• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think I came at the wrong time into Destiny
No fun at all, no ones fault, just its dead mostly on my friends list

Crazy!

CoO I got to have fun for a few matches due to running and helping, using my own runes, but holy fuck this game is spreadsheet oriented now

The lag from Crucible, just, I can't, I'm trying to be happy not frustrated, I might have to hold off until update/patch
What the hell did they do to my Destiny.

E92 M3

I think I came at the wrong time into Destiny
No fun at all, no ones fault, just its dead mostly on my friends list

Crazy!

CoO I got to have fun for a few matches due to running and helping, using my own runes, but holy fuck this game is spreadsheet oriented now

The lag from Crucible, just, I can't, I'm trying to be happy not frustrated, I might have to hold off until update/patch
What the hell did they do to my Destiny.

Try picking up the Division you might like it. Destiny is a bit sad right now =/

Driz, how come you never stream? I just realized lol

haha I've tried to stream like twice but my upload is terrible, maybe 3 mb/s. I streamed briefly during the Exodus Blue Doctrine Train before it crashed and gave me an error message that basically said "Broadcasting suspended because your internet sucks."

I'd like to stream more if I had the upload for it, maybe some day. It's always fun to have a DGAF Twitch chat for people to chill.

Can I be included in the year 2 Virgin carry as well? Been practicing but I need to be with a good team. Closest I've been was with merhman and maomao.

Yeah for sure, anyone is welcome. I'll definitely give it my best. Realistically I need at least one teammate to go positive or else we're gonna lose, especially towards the end of the card against the sweaty pro teams. If both teammates are going negative then I'll get shit on too, 9 times out of 10.

I can pull off a few games like this one tonight, but unless we get lucky matching scrubby teams then Mercury isn't going to happen Year 2. On this run, we failed Mercury because we lost to one really good team and scrubbed up another game 5-4 to an average team. So basically fell one round short of flawless. That's pretty common in Y2 unless you're playing with 3 very strong players.
Scrubcello
WqrmlQt.jpg

Like I said, I always try super hard when helping people but have to be realistic about my limitations and the challenge of Y2 Trials. Even if we don't make it, hopefully people at least learn a little bit.

Hey i can do this too Kappa

Then drizz > twilight and me > drizz therefore me > twilght :O

Ayyy not even in ten thousand years

lol yeah I remember that game against some laggy Brazilians :p Had 4 assists and two From the Brink medals, some matches you can go negative while still playing decent. It's not all about the k/d although that's the best, simplest stat to use.

I wish Destiny had K+A/D or total damage stats, like Halo. Gives a better impression of team contribution than just who got the kills. If someone is pulling aggro they might die while teammates shoot the enemy in the back for easy kills, etc. All about the teamwork, which is really hard to quantify in stats.

I need to turn off my PS4. Just got two rando's sending me friend requests and messages about doing Trials. Please no......

lol yeah I remember that game against some laggy Brazilians :p Had 4 assists and two From the Brink medals, some matches you can go negative while still playing decent. It's not all about the k/d although that's the best, simplest stat to use.

I wish Destiny had K+A/D or total damage stats, like Halo. Gives a better impression of team contribution than just who got the kills. If someone is pulling aggro they might die while teammates shoot the enemy in the back for easy kills, etc. All about the teamwork, which is really hard to quantify in stats.

I need to turn off my PS4. Just got two rando's sending me friend requests and messages about doing Trials. Please no......

Yeah we had teamwork that game, we won handily. I just stole all your kills :p

Also i got confused and said the wrong time. I said 8 pm your time but its the opposite. 4 pm your time (6 for me).

Yeah we had teamwork that game, we won handily. I just stole all your kills :p

Also i got confused and said the wrong time. I said 8 pm your time but its the opposite. 4 pm your time (6 for me).

how dare you, kill-stealer! geneWut

Sounds good dawg. Afaik that timing should work well. We can either run a card with Ape or whoever's around, or try to help some newbies. This map is not very newbie friendly because it's so cramped but maybe we'll just tell them to bring a Sunsinger.....

edit: FFFuuuu make that 3 rando invites, please noooo....

edit2: we had a lot of good games on that run w/ Wiped. Then Wiped went HAM in that last game to seal the deal.
I can't believe you didn't remember going flawless ;_;

Dez_

Got Atheon's Epilogue from my VoG run today. Been giving it a try in the crucible and damn this gun is fun to use. Bullet hose auto rifle... I guess this is a year 1 version of the Doctrine. I need to get myself one of those!

QuickDraw is sl amazingly good

The speed of BD is one of my favorite things ever in an FPS. It's funny because NStalker and Sunsinger are stronger subclasses but just not as fun. Especially Warlocks who are the meta now but so boring to play imo.

Honestly I should start doing carries on Sunsinger aka Cheeselock because it's so strong. Firebolts are super lame but "use the meta or lose to the meta" as the say. Especially on a cramped map like Asylum. It's more important to help people win... maybe tomorrow I'll switch it up.

edit: Phantom Hype

giphy.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Drizzay you got PM...

I might go timeshare some games

Thinking of grabbing The Order 1886, Batman and Plants vs Zombies 2

Des"No Fun Allowed"tiny

Really the TTK is fucking horrible, Jesus fuck
This NF starts of with a Warsat and these enemies are spongey of the spongiest
I died 5 times to a dreg grenade, gave up
How can I be 319 and still get rekt with a goddamn arc grenade with no arc modifier

And that's the problem; a lot of folk at Bungie don't understand their own game when making changes. It's like a bunch of Deejs developing Destiny haha.

343 did very right by hiring pros for balancing purposes (best Halo sandbox yet).

None of the former Halo pros at 343i are in multiplayer design positions. The "pro team" is basically just their multiplayer test crew. Like most testers they just give feedback, same as you or I.

The weird latching-on-to of one game designer's crucible stats as the reason for all your rage is completely misguided. There's a couple dozen people at least who work on pvp at Bungie, it's a team effort. One guy not being as good as you might like at the Crucible is not some smoking gun.

Besides, there's several Bungie PVP devs who have been on bounties and streams before who are top 1% DTR k/d/a and win/loss ratio PVP players. Of course those little tidbits doesn't fit into Boguester's simplistic scapegoating narrative, so...

None of the former Halo pros at 343i are in key multiplayer design positions. The "pro team" is basically just their multiplayer test crew. Like most testers they just give feedback, same as you or I.

The weird latching-on-to of one game designer's crucible stats as the reason for all your rage is completely misguided. There's a couple dozen people at least who work on pvp at Bungie, it's a team effort. One guy not being as good as you might like at the Crucible is not some smoking gun.

Besides, there's several Bungie PVP devs who have been on bounties and streams before who are top 1% DTR k/d/a and win/loss ratio PVP players. Of course those little tidbits doesn't fit into Boguester's simplistic scapegoating narrative, so...

They clearly don't test the game at a high level when they inflict there six-monthly rebalancing on us. Everything is that is a problem (or perceived one) one is just nerfed into the ground and something else comes up. Look at Greg from the office and apparently wrecking everyone with Fusion rifles, the end result is they're next to useless, same with Hawkmoon.

Even if they do have decent players, they take too long to rectify any problems, hence the maximum salt levels right now

Edit this is also the team that were surprised at how good OG Sunbreakers were

None of the former Halo pros at 343i are in key multiplayer design positions. The "pro team" is basically just their multiplayer test crew. Like most testers they just give feedback, same as you or I.

One part at a time:

1. "The weird latching-on-to of one game designer's crucible stats as the reason for all your rage is completely misguided."

-There is no rage, let alone "all my rage." It's a discussion about the game and sometimes I post jokingly about salt etc. I'm not taking anything remotely that seriously. I realize that people who don't know me might take these posts more seriously than they're intended, which is honestly why I don't post like that much anymore.

-I mentioned multiple times that his stats aren't important. His lack of playtime is important.

2. "There's a couple dozen people at least who work on pvp at Bungie, it's a team effort"

-Of course there are many people, but they work on different aspects. The one very specific aspect of PvP I'm criticizing is the introduction of win-based MM to Year 2 Trials. According to interviews and Twitter posts he is in charge of Trials including the MM change. He picks the map every week. To quote him directly from the Playboy interview:
    I was the PvP lead for ‘House of Wolves,’ and so Trials of Osiris is kind of my baby.
  3. "One guy not being as good as you might like at the Crucible is not some smoking gun."

-Once again, his skill-based stats are not important. The only important stat is 28 games played across 3 weeks of Y2 Trials. It's not possible to evaluate the change to win-based MM if you don't win enough games to see how those MM changes work in "the real world." It's not possible to evaluate this change with in-house testers, it has to use the general population MM.

4. "Besides, there's several Bungie PVP devs who have been on bounties and streams before who are top 1% DTR k/d/a and win/loss ratio PVP players."

-The complete focus for this issue is the Y2 Trials MM change. The skill level of other devs is not relevant. The skill level of Derek Carroll is not relevant. The playtime of the person in charge of the one specific issue I'm discussing is important. If you have information about other devs, who play a lot of Trials with public MM, actually being in charge of this decision then I would genuinely appreciate learning about it. I don't mean that in a remotely snarky way, I'm honestly very curious to learn more if there is more to learn.

5. "Of course those little tidbits doesn't fit into Boguester's simplistic scapegoating narrative"

-Those tidbits don't fit because they aren't relevant. The DTR or K/D of any given Bungie dev is not relevant. It's not about scapegoating any one person, but it is about accountability. If he's not actually accountable for the change, then I sincerely apologize.

-He is credited as the Trials "Design Lead" so that's what I'm basing the opinion on. Maybe there are other factors that haven't been discussed publicly but all we have to go on is what they've told us in Twitch streams, interviews or Twitter.

Please understand that I absolutely love this game and I'm very passionate about it. Sometimes I want to post more casually instead of always watching what I say as a supposed "community representative." Unfortunately every time I post off-the-cuff then misunderstandings like this happen. For better and worse I need to focus on just doing what I can to help the community here and leave the salty jokes for party chats with friends.

Auctopus

Anyone up for some Trials later just to get to 5? Been grinding weekly playlist with my Hunter all morning so fancy a change of pace.

I can't believe you didn't remember going flawless ;_;

My "general memory" sucks, like i suck at names so thats why i asked that haha. But i remember every match of that card, like what actually happened and the plays etc. You just had to trigger my memory to link that to wiped, and say "he's the striker that went ham and had two of greatest smashes ever at the last match". But i remember everything ok? Never forget ;_;

Also are you gonna play this morning? I can do some trials. Or we can play in the afternoon
No pressure, i just want to know so i know what to do

Thanks for all the well wishes, folks.

We're all doing good. Survived our first night.

Nice baby. Isn't this the part where we argue about what class da babeh is?

Or which starter he'll choose: Fire, water, grass.

We know what class the baby is. #TitanMasterRace

👊🏻 Like his father!

I have the D is for Destiny alphabet book I'll be reading him (and my 2 yo daughter.)

Congraturations and say farewell to your Destiny.

Good thing I wrote my Dear John letter to Destiny or else I'd be buying this:

$_35.JPG

Top Bottom