• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Snipers pale compared to the snipers of yore, stat wise. Her Benevolence god rolls make 1KYS look like 1KYShit.

The problem is that primaries have been so thoroughly nerfed there's nothing keeping snipers honest.

Buff primaries. Leave snipers where they are.

or add a year 2 thorn

then I'll leave sniper rifles alone 4ever

OK, what goals do I need to achieve once I'm back

I'm gonna be hella fucking rusty, haven't held a controller for 13 months...

I need to see Mercury myself (Trials)
Gain the system (need tips), remember me doing ungodly amount of bounties and daily public events
(I seriously want all essentoal vendors to at least Rank 100 on all 3 chars. DO, NM, FWC, Vanguard. 25+ on all the others)

I have enough quests Drizzay left for me that I need to finish off
King's Fall HM beginning to end
Then I can rant

Exotic class items
Exotic sword x 3
50 fragments on rest of the two classes
Chaperone quest
NTTE quest
Sleeper Stimulant quest

You'll have plenty to do... :)

Snipers pale compared to the snipers of yore, stat wise. Her Benevolence god rolls make 1KYS look like 1KYShit.

The problem is that primaries have been so thoroughly nerfed there's nothing keeping snipers honest.

Buff primaries. Leave snipers where they are.

No, nerf snipers regardless. Stats don't tell the entire story. Snipers are worse now because of other changes made in 2.0, mainly the way range and accuracy are now tied together. This is why snipers with Rifled Barrel and high range stats are so good and handcannons still have phantom bullets. Add this to the high AA we've had since launch and you get the hellscape we are currently in. Before these changes with 2.0 it wasn't like we were that much better equipped to deal with snipers. Sure Hawkmoon and Thorn had the range, but even then a steady hand could let you squeeze off shots between getting hit. Even before the most recent pulse nerf when they were fantastic snipers still were able to fare well thanks to the 2.0 changes. I've seen too many occasions where I've hit an opponent 3+ times and they've been able to snipe me in the face. The weakness of my primary isn't the problem though, the ease of sniping and the ridiculous AA and bullet magnetism are why snipers are so annoying.

There is little reason to feel trepidation when thinking about a sniper nerf, because if nerfed correctly it won't change its effectiveness, it will just prevent the ridiculous crap that has ruined the crucible.

the_id

Playing with GAF is so Sweaty...you guys must have an average ELO of 1500+++
raw

This is a rough map for Mercury. Just constant hard scoping. I'm not a Trials pro but I'd be down to help when the map is better. I just need to find a strong 2nd to help.

I'd really appreciate it. I'm serviceable myself but I can't get past 5-6 wins on my own usually. Would love to team up with you.

Kinda surprisingly but krafty doesn't like EB very much. He said it had too much crates/clutter. What would be the next best trials map after Exodus? Maybe Firebase Delphi? Never played it but drizz had positive impressions of it a while back.

Also Memento and Blind Watch should have no business in trials ever again. Most unbalanced spawns ever.

Firebase Delphi sucks imo. Burning Shrine and Widow's Court are both excellent though far less so with the current sniper meta. Cauldron is also underrated.

All these Rift maps should never ever be a Trials map, to add to those mentioned above, Frontier

Ghazi

Is there a way to assign shade step to circle instead of clicking R3? I'm using puppeteer.

If you're on PS4, you could always try to see if you can have R3 mapped to the right stick and circle. I use Puppeteer too and that's what I would do, although I haven't tinkered with the button assignment options to test if this is possible.

I know exotic engrams can decrypt into something for a different class then what you decrypt it on but does anyone know if it is truly random or is there a little bit of weight towards whichever class you decrypt with?

Frenden

Banned
Thanks to Colonel, I got to hang out with Urk and the Bungie gang. Went on a tear for a bit, too. The Doctrine represented GAF well, haha.
I hope they don't nerf it. :p

CcM5PVRUUAAneiu.jpg

CcM5S90UAAEnC5k.jpg

CcM5V6lUYAAxNhv.jpg

CcM5avyUMAAKDnA.jpg

Those Bungie folks're alright. Thanks, Colonel!

Rehsa

Thanks to Colonel, I got to hang out with Urk and the Bungie gang. Went on a tear for a bit, too. The Doctrine represented GAF well, haha.

Damn they may nerf you lol, good stuff sounds like fun

Frenden

Frenden please

The Thorn needs you to stop sniper rifles

ok I'll do it myself

Get me into Urks circle. I will then socially engineer myself into their inner circle. This game will have more DoT weapons than you can imagine.

Kinda surprisingly but krafty doesn't like EB very much. He said it had too much crates/clutter. What would be the next best trials map after Exodus? Maybe Firebase Delphi? Never played it but drizz had positive impressions of it a while back.

Also Memento and Blind Watch should have no business in trials ever again. Most unbalanced spawns ever.

I can make a more in-depth list sometime, but the best maps imo are Exodus and BShrine. Unfortunately BShrine has been run into the dirt and the "camp inside for cap point, camp outside for sun" meta is too entrenched. I'll be fine if they retire it for a few months. Krafty likes Anomaly best which I was luke-warm on at the time but it's grown on me in hindsight. There are a lot of options for how to play that map, kinda like Pantheon.

Firebase was not bad, although people got stuck in the horsehoe too often. The actual strong position was around the mid room with the elevated cap point but too often people just rushed horseshoe and it became a toss-up like rushing inside on Exodus. Also the heavy ammo spawns were too imbalanced.

Memento, BWatch and Thieve's Den are hopefully gone for good.

Drizzay with the shoutouts to me. That had to be from Year 1?

I'm just bad and good.

You are the King of Hot and Cold. Also, the "bad teamwork" screenshot was the most extreme example I could find where we outslayed them by 15 kills but still managed to scrub it up and lose. 40 kills and lost is pretty bad teamwork, lol.

Of course I didn't want to put you on blast like that (even though it was mainly ZW, who is dead now) so I had to find something from Good Vaal :)

Well I now have all the dead orbit shaders and ships. Now on to New Monarchy for my final exotic cloak. Only 22 ranks to go. Hopefully I'll get the space ferrari along the way.

the_id

Frenden, did you tell Urk we agree on the need to buff Sunsingers?

We had a crazy Drunk train tonight the highlight of it was a gril popping in our chat. The guys giggled so hard when they Heard a random gril asking about the Division

WipedOut

CcM5PVRUUAAneiu.jpg

CcM5S90UAAEnC5k.jpg

CcM5V6lUYAAxNhv.jpg

CcM5avyUMAAKDnA.jpg

Lucky sob. Did phenom stay in character?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Half of the time you get matched up with teleporting people. I hate it when I'm about to get a kill and then someone goes wesker on me.

IB Spot.

Top Bottom