• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

What times (GMT) would qualify as EU-friendly? I can do a flawless CE if there's enough interest.
5pm GMT / 6pm CET onwards on weekdays. :) Ideally starting around 6 or 7pm GMT.

On weekends basically anytime. I imagine something like 2-4pm GMT start (that's 9-11am EST) at the earliest?

Acidote

Y2 sherpas showing up for the MoT. DGaf is flawless.

And yes, those times are right. I get home from the office around 4.30pm CEST.

GutZ31

What times (GMT) would qualify as EU-friendly? I can do a flawless CE if there's enough interest.

5pm GMT / 6pm CET onwards on weekdays. :) Ideally starting around 6 or 7pm GMT.

On weekends basically anytime. I imagine something like 2-4pm GMT start (that's 9-11am EST) at the earliest?

Y2 sherpas showing up for the MoT. DGaf is flawless.

And yes, those times are right. I get home from the office around 4.30pm CEST.

Cool. I will leave you guys in Drizzay's flawless hands.
If he scrubs, make sure you record it in your hearts. ;)

Try not to let Crota intimidate you.

Hedera

I'd be interested in a flawless run for sure. I'm EU (and also Euro champs!!!), but tbh I'd prefer to run it at night (which would be ~ 4 PM EDT) than in the middle of the afternoon/late afternoon.

I'll wait to hear Drizz's availability and depending on it I may or may not join GutZ if spots are available.

Thank you sherpas for taking the initiative!

I spent like 600 heavy ammo, nearly 20k glimmer, 200+ ether seeds just to get the boots I want.

Titans have like the worse selection of boots.

The raid ones aren't bad with the right shader.

Was going to play, then got caught up watching an Xcom Long War run with the new changes on Impossible. Dude is one of the better Xcom guys and he got destroyed late in the game, as in every soldier KIA, 30 scientists killed, etc. The new changes are just middle finger hard.

Am I just having shit luck with strike rotation, or is something up with the selection? Played for hours yesterday and kept getting THE SAME TWO STRIKES (sorry, a third was peppered in ONCE). Black Garden and Warmind over and over.

Maddening.

Tubtub

Neo Member
Wednesday, July 13th, 2016
I will run a Flawless Raid at 9:00PM EST, unless otherwise specified.
Those that wish to join should quote this post, and add their name to the roster.
If the list fills up, make a new list starting with my name, and if enough people sign up to make 2 fire teams, I will plan to run another group.
The only requirement I have is that you have at least done Crota normal mode, and succeeded beating him.
This can be wavered in extreme cases, but I do wish that you have some experience in playing this raid.
In case you have no experience with Crota, being over the recommence light level(170+ I think at level 32-33) is the next best thing.

This is for PS4 only unfortunately.

1. GutZ31
2. Trance?
3. dorssom
4. tubtub1

Second group under this line if called for
——————————————————

1. GutZ31

Thanks. I've done everything except flawless raider. I've run crota plenty.

Any idea if this new poster will come back in stock or is that it?

Poster.jpg

Those that wish to join should quote this post, and add their name to the roster.
If the list fills up, make a new list starting with my name, and if enough people sign up to make 2 fire teams, I will plan to run another group.
The only requirement I have is that you have at least done Crota normal mode, and succeeded beating him.
This can be wavered in extreme cases, but I do wish that you have some experience in playing this raid.
In case you have no experience with Crota, being over the recommence light level(170+ I think at level 32-33) is the next best thing.

1. GutZ31
2. Trance?

——————————————————

1. GutZ31
I'll love to join this.

LooneyLMD on psn.

SpecX

Am I just having shit luck with strike rotation, or is something up with the selection? Played for hours yesterday and kept getting THE SAME TWO STRIKES (sorry, a third was peppered in ONCE). Black Garden and Warmind over and over.

Maddening.
Might just be bad luck. I had the same happen to me where I kept getting Malok and Omnigul stuck in rotation for a few tries and then in changes up.

glaurung

Are there Destiny gods in DGAF who would help me get to the Lighthouse?

My stats aren't the greatest and most of my friends don't run Trials. All I want is the new flawless emblem.

PSN glaurung

Europe time zone.

Caayn

Just started playing Destiny again, after a long time of not playing it. I pretty much dropped it after completing the store missions of the original. Completed both expansions and the Taken King in the last few weeks. Got my first exotic item, wrong class sadly.

I'm enjoying it again. Played the strikes and the prison of elders on lvl 41. Only thing I haven't done yet is the Challenge of the elders and all the raids (I haven't even done the VoG raid).

Just started playing Destiny again. Completed both expansions and the Taken King in the last few weeks. Got my first exotic item, wrong class sadly.

I'm enjoying it again. Played the strikes and the prison of elders on lvl 41. Only thing I haven't done yet is the Challenge of the elders and all the raids (I haven't even done the VoG raid).
If you ever have trouble finding newbie raids to help you, Hawkian rotates through the three raids to help people get through it for the first time and does an excellent job at it. I would highly recommend doing his newbie raids to get a feel for all three raids.

Might just be bad luck. I had the same happen to me where I kept getting Malok and Omnigul stuck in rotation for a few tries and then in changes up.

OK then. Glad it's not just me!

If you ever have trouble finding newbie raids to help you, Hawkian rotates through the three raids to help people get through it for the first time and does an excellent job at it. I would highly recommend doing his newbie raids to get a feel for all three raids.

I may do this. Is he PSN only? I've only done VoG and Crota, and really want to do the Oryx raid. I'm on Xbox though.

Toddler

1. GutZ31
2. Trance?

——————————————————

1. GutZ31

xTODDLERx

Apt101

Got my Spektar set, all blue like I wanted. Now I guess it's time to wrap up these lingering quests.

What's the best way to gear up beyond 300? PoE/CoE?

Psykoboy2

Got my Spektar set, all blue like I wanted. Now I guess it's time to wrap up these lingering quests.

That raid and PoE will get you to 320 or close to it. Then start running CoE to go from there to 335.

I'm at 327 (with some 330+ weapons and armor), and got there by leveling up factions and crucible/vanguard. Now, they won't give me anything above 330, so I'm guessing that CoE, raids, and IB are the only avenues left for someone in my position.

What's the current PvP meta? i.e. what type of primary weapon should I be using?

Hand cannons: TLW, well rolled Eyasluna w range perk
Pulse rifles: well rolled Grasp of Malok, Hawksaw or PDX-45. A near God-roll hawksaw can be bought from the Crucible vendor.
Scout rifles: Mida
Auto rifles: none really in meta, but Counterbalance Doctrine is still good.

May I be added to the list of Guardian Lords, please? Vanilla & TTK have been completed.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2874-Destiny/ch4fx_

Thanks for the help DGAF, I genuinely appreciate every single one of you!

extra thanks to cloud for bringing the flawless group together. also to rob/robs wife for joining in & filling up the fire team!

Congratulations!! That's an excellent accomplishment. Send a PM to this man: http://m.neogaf.com/member.php?u=489601

It is done:]

:eyes: you too

Caayn

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably look into newbie raid groups soon. Currently my main is a lvl 40 warlock with light level 300.

WipedOut

Hand cannons: TLW, well rolled Eyasluna w range perk
Pulse rifles: well rolled Grasp of Malok, Hawksaw or PDX-45. A near God-roll hawksaw can be bought from the Crucible vendor.
Scout rifles: Mida
Auto rifles: none really in meta, but Counterbalance Doctrine is still good.

Congratulations!! That's an excellent accomplishment. Send a PM to this man: http://m.neogaf.com/member.php?u=489601

:eyes: you too

Double Guardian Lord lol - Xbox was done as well.

GutZ31

Thanks. I've done everything except flawless raider. I've run crota plenty.

I'll love to join this.

LooneyLMD on psn.

xTODDLERx
First Flawless Raider team locked.
Again, this will be Wednesday, July 13th at 9:00PM EST.

1. GutZ31
2. Trance
3. dorssom
4. tubtub1
5. LooneyLMD
6. xTODDLERx

If you can not make it, be sure to PM me so that we can work on finding a solution.

Acidote

Salvage with randoms makes me have murderous thoughts. Like ripping a rib out of them just to stab their eyes with it type of thoughts.

sajj316

Played trials for the first time in months .. if not a whole year. I quickly realized why I don't play. My skill level in 3v3 is just not there. Admittedly, not enough play-time and practice. It doesn't help that our team was consistently met with yellow and red bars opponents running universal remote and long-bows/fusions. Maybe in another year.

Played trials for the first time in months .. if not a whole year. I quickly realized why I don't play. My skill level in 3v3 is just not there. Admittedly, not enough play-time and practice. It doesn't help that our team was consistently met with yellow and red bars opponents running universal remote and long-bows/fusions. Maybe in another year.

Best time to try again is when RoI drops and the player population shoots way up. You should have better luck matching reasonable teams. Obviously you need practice to get better but if the teams you face are way above your skill level you won't learn much of anything. RoI should bring the "casuals" back at least for a few weeks.

Lee

I was really hoping they included a flawless card or at least a 7 win card as one of the Y2 Triumphs. Would have done wonders for the Trials population.

I was really hoping they included a flawless card or at least a 7 win card as one of the Y2 Triumphs. Would have done wonders for the Trials population.

Flawless would have been far too inaccessible for the general population. But something to do with trials to get people to play it would have been good, yeah.

Best time to try again is when RoI drops and the player population shoots way up. You should have better luck matching reasonable teams. Obviously you need practice to get better but if the teams you face are way above your skill level you won't learn much of anything. RoI should bring the "casuals" back at least for a few weeks.

Us filthy casuals yo. :)

WipedOut

Better start a spreadsheet drizz....

Add me ;)

Top Bottom