• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kalamari

As far as trials practice is concerned, I think rumble is the best for that. You don't have to worry about randoms on your team and it places you in a situation where you can't rely on others to help, much like being the last man standing in trials. One benefit of SBMM is that rumble will place you with similarly skilled players, so you won't be facing Igor-like players that just roflstomp you over and over again (unless you are Igor).

Trakan

HoW: Trials. Perfect PvP. Best weapons the game has ever had (Matador, Benevolence, BTRD, Ash Factory, Hopscotch et al) dropping often and being re rollable so we all had God rolls and could play for fun instead of for loot chasing....most flexible cosmetic options, infusion made all the raids equally relevant, THE RAM DEBUT

The closer RoI is to HoW the sooner we can forget the garbage downgrade TTK has been.

Yeah, I may not have always felt this way but HoW was definitely the pinnacle of PVP. I can live without re-rolling but I really don't get the drop rate logic. Weapons were re-rollable yet they had the highest drop rate they've ever had. Now, there's more shitty perks in the pool and no re-rolling yet the drop rates went to shit. If you have all these shitty perks you have to make it rain loot, not make it worse.

Need 2 ppl for trials grind,basically need to complete the lord shaxx quest for 3 trails wins or 9 matches completed.anyone willing to help ,I am terrible in trails PvP BTW.
I'd:- lightsaberut

HoW: Trials. Perfect PvP. Best weapons the game has ever had (Matador, Benevolence, BTRD, Ash Factory, Hopscotch et al) dropping often and being re rollable so we all had God rolls and could play for fun instead of for loot chasing....most flexible cosmetic options, infusion made all the raids equally relevant, THE RAM DEBUT

The closer RoI is to HoW the sooner we can forget the garbage downgrade TTK has been.

So I missed out on all the fun. I skipped HOW because they didn't include a raid. I was wondering why I never saw the matador in action.

Yeah, I may not have always felt this way but HoW was definitely the pinnacle of PVP. I can live without re-rolling but I really don't get the drop rate logic. Weapons were re-rollable yet they had the highest drop rate they've ever had. Now, there's more shitty perks in the pool and no re-rolling yet the drop rates went to shit. If you have all these shitty perks you have to make it rain loot, not make it worse.

Have to agree.

A good number of perks are underwhelming and don't make you feel powerful. This especially applies to perks that are designed to help you in low health or near death situations.

Getting a weapon with guerilla fighter, grenadier, exhumed, danger close, eye of the storm, etc - (and weapons that have multiples of these) just really underlines this.

I would love to see Bungie experiment with perks that have true power but with some element of risk involved. i.e. this perk grants double damage on grenades but drains your health by 50% after grenade is deployed, or some such.

HAttyboy

Hey! So I have been playing TK now in like one month , and I love it ! just question what does people use for weapon setup in PVE and PVP ?

jacobs34

I've been playing again after awhile off and got my Titan from 300 to 309 over the weekend. I spent a lot of time finishing the Mountain Top questline, and spent a couple of hours in the Strike Playlist and PoE.

I find the current PvP meta to be really fun. I spend most of my time running around with the Eyasluna or Hawksaw, and my trusty Conspiracy Theory and have been averaging somewhere around 1.5 K/D.

After cranking out a bunch of hours this weekend I'm getting antsy to get enough light level to properly play the Nightfall and CoE. I just cant bring myself to run more than two strikes in a row with randoms.

What is the absolute cheapest way to get the Taken King DLC on Xbox One? I have the base digital game for Xbox One. I can't buy it used because it came with The Taken King DLC codes as opposed to being on disc, right? Has the DLC ever even been on sale? Any one that sells codes?

Toddler

Loaded up Oryx checkpoint (hard mode). I'd really like to knock out this calcified fragment before the reset tomorrow.

If anyone else needs it or wants to help, join xTODDLERx

I really want a Blacksmith shader

Kappa

Should have stood in line at gamescom for 3 hours.

You talking in a fireteam is more likely to happen over OW taking over Destiny.

image.php

Let's go back to discussing cycles

CYCLES AND PHASES

Cycles are the actions of a boss in a phase
Phases are where the boss changes the actions
A fight is compromised of multiple phases. Each phase has a cycle that bosses go through.

IE For the sister fight, a cycle would be hitting the first sister and then hitting the 2nd sister, and the phase would change when one of the sisters would go down. One Cycling the sisters means taking them both out in the first phase.

top of page

Salvage with randoms makes me have murderous thoughts. Like ripping a rib out of them just to stab their eyes with it type of thoughts.

Mentioned this before but Salvage with randoms can be absolutely awful. I finally finished my grimoire on it last week. Whilst playing with randoms I found that 1 weak link who didnt know what they were doing made it a lot harder. If both team mates were weak links I had no chance.

Things I would do whilst playing with randoms

• Do not cap a relic. I would stand on it momentarily to bait opposition out but never capture it. The only time I would capture it was if a random stood on it and had no intention of getting off. At this point you need as many people on the relic to get maximum points.
  • The only other time I would intentionally capture a relic was if I had heavy, a super and I knew that all opposition did not have heavy. That should give you enough fire power to defend the relic even if your team mates are rubbish
  • Let the other team finish capturing the relic if they start. Wait for your team mates to push then go in at least as a pair. You get loads of points for a cancel so play it like skirmish and just cancel relics when you can.
  • If there are defender titans on the other team don't let them chain bubbles. You will lose quickly. So save a super destroy it. I used voidwalker a lot to clear the bubble whilst he thought it was safe. I would even wave to them before hand
  • If you are confident in your abilities save your super for the heavy and go to the opposite one as your team mates and try to either delay the opposition grabbing it or kill them. Sometimes you get lucky and your 2 team mates end up at the same heavy as the 3 enemies and you can grab it in freedom to run over and rocket everyone and pick up the other crate as well.
As far as trials practice is concerned, I think rumble is the best for that. You don't have to worry about randoms on your team and it places you in a situation where you can't rely on others to help, much like being the last man standing in trials. One benefit of SBMM is that rumble will place you with similarly skilled players, so you won't be facing Igor-like players that just roflstomp you over and over again (unless you are Igor).

I saw drizz mention recently that he didn't think rumble helped massively for trials practise becaues of the lack of teamwork. I can see his point however I have found that playing rumble has helped me improve my skill level considerably that will make me more effective in Trials. Rumble definitely helps with decision making, staying alive and how to control engagements. These are all things I could apply to Trials, but the best practise for trials is to play trials and work on that team work. I don't even think pub stomping in the elimination playlist would work.

Loaded up Oryx checkpoint (hard mode). I'd really like to knock out this calcified fragment before the reset tomorrow.

If anyone else needs it or wants to help, join xTODDLERx

I need to do this too, plus I still need hard mode Oryx too. I won't be able to log on for about 2-3 more hours though. Maybe 7 MST.

inthrall

I can still do the Oryx Challenge if I log in tonight, right? The hard part will be finding a group to do it before reset instead of after

Lee

Anyone buy that new Bungie poster and actually have it ship yet? I placed an order (2 pins, 2 posters) on Thursday right after it came online, and they sent an email saying it shipped later that day, but looking at the tracking it hasn't yet. Their site now says "Orders that include this item will ship after our restock of posters arrives on 7/11/2016."

"Restock" implies they had stock before, and I was damn fast placing my order...

FyreWulff

Anyone buy that new Bungie poster and actually have it ship yet? I placed an order (2 pins, 2 posters) on Thursday right after it came online, and they sent an email saying it shipped later that day, but looking at the tracking it hasn't yet. Their site now says "Orders that include this item will ship after our restock of posters arrives on 7/11/2016."

"Restock" implies they had stock before, and I was damn fast placing my order...

People want that exclusive emblem stuff

Didnt know that! Might have to run through it on normal, then. I've tried 5 or 6 times on Heroic and haven't gotten it yet.

I need to do this too, plus I still need hard mode Oryx too. I won't be able to log on for about 2-3 more hours though. Maybe 7 MST.

I can still do the Oryx Challenge if I log in tonight, right? The hard part will be finding a group to do it before reset instead of after

Can add you 3 to the PSN group for triumphs, already have a dozen members in there.

You only have 10 hours before weekly reset though...

Toddler

Can add you 3 to the PSN group for triumphs, already have a dozen members in there.

You only have 10 hours before weekly reset though...

Anything would help. I guess I have bad timing, it hasn't been easy putting a group together that can help me get this done.... otherwise I probably would have had it by now.

Need that Oryx CM fragment too, have a HM Oryx CP.

Wish I wasn't at work. :/

I feel your pain! I'm usually at work or have to go to bed because of work when most of my friends list is playing.

Top Bottom