• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

GutZ31

Bummer. I'm starting to think think Xbox Destiny players are a bit of a unicorn here on GAF.

They do exist. just have to believe.
tumblr_n96i9yIkbP1tp42tfo1_1280.jpg

Sane_Man

There is almost no difference between if you were 311 or 335 for Oryx. It's like a 1 or 2% damage difference, something you will never notice in the raid.

Is that really true? When I last did the raid me and a couple of others were 335 with 335 spindles and our damage numbers against the bosses were waaaaay higher than people in the mid 310's/low 320's. Perhaps we were just hitting more shots though.

What are all the exotics that can only be rewarded through a quest?

I'm aware of Sleeper Simulant, The First Curse, Black Spindle and No Time to Explain.

Anything else?

spyder_ur

Has anyone had issues with DIM recently? It won't load for me - just shows a black box. There is a code - 'vm.active.id' in the top right. I deleted and reinstalled - same issue.

Deku Tree

Destiny should give you the ability to complete the hardest content in the game at base level. It should be insanely hard but still possible. This 40 LL down and you can't do any damage business is silly. And forget these time locked boss fights too. I want to see LL1 RoI raid runs. Probably won't happen though, because the game is too casual.

Axoman

Destiny should give you the ability to complete the hardest content in the game at base level. It should be insanely hard but still possible. This 40 LL down and you can't do any damage business is silly. And forget these time locked boss fights too. I want to see LL1 RoI raid runs. Probably won't happen though, because the game is too casual.

The whole "you're getting more powerful" is a sham. All light level does is gate you for content and prevent you from doing full damage until you are at or above the enemy's level.

I feel no more powerful at 335 than I do at 300.

It's my abilities and weapons that make me feel powerful, not my light level, and sadly, the weapons and abilities have been nerfed so much I don't feel powerful at all.

E92 M3

The whole "you're getting more powerful" is a sham. All light level does is gate you for content and prevent you from doing full damage until you are at or above the enemy's level.

I feel no more powerful at 335 than I do at 300.

It's my abilities and weapons that make me feel powerful, not my light level, and sadly, the weapons and abilities have been nerfed so much I don't feel powerful at all.

Yes, I've been preaching that.

Psykoboy2

That's another option

Good. I spent WAY too long farming that raid back in November/December. As I get back into Destiny for RoI, I'm not really looking to run it again (although I do need a flawless run for the trophy), until closer to RoI's release or after.

At this point, however, maybe it's gotten better? The quality of pick-up groups at the time was hit or miss and there were times I spent HOURS with a group just getting through the sisters and Oryx (especially hard mode and then more so on the challenges). I'm not looking for quick runs, but more of a competent team to get it done.

phen0m24

Good. I spent WAY too long farming that raid back in November/December. As I get back into Destiny for RoI, I'm not really looking to run it again (although I do need a flawless run for the trophy), until closer to RoI's release or after.

At this point, however, maybe it's gotten better? The quality of pick-up groups at the time was hit or miss and there were times I spent HOURS with a group just getting through the sisters and Oryx (especially hard mode and then more so on the challenges). I'm not looking for quick runs, but more of a competent team to get it done.

Do a flawless run of Normal Crota. That's what most of us did. :)

Top Bottom