That's a small part of the problem, but leaving snipers where they are isn't a good idea. The sniping problems weren't as bad then as they are now, even when you could have a perfectly rolled HB. If the AA was so strong back then there's no way I would have continued to put so much time into PVP in this game. Whatever changed needs to go back to HoW era sniping.

WipedOut

That's a small part of the problem, but leaving snipers where they are isn't a good idea. The sniping problems weren't as bad as they are now, even when you could have a perfectly rolled HB. If the AA was so strong back then there's no way I would have continued to put so much time into PVP in this game. Whatever changed needs to go back to HoW era sniping.
Only thing that has changed is that they cut the balls off shotguns. Since people can't rush as much anymore they'll just sit back and snipe.

Tri4

The rushing meta was so, so much better than the camping meta. I had a game in black shield where I was afk for a few minutes at the start of the match. When I came back everyone was still at the spawn sniping through the door and the other team was doing the same. When anyone died they'd just respawn and head back to where they were and resume hard scoping.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I never realized so many wrestlers played Destiny. Half of the WWE people play it and they are pretty hardcore doing dailies everyday, etc.

Deku Tree

That isn't the case. Range and accuracy are now tied together post 2.0 which has increased sniper AA without increasing the AA stat persay.
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3nu380/bungie_designer_jon_weisnewski_explains_accuracy/

We should expect more frequent balance updates moving forward. *"Internally at the studio that's something the sandbox team is committed to. Being more regular with our updates."

So yeah... Lol... What happened to that?

Ape and me are gonna play some trials on bannerfail, who is our third. Note: we are not doing carries haha. Aiming for mercury i think and ape already dislikes the map

I'll play Trials but only if you carry me
fIDIvxlvMJVN4l535RG5PwNPb25lT6vqiOc6QjhmO9_wxg75F7hkP6l3GWe-95_sN1dMrK9t7Lo=s128-h128-e365

You are the King of Hot and Cold. Also, the "bad teamwork" screenshot was the most extreme example I could find where we outslayed them by 15 kills but still managed to scrub it up and lose. 40 kills and lost is pretty bad teamwork, lol.

Of course I didn't want to put you on blast like that (even though it was mainly ZW, who is dead now) so I had to find something from Good Vaal :)

Well I appreciate it <3, too bad I'm just cold now lol

Top Bottom