• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Today's Tounela SR4 roll is 9/10, with Torch Scope, Hand-Laid Stock (which are required) & Life-Support/Underdog as the other perks. worth picking up since you can just buy another Tounela package right after. The only way it could be better (for my money) would be 3rd Eye in the last column. Here it is fully upgraded in comparison with Hung Jury SR4:

NdAE54U.png

Bungie devs have been on record twice now that Tounela is an an incredibly powerful gun and users perform above their average when using it.

giphy.gif

Dave_6

Today's Tounela SR4 roll is 9/10, with Torch Scope, Hand-Laid Stock (which are required) & Life-Support/Underdog as the other perks. worth picking up since you can just buy another Tounela package right after. The only way it could be better (for my money) would be 3rd Eye in the last column. Here it is fully upgraded in comparison with Hung Jury SR4:

NdAE54U.png

Bungie devs have been on record twice now that Tounela is an an incredibly powerful gun and users perform above their average when using it.

giphy.gif

I'll pick this one up then since I don't have one and will pick up another package as well.

ch4fx_

1. I've got my Titan to LL 303. I've done that without any raiding. How much higher can I expect to get my LL before I need to start really planning to raid?

You have multiple ways to get to 330 without touching Kings Fall. Getting past 330 without raiding it a bit trickier, but definitely still doable.

image_zps8ss1qdxo.jpg

Be sure to equip your highest leveled gear before turning in faction rank up packages, decrypting engrams, ect.. ect.

You have multiple ways to get to 330 without touching Kings Fall. Getting past 330 without raiding it a bit trickier, but definitely still doable.

image_zps8ss1qdxo.jpg

Be sure to equip your highest leveled gear before turning in faction rank up packages, decrypting engrams, ect.. ect.

Thanks. Can you point to where you got that? I'd like to see a larger version of it. I can't read most of it.

ch4fx_

Thanks. Can you point to where you got that? I'd like to see a larger version of it. I can't read most of it.

Is this one better?

ClLIt4jWgAA2oUk

Not sure on the original source, unfortunately. It was posted in here shortly after the April update & I saved it, thinking it would come in handy at some point. First link was from photobucket, which I rarely have luck with. The latter is from Twitter, which usually work pretty well.

Another doubles grinding session done and I now only need 10 wins. Best match saw me and a random behind by about 600 points with 30 seconds left. We ran and captured a relic to force overtime. My team mate died and I used my novabomb to kill them both and then get the revive. Their second attack saw my team mate die again but I was able to blink shotgun the pair of them and get the revive just before the capture completed. We won by 10 points.

I gave into temptation. I should have been working on my assignment last night, but instead I fired up Destiny! So... I didn't realize I was on the last level of the campaign! WTF. Whoever in this thread said that Destiny is pretty limited if you don't have PS+ was correct!

Dez_

Nice, I'm going to give that scout rifle a go later today. Also holding onto a pdx-45 and dis-47 package. Last 47 I got had luck in the chamber, which was pretty new to me as far as scouts go, but I'm still looking for that full stability roll.

jacobs34

I've leveled up from 300 to 313 in about a week playing a couple of hours every day. I spend about half of my time in crucible and strikes. Is there anything else I should be doing to level up faster? I'm trying to get to max light before RoI comes out.

ch4fx_

I've leveled up from 300 to 313 in about a week playing a couple of hours every day. I spend about half of my time in crucible and strikes. Is there anything else I should be doing to level up faster? I'm trying to get to max light before RoI comes out.

Run CoE each week, your current LL is fine.

Kalamari

Why is Hand Laid Stock preferable to Braced Frame on the Tuonela, is BF not available on the Tuonela or is it just preference?

jacobs34

Run CoE each week, your current LL is fine. Also focus on crucible/vanguard/faction ranks ups if you enjoy strikes/pvp.

Yup. That's what I've been doing. This has been my first chance to really get into the Crucible and I've been loving it so far. I've been running Prisoner of Elders to get the rep boosters then spending most of my time playing Control, with a couple strikes thrown in to mix things up a bit. When it comes to running Heroic Strikes, how important is it to run them in a row. I know it says you have a better chance to get Legendaries if you run them continuously, but I'm not going to spend over an hour running strikes if I'm not almost guaranteed some quality drops.

Year 2 maps are way beyond trash. Better design some symmetrical shit for year 3. I haven't preordered ROI yet because if it's more year 2 trash maps, I'm done. I don't see how hard it is to design decent EVEN maps.
Bungie hasn't been in the business of making good, competitive maps for quite a long time.

Why is Hand Laid Stock preferable to Braced Frame on the Tuonela, is BF not available on the Tuonela or is it just preference?

I could be wrong, but I believe Hand Laid is better because it only has a negative effect on range. Range isn't a big deal in the crucible. Meanwhile Braced Frame negatively effects magazine size. It's better to have as many rounds as possible so you won't need to reload as often.

Kalamari

I could be wrong, but I believe Hand Laid is better because it only has a negative effect on range. Range isn't a big deal in the crucible. Meanwhile Braced Frame negatively effects magazine size. It's better to have as many rounds as possible so you won't need to reload as often.

I guess it probably wouldn't make any difference on closer quarters maps, but from what I understand about the relationship that range and stability have upon aim assist and bullet magnetism, I would think that range and stability should be maxed, which is what BF allows you to do. Then the smaller magazine issue can be mitigated with some fast reload gloves.

I guess it probably wouldn't make any difference on closer quarters maps, but from what I understand about the relationship that range and stability have upon aim assist and bullet magnetism, I would think that range and stability should be maxed, which is what BF allows you to do. Then the smaller magazine issue can be mitigated with some fast reload gloves.

Huh, I didn't know that range helped aim assist. I thought it just determined when the damage falloff begins.

See, you CAN learn something new everyday.

ch4fx_

Yup. That's what I've been doing. This has been my first chance to really get into the Crucible and I've been loving it so far. I've been running Prisoner of Elders to get the rep boosters then spending most of my time playing Control, with a couple strikes thrown in to mix things up a bit. When it comes to running Heroic Strikes, how important is it to run them in a row. I know it says you have a better chance to get Legendaries if you run them continuously, but I'm not going to spend over an hour running strikes if I'm not almost guaranteed some quality drops.

Crucible is really fun (for the most part) & will keep you well supplied with motes/strange coins. Plus your crucible/faction rep is always going up, and those packages will push you to LL 330. To get past 330, you'll need to venture outside of CoE/PvP/Strikes & do different activities (see picture a few posts above, it lists said activities). KF challenge mode is probably the most efficient of these activities for getting you the highest LL gear possible. If raiding isn't your thing, no worries! 335 is still possible.

Your chance at a legendary is just that, a chance. I have found that there aren't many guarantees in Destiny, so don't worry about that vanguard buff. Run strikes until you get bored & then switch to something else.

If you're on PS4, shoot me a FR & I'll be happy to help however I can. My PSN is the same as my GAF name.

Owensboro

Does that 335 drop regardless of light level? Or do you have to be close to 330 to get it? I've sitting on a tier 3 rune and have just never bothered using it (I've done Tier 3 a couple of times before).

NeOak

Does that 335 drop regardless of light level? Or do you have to be close to 330 to get it? I've sitting on a tier 3 rune and have just never bothered using it (I've done Tier 3 a couple of times before).

6 levels below, so technically 329, but you kinda want to be at least 333 to get a higher chance of a 335.

jacobs34

Crucible is really fun (for the most part) & will keep you well supplied with motes/strange coins. Plus your crucible/faction rep is always going up, and those packages will push you to LL 330. To get past 330, you'll need to venture outside of CoE/PvP/Strikes & do different activities (see picture a few posts above, it lists said activities). KF challenge mode is probably the most efficient of these activities for getting you the highest LL gear possible. If raiding isn't your thing, no worries! 335 is still possible.

Your chance at a legendary is just that, a chance. I have found that there aren't many guarantees in Destiny, so don't worry about that vanguard buff. Run strikes until you get bored & then switch to something else.

If you're on PS4, shoot me a FR & I'll be happy to help however I can. My PSN is the same as my GAF name.

Thanks for the advice. I'll throw an invite your way when I get on later.

HigXx

Just played with Lord of Wolves for the first time. Loaded into the Heroic Strikes. Me and another guy with it absolutely melted Alak-hul in about 30 seconds

Wow

SpecX

Just played with Lord of Wolves for the first time. Loaded into the Heroic Strikes. Me and another guy with it absolutely melted Alak-hul in about 30 seconds

Wow

There's a Y2 version of this? Haven't touched this gun since TTK launched.

I currently have the physical disk (Xbox One) but want to own this digitally. Any way to do that?

The cheapest digital version of Destiny in the Xbox One marketplace is $60.

Arrrammis

Farming Court of Oryx to get the last fragment I need (Balwur, tier 3 boss), anyone who wants to join or help is more than welcome to!
PSN: Arrrammis

Edit: done

Shito

Hey guys!
Was taking a look at the PS store, and stumbling upon the preorder for Rise of Iron I see that my PS4 doesn't want to let me preorder it, because I don't own TTK. Which I do. I can play it just fine if I boot the game, yet the PS4 doesn't seem to recognize it anywhere: what gives?
I see that they seemed to have merged the first two expansions in what they now call TTK, is it because I had the season pass and bought TTK separately?

Hey guys!
Was taking a look at the PS store, and stumbling upon the preorder for Rise of Iron I see that my PS4 doesn't want to let me preorder it, because I don't own TTK. Which I do. I can play it just fine if I boot the game, yet the PS4 doesn't seem to recognize it anywhere: what gives?
I see that they seemed to have merged the first two expansions in what they now call TTK, is it because I had the season pass and bought TTK separately?

hm

do you have the physical version of TTK? I heard there were some issues with preordering Rise of Iron~

Shito

hm

do you have the physical version of TTK? I heard there were some issues with preordering Rise of Iron~
Nope, but I have the physical version of Vanilla Destiny. I then bought the season pass, and then preordered TTK.
Now the PSN is acting like I don't own TTK, while the game is ok letting me play this extension. This is all very weird. ^^

[EDIT]
Yeah, searched a bit, and I'm not the only one with this problem.
There's a thread on this subject on the playstation forums, and the accepted solution is to just re-buy TTK because "it must not have completed the first time-LOL".
Yeah, no. ^^

Trakan

Nope, but I have the physical version of Vanilla Destiny. I then bought the season pass, and then preordered TTK.
Now the PSN is acting like I don't own TTK, while the game is ok letting me play this extension. This is all very weird. ^^

[EDIT]
Yeah, searched a bit, and I'm not the only one with this problem.
There's a thread on this subject on the playstation forums, and the accepted solution is to just re-buy TTK because "it must not have completed the first time-LOL".
Yeah, no. ^^

Obvious answer, but have you tried deleting/re-downloading or renewing licenses?

Shito

Obvious answer, but have you tried deleting/re-downloading or renewing licenses?
Tried renewing the licenses yeah: no dice.
Some guy on that playstation forum said he tried redownloading everything, and it didn't solve anything either.
It really seems to be because they deleted the store entries for the first two original extensions (which I own), creating this new "TTK pack" (which I apparently don't own).
Oh well, I'll wait and see if they somehow fix this closer to the release date, but I really want that gjallarhorn! :D

Top Bottom