• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

DocSeuss

I need to get the three CM fragments and Oryx on Hard, but I haven't played Destiny in a while. I'm like 313 light or so. What do I need to do?

Any heroes want to sweat in salvage with me and Igor?

PSN DirtyAquaticApe

Heads up...going for grimoire wins and it's worse than final bosses in trials.

Salvage is no where near as bad as a trials final boss! I grinded out my last 26 salvage wins last week and managed to get them over 2 days. By the end of it my ELO according to Destiny Tracker was top 1% (and I am a scub). Surely you and Igor can dominate? Or is that SBMM screwing you over? I always found that if I played solo I had a better chance of winning. If I went in with mates we'd get matched against sweaties.

Only 5 more New Monarchy ranks before I have all the Hunter Exotic Cloaks. Kind of want to dump 170 Strange Coins into Heavy Ammo so I can just fast forward my way through... but I've spent way too many SCs on faction donations already. I'm down to like 300 SCs and I don't wanna run into RoI empty-handed.

I am keeping 300 SCs as a minimum at the minute, and 100 motes per character. Anything above that is going on donations. I've found that I can get ~100 coins a week running a mix of strikes and crucible. Its so easy to make them back without even realising. Odds are you'll get those strange coins back doing the exotic quest for New Monarchy. Plenty of time to stock back up before RoI

Shiv47

Can anyone please help us with oryx?

We are so close and have been at it for a few hours

I feel for you guys. I was in two different groups where we probably spent a combined 11 hours trying and failing to beat that encounter in November/December. I've done it since on a few occasions, but...ughhhh.

Salvage is no where near as bad as a trials final boss! I grinded out my last 26 salvage wins last week and managed to get them over 2 days. By the end of it my ELO according to Destiny Tracker was top 1% (and I am a scub). Surely you and Igor can dominate? Or is that SBMM screwing you over? I always found that if I played solo I had a better chance of winning. If I went in with mates we'd get matched against sweaties.

SBMM is a huge factor. In my experience, Skirmish and Salvage are way worse than Trials. In Trials, we lost twice this weekend during 3x Flawless runs. Yesterday in Salvage we went 3 out of 7.

Today wasn't bad. We won 7 out of 7 with one sweaty match.

When I play solo I get blueberries that don't understand how the game works. It's way better for me to roll with a team.

But again, very clearly SBMM doing its work on me and I don't even consider myself that good.

neoism

man damn this tripemine nerf has triggered the shit out me... ive been aahamkaras build for awhile now im soo sick of my mines not killing ppl... the whole fucking point of a mine explosive is the kill enemies without them knowing its there.. yet i get one shot my most ever other granade.... doesnt make sense.. ��

wtf bungle

y u ha8 hunters sooo

Frenden

Banned
Thanks for the Trials run, Igor and Pew Pew. That was smooth sailing. One sweaty round and one sweaty team for Final Boss.

And that 1 v 3 of yours was clutch as fuck, Igor. I thought I had that second one when I got two down before I got stuck on a rock while backing away from that Titan, haha. SadTrombone.wav

I'm pretty happy with never going negative after not playing Trials since Doctrine weekend, heh.

.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGADzMo9sgwgiqUJA2FE-qu7eu6941iU2cTBP2gD2k8pYuyQeK7cq2xjtqnmeJMvokJlzOXq9mUB7F9B5jJgMIioVwSgdrbfBpoTOaJ886BDi2-VnNvH7A9wfIZQ.-7SJFQgHQMB5qYEi51SkRBBcxMM.jpg

Probably crazy but with this whole Neo vs Scorpio thing going on I am seriously considering grinding my single X1 character(currently 293 where I left him the week of TTK launch to move to PS4) up to 335 and then whatever becomes the new max with RoI just in-case for whatever reason scorpio becomes the preferred choice of console.

Maybe won't have 335 as a focus, just grinding solo/matchmaking activities close enough to 335 and at least get some decent gear on him. Have a huge bank of materials so can do a mote dump etc to speed things up.

SBMM is a huge factor. In my experience, Skirmish and Salvage are way worse than Trials. In Trials, we lost twice this weekend during 3x Flawless runs. Yesterday in Salvage we went 3 out of 7.

Today wasn't bad. We won 7 out of 7 with one sweaty match.

When I play solo I get blueberries that don't understand how the game works. It's way better for me to roll with a team.

But again, very clearly SBMM doing its work on me and I don't even consider myself that good.

Yeah, randoms can destroy a match very quickly. I found the best way was to not capture any relics until I had heavy and super ready. That would normally give me enough time to defend the relic for the capture.

Owensboro

Anyone want to do the Nightfall (PS4)? I'm solo clearing ATM. Up to first boss.

EDIT: I also need the CM Oryx if anyone is thinking of running it!

Edit2: At the boss of the Nightfall if anyone wants in. I don't know that I want to try and kill this jerk solo.

I need to get the three CM fragments and Oryx on Hard, but I haven't played Destiny in a while. I'm like 313 light or so. What do I need to do?
You can do CM and Oryx right now if you wanted to, 313 is fine for the entire raid, don't be fooled by LFGs "must be 330+". If you ever need to do it, just ask on here and see if you can get some people to help out.

Owensboro

^Year long.

Be around for pvp later on.

Evo next week .Hype.

Totally pumped. It's my first time going. Can't wait to see the nonsense firsthand.

Edit: Hah, I just got booted from the Nightfall for inactivity while waiting to see if anyone wanted to join. Welp, never going to let that happen again. Totally forgot it could kick you.

Anyone willing to help a friend and I complete our Exotic Sword quest on PS4 at about 9:30 Eastern? I have to complete the void version, and I believe that he has the arc version. Just shoot me a message (PSN Tag: mashbaugh67) Thanks in advance!

darthbob

Ugh, these Triumphs are never gonna get done.

Anyone still needing to do HM KF? I have an Oryx CP, still need that first HM clear and the Oryx challenge.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
^Enjoy. Don't forget about deodorant. And never ever leave any thing you cherish out of your sight for even a second.

Anybody up for PVP soon.

Owensboro

Ugh, these Triumphs are never gonna get done.

Anyone still needing to do HM KF? I have an Oryx CP, still need that first HM clear and the Oryx challenge.

I'm going to bed, but I'm up for scheduling a time to do challenge mode tomorrow if anyone's interested. Probably can't play until after 8pm EST though :(

I need the darn fragment from Oryx. I'd be up for helping on hard mode, but fair warning: it's been a while since I've done it. And I haven't tried since they raised the cap.

Kalamari

Even the green bars a beginning to teleport around the map.

I'm surprisingly unhype for evo this year, don't know why exactly but possibly because I have no interest in SFV, I just hope the fgc doesn't embarass themselves on ESPN2.

And since when do Hunters have damage resistance during shadowshot? One just lived through a Titan Hammer.

Apt101

All I need is a Spektar helm with a blue chroma slot and my set will be complete. In the meantime the Desolate looks cool paired with the bond and Spektar armor.

Prison of Elders 41 seems really easy. Maybe I just waited too long to go in, or I've gotten into good fireteams.

Is there going to be another patch prior to Rise of Iron?

All I need is a Spektar helm with a blue chroma slot and my set will be complete. In the meantime the Desolate looks cool paired with the bond and Spektar armor.

Prison of Elders 41 seems really easy. Maybe I just waited too long to go in, or I've gotten into good fireteams.

Is there going to be another patch prior to Rise of Iron?

Good thing that gear doesn't come with specific chroma slots. Imagine how crazy that would be to grind for.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I spent like 600 heavy ammo, nearly 20k glimmer, 200+ ether seeds just to get the boots I want.

Titans have like the worse selection of boots.

GutZ31

Wednesday, July 13th, 2016
I will run a Flawless Raid at 9:00PM EST, unless otherwise specified.
Those that wish to join should quote this post, and add their name to the roster.
If the list fills up, make a new list starting with my name, and if enough people sign up to make 2 fire teams, I will plan to run another group.
The only requirement I have is that you have at least done Crota normal mode, and succeeded beating him.
This can be wavered in extreme cases, but I do wish that you have some experience in playing this raid.
In case you have no experience with Crota, being over the recommence light level(170+ I think at level 32-33) is the next best thing.

This is for PS4 only unfortunately.

1. GutZ31
2. Trance?

Second group under this line if called for
——————————————————

1. GutZ31

radiohead1

Neo Member
Wednesday, July 13th, 2016
I will run a Flawless Raid at 9:00PM EST, unless otherwise specified.
Those that wish to join should quote this post, and add their name to the roster.
If the list fills up, make a new list starting with my name, and if enough people sign up to make 2 fire teams, I will plan to run another group.
The only requirement I have is that you have at least done Crota normal mode, and succeeded beating him.
This can be wavered in extreme cases, but I do wish that you have some experience in playing this raid.
In case you have no experience with Crota, being over the recommence light level(170+ I think at level 32-33) is the next best thing.

This is for PS4 only unfortunately.

1. GutZ31
2. Trance?
3. dorssom

Second group under this line if called for
——————————————————

1. GutZ31

Added! (This is dorssom, we've raided plenty before, but I've never gone flawless!)

NeOak

So I'm about to get back into destiny after taking about a 3 month break, so what did I miss? I played for about a week after the April update

Nothing, there has been nothing new since then.

Maybe Iron Banner and Grasp farming when Omnigul was the Nightfall.

GutZ31

Any chance for a EU friendly time run? Maybe this weekend? :)

As we get closer to the end of the week, I will know if I can make time for it.
I was also notified that if I needed help, someone would offer to take others for flawless.
If I can't clear my schedule for the weekend, I will ask him to create a EU friendly flawless run if he can.

As we get closer to the end of the week, I will know if I can make time for it.
I was also notified that if I needed help, someone would offer to take others for flawless.
If I can't clear my schedule for the weekend, I will ask him to create a EU friendly flawless run if he can.
Thanks. Much appreciated.
I'd rather do this with DGAF than randoms. :D

Acidote

Count me in for an EU friendly time run. I did that raid a LONG time ago, but I think I remember it and my hunter is 328.

I need an HM Oryx kills if DGAF does a run too.

Top Bottom