• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Dave_6

If I get bored enough today, I think I'm going to hook my PS4 up to my PC monitor and see if I can notice a difference in PvP. It's a Asus VG248QE 144hz with 1 ms response time so it should noticeable over my 2008 Pioneer plasma. I just don't know what to do about sound as I don't think my Schiit DAC will work with a console.

I just don't know what to do about sound as I don't think my Schiit DAC will work with a console.
Which Schiit DAC?
Anything higher than Modi 2 Uber has TOSLINK input and you can connect your PS4 via optical TOSLINK to DAC and it'll work.
I have my PS4 hooked up Modi 2 Uber. :)
Great little piece of Schiit. :D

Dave_6

Which Schiit DAC?
Anything higher than Modi 2 Uber has TOSLINK input and you can connect your PS4 via optical TOSLINK to DAC and it'll work.
I have my PS4 hooked up Modi 2 Uber. :)
Great little piece of Schiit. :D

It's the regular Modi 2 with USB only. I've read that it will work but it can take the PS4 like 20 mins or more to recognize it. Guess I can always try it but I do wish I would have gotten the Uber version.

Beat these two guys yesterday in trials and honestly we rekt them, bulletproof and all. But its nice to see some nice people instead of just the usual teabagging hate message bullshit :)

bYcuOik.jpg

Owensboro

Oryx hm

Draggoo3
Toddler
Owensboro
Boombloxer

Need 2 more. anyone game to help with triumphs?

Bah, I'm about to run out and do a bunch of errands. Take me of the list for now. Should be back online in an hour and a half or so though if you guys are still looking then.

PS, I'm a titan, can get to level 317 maximum (with Touch of malice)

Any heroes want to sweat in salvage with me and Igor?

PSN DirtyAquaticApe

Heads up...going for grimoire wins and it's worse than final bosses in trials.

ocean

Banned
Only 5 more New Monarchy ranks before I have all the Hunter Exotic Cloaks. Kind of want to dump 170 Strange Coins into Heavy Ammo so I can just fast forward my way through... but I've spent way too many SCs on faction donations already. I'm down to like 300 SCs and I don't wanna run into RoI empty-handed.

Trakan

Only 5 more New Monarchy ranks before I have all the Hunter Exotic Cloaks. Kind of want to dump 170 Strange Coins into Heavy Ammo so I can just fast forward my way through... but I've spent way too many SCs on faction donations already. I'm down to like 300 SCs and I don't wanna run into RoI empty-handed.

It's over two months away. I'm not sure of how often you play but you'd probably be back to at least 500 by then even if you spent everything you had.

ocean

Banned
It's over two months away. I'm not sure of how often you play but you'd probably be back to at least 500 by then even if you spent everything you had.

When I ran 10 Heroic Strikes for my FWC cloak a while ago I realized something: PvP players get waaaaaaaaaay less mats than PvE players do. I pretty much never ever do any PvE so I'd completely forgotten how crazy it is. Engrams absolutely everywhere, feeding tons of armor mats and many of which decrypt into SCs and Motes. I think an afternoon doing Heroic Strikes gave me about as many mats as I'd make during a full week playing Crucible.

As it is, unless Shaxx weekly bounty treats me well with triple 20 SC drops, I can maaaaaybe make 100 SCs in a month.

Got any ether seeds? You can use those with Varix and pay only 1/4 the normal price for heavy synth. Much better.

WeTeHa

When I ran 10 Heroic Strikes for my FWC cloak a while ago I realized something: PvP players get waaaaaaaaaay less mats than PvE players do. I pretty much never ever do any PvE so I'd completely forgotten how crazy it is. Engrams absolutely everywhere, feeding tons of armor mats and many of which decrypt into SCs and Motes. I think an afternoon doing Heroic Strikes gave me about as many mats as I'd make during a full week playing Crucible.

As it is, unless Shaxx weekly bounty treats me well with triple 20 SC drops, I can maaaaaybe make 100 SCs in a month.

Doesn't crucible drop way more strange coins and motes than strikes? At least that's been my experience. I mean armor/weapon parts, sure, but I feel like you get way more SCs and motes in iron banner/trials/regular crucible compared to every pve activity.

Doesn't crucible drop way more strange coins and motes than strikes? At least that's been my experience. I mean armor/weapon parts, sure, but I feel like you get way more SCs and motes in iron banner/trials/regular crucible compared to every pve activity.

You can get lots of both if you do strikes by using a booster to rank up when running strikes. You get motes and coins for ranking van and your faction.

But yeah you get more coins and motes in PvP as end game drops I think as well.

Top Bottom