• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Nothus

Looking forward to everything in the update, my concern though is that this could potentially be all we're getting as far as new stuff until the big one in the fall.
So the stuff in the update has to keep us going for...5 months?! Yikes.

stay gold

Anyone got opinions of the pdx 45 from gunsmith this week?

1: Hammer Forced, Feather Mag / Private Eye / Smallbore, Lightweight

2: Perfect Balance, Casket Mag / Rangefinder / Snapshot, Reinforced Barrel

3: Fitted Stock, Oiled Frame / Unflinching / Snapshot, Smallbore

I have the order on two characters and was going to maybe buy the second option this week and save my othet pdx 45 order for a CB or HH roll next week. Isint range on pulses better then highest stability?

Edit: i know everyones discussing the new update but shameless bump for new page.

Give them a miss this week.

The thing with roll 2 is Perfect Balance reduces range (though it doesn't actually tell you this) and Reinforced Barrel reduces stability, so you're not getting much benefit from either one.

Shiv47

OK...So I'm trying to help get a DGAF crazy 6v6 mayhem clash for this weekend. The list is growing so far.

1. Merhmantrout
2. the_id
3. real2kev (bigmanny)
4. Biggy
5. Tri4
6. TheAquaticApe
7. Feetiemaomao
8. Shiv2099

Have I missed anyone?

We've half so far, need another 5.
Depends on when exactly, but I'm up for getting killed a lot.

Namikaze1

Replaced the original header I had for the April Update thread with this:

ZlgHs6F.png

Wish I could get this pic without the whole April Update and stream dates+content so that I can use it as a wallpaper. Best I could do was this:

Igor needs his Scarab! He's been wanting to play with you anyway. I can help, but I don't know if I can go all the way. I got my Scarab at 14 wins last weekend and he went all the way to 20 without one. :-/

20 on that card lol. I then did another full card with xplicit and inapp and got to 20 again on that haha. 24 tries and no scarab.

But still, friday reset trials hype with ape and drizz/john!

the_id

Updated list for the new page. 6v6 DGAF mayhem clash for funzies this weekend

1. Merhmantrout
2. the_id
3. real2kev (bigmanny)
4. Biggy
5. Tri4
6. Shiv47
7. Feetiemaomao
8. Night_Knight

Subs:
1. TheAquaticApe
Oh and shiv, I'm going to get wrecked as well.

Striker Life
CeHaN2AW4AA2kpG.jpg

And I managed to get a T5 DISC/STR Fun Police Build
CeP_c-YWAAAB0Nf.jpg

Chappy's fun. Got several Triple Kills playing in Mayhem with the self-imposed rules of shotty/grenade only.

Prison of Elders was fun because shotguns were powerful. There needs to be a shotgun buff in this update.

At least we have swords, though.

^ I can do some Friday Trials. I'll even play on PS4! Maybe.

I'm not sure how exactly the stats work out with those various perk combinations, but none of those rolls look too OP. The word from that recent Crucible Playbook post was that range actually has more affect than stability on all the bullets from a burst doing damage (or crit damage). Higher stability would improve the burst grouping but that didn't always translate to getting critical hit markers as consistently as higher range did.

Personally I've never done any testing myself but any roll that gives you decent range and stability boosts is a good option. You'd also probably want CB as the extra perk instead of any of those options there, although I've never been a huge pulse rifle guy so other folks might know better.

Give them a miss this week.

The thing with roll 2 is Perfect Balance reduces range (though it doesn't actually tell you this) and Reinforced Barrel reduces stability, so you're not getting much benefit from either one.

Thanks guys for the replies! I will hold off then and wait for the god rolls. I also did not know PB reduces range! Who knows after April 12th, pulses might be irrelevant in the new meta.

Axoman

I haven't been able to watch the stream, but from what I'm reading, can't say I'm too thrilled.

I don't like that it appears there is still ranged drops, I really wish they would have done away that.

I'm holding out hope for the PvP changes. I've morphed into a PvP player only over the past 3-4 months and it doesn't look like anything here to change that yet.

Tri4

Picked up one of the pdx 45s and now I regret it. It has almost max stability but still recoils pretty well to the left. This is like hard light all over again. I'm done with pulses with their fake stability unless they have counterbalance.

Homeboyd

I haven't been able to watch the stream, but from what I'm reading, can't say I'm too thrilled.

I don't like that it appears there is still ranged drops, I really wish they would have done away that.

I'm holding out hope for the PvP changes. I've morphed into a PvP player only over the past 3-4 months and it doesn't look like anything here to change that yet.
Where are the "ranged drops" and where are the "guaranteed max light" drops?

If it's a bunch of ranged stuff, I'm with you. O U T

Homeboyd

Max level gear will be behind challenge modes again. I'm definitely only taking my Warlock forward after seeing that shit show
You're referring to the PoE challenge mode right? The "weekly bounty" where you earn 30000/90000 points. Doing those will give you guaranteed max light rewards, right?

ocean

Banned
For saying Deej can suck my balls, what next ban him from the game entirely?
Uhh if I have a live show before an audience full of people ranging all ages and somebody interferes, uninvited, insulting me? Yeah I'll ban him from participating in my shows in the future.

Twitch actually suspended his channel for like 2 weeks for violation of community rules back when he pulled that stunt. I'm all for criticizing games and companies but insulting people in front of a live digital audience of thousands is a dick move 100% of the way. He's the pathetic one.

Top Bottom