• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games. We started off rough because Neo is playing with himself hard or something while Driz was talking about astrophysicists and Xeno wants to see how Neo does it. It's not how you start but how you finish and we did good.

So if I had 29 kills with primary, 3 with special, 1 with grenade and 4 with super, what accounts for the other kills to get my overall 39?

I'll be ready for a train in like 15 or so.

I think the rest of your kills are where you've damaged someone and they do something daft like throw a grenade at their feet or fall off the map. In their kill feed it shows up as by the architects or similar.

I noticed it while reviewing one of my rumble videos.

SheHateMe

Tonight was a waste.

Finished the weekly crucible bounty while ranking up both Crucible and NM factions.

Got a 329 Celestial Nighthawk, 329 sidearm, and a 330 MG. My helmet, special, and heavy are already 330.

:(

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose.

Tonight was a waste.

Finished the weekly crucible bounty while ranking up both Crucible and NM factions.

Got a 329 Celestial Nighthawk, 329 sidearm, and a 330 MG. My helmet, special, and heavy are already 330.

:(

Nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose.

I completed my weekly shaxx bounty and got an awesome Ghost lol.

Much sarcasm.

At least you guys are staying stable. My light has gone down like 12 points in the past two days, getting lower specced gear with more relevant perks, but nothing higher to infuse them with.

----

Joined Dead Orbit to check out Hung Jury...lucked out and got one as part of a level package, but the perks kinda suck :/ As a rifle, it's just alright, can't complain about the lucky gift though. I guess I'll use my marks on Paleocontact when the time comes instead.

-----

Idly wondering what RoI's horde mode would do that Prison of Elders doesn't already.

Idly wondering what RoI's horde mode would do that Prison of Elders doesn't already.

Hrm. If the picture shown with the Captain in the PvP map, then that's the kind of Horde mode I'd like

Prison of Elders is good. But it's a cramped space. And it's 'curated'-The waves are set spawns. If they do it right for RoI, then it should be dynamic while becoming increasingly difficult-That is, if it's a Fallen mode, then it'll start with Dregs and Vandals and work it's way up to Captains and maybe possibly Tanks? Ok Tanks might be a bit hard.

That, and hopefully there's actual loot for clearing waves- In PoE, very rarely do you get drops form regular foes in the arena. No Glimmer, either. Basically, for the Horde mode to be different, it'd have to be a true Horde mode(Keep going until you die, no 5 waves and reset to a room), drops actually happen while doing the activity(As compared to only getting loot from a chest at the end or from the final boss), glimmer of course, and possibly experience(I forget if PoE gives experience from killing enemies).

If they utilize PvP maps for the Horde mode...that would be great and amazing. There's big and small maps, spawns can vary per map, maybe having tanks on the bigger maps...I dunno.

NeOak

Joined Dead Orbit to check out Hung Jury...lucked out and got one as part of a level package, but the perks kinda suck :/ As a rifle, it's just alright, can't complain about the lucky gift though. I guess I'll use my marks on Paleocontact when the time comes instead.

The perfect PvE roll of HJ was before the April update. You missed that one D:

Number45

The perfect PvE roll of HJ was before the April update. You missed that one D:
Yeah, I have one for each character - pretty much all I use in PvE and there's going to have to be some great new weapons in RoI to convince my not to just infuse those up!

Liamc723

At least you guys are staying stable. My light has gone down like 12 points in the past two days, getting lower specced gear with more relevant perks, but nothing higher to infuse them with.

How can you have nothing to infuse them into if your light level went down 12 points?

What happened to the armour and weapons you already had?

How can you have nothing to infuse them into if your light level went down 12 points?

What happened to the armour and weapons you already had?

Situational equipment. Just because I'm going for pulse rifle stuff doesn't mean I want to ditch my scout rifle/auto rifle focused gear that works better in PvE.

Dave_6

Good games. We started off rough because Neo is playing with himself hard or something while Driz was talking about astrophysicists and Xeno wants to see how Neo does it. It's not how you start but how you finish and we did good.

Sorry about the awful couple of games I had, especially that first one on Crossroads :/ I keep trying to play as a Nightstalker and I'm just not learning very well, plus I hate that map. Guess I need to just stick with the Gunslinger when I play as a Hunter. That game of Rift on Vertigo was awful as well; after that I figured you'd be better off with someone better playing.

What's the consensus on the class-exclusive legendaries? They all seem pretty unique; do people actually use them a lot?

Susanoo, Stillpiercer and Immobius?

What's the consensus on the class-exclusive legendaries? They all seem pretty unique; do people actually use them a lot?

Susanoo, Stillpiercer and Immobius?

Susanoo and Stillpiercer are good. Well, so I've read about the former: I needed legendary marks and I sharded Susanoo before I realized I couldn't get it back or that I liked fusion rifles. I regret that.

Immobius seems like it has very limited utility— it refunds ammo when you're running a particular titan build in a particular circumstance. It might be OK if it was more like Conspiracy Theory or Party Crasher.

BokehKing

Banned
Currently grinding out xp on 3 characters to get all their subclasses maxed out during end game is a pain in the ass.
Yes there are tons of quests to do and bounties to use to my advantage, but no help from that spark of life. Couldn't even fill out the first row of abilities for me.

Oh well, I wanted 6 guardians, now I have them

Tonight I will do the following:

1) Do a charged Argoronarch rune or whatever for the fragment.

2) kill the arkham knight or whatever his name is.

Anyone is welcome to join if they need those things.

Last night I decided to use the Mayhem Clash playlist to finally grind out the first part of the Chaperone quest. It was a real pain in the ass but I got it done in a few hours.

Last night I decided to use the Mayhem Clash playlist to finally grind out the first part of the Chaperone quest. It was a real pain in the ass but I got it done in a few hours.

Tonight I will be attempting the First Curse quest where you have to get 7 precision kills in one Crucible match with the white Imprecation gun...

TLW sounds like a breeze compared to this :p

I think that's how I did it with my warlock (Stormcaller). I camped in my team's spawn and used supers & heavy (it wasn't one time per match back then iirc).
The quest was much easier with my titan and hunter, though. I cheesed it with Sparrow Racing League. :p

Tonight I will be attempting the First Curse quest where you have to get 7 precision kills in one Crucible match with the white Imprecation gun...

TLW sounds like a breeze compared to this :p

The first time I did the Imprecation step I used my PSN friends to cheese it in rumble, just to get it done.
It was much later, though, when I decided to try it "the real way" with my alts and it was surprisingly fun. I played with randoms (unfortunately I don't recall if it was rumble, regular 6v6 or Iron Banner) and it didn't take very long at all, even though the only hand cannon I had previously used in PvP was The Last Word (which felt very different from Imprecation).

DocSeuss

I need to complete challenge mode for all three fragments. I've never done them before, been too sick to play. What's a good way to set that up with people?

Klyka

Banned
So is the whole "snow in the cosmodrome" stuff all just for certain story missions? So I go in there in patrol and it's all normal then I enter in mission and it's snow and collapsed wall?

cause....awkward!

So is the whole "snow in the cosmodrome" stuff all just for certain story missions? So I go in there in patrol and it's all normal then I enter in mission and it's snow and collapsed wall?

cause....awkward!
They said there are two separate patrol items on the director. Part of me wishes the the existing one was retired just for consistency.

Just when a long workday has ended and all you want to do is relax a bit with Destiny... Server maintenance, because fuck you Europe.
I used to play during the day in the States before I had two jobs. Maintenance is always going to fuck somebody because this game is played around the clock.

I used to play during the day in the States before I had two jobs. Maintenance is always going to fuck somebody because this game is played around the clock.

Oh for sure, I'm just salty that it's alway right after the workday has ended for EU (I guess that's when it begins for Bungie/USA).

Came in to see if anyone replied and couldn't find the OT on the 1st page for the first time.

I can't wait to get more doubles in today. I wish xb1 and ps4 had shared grimoire at least. I want those 100 wins eventually but I can definitely not do them in both.

Came in to see if anyone replied and couldn't find the OT on the 1st page for the first time.

I can't wait to get more doubles in today. I wish xb1 and ps4 had shared grimoire at least. I want those 100 wins eventually but I can definitely not do them in both.

I played some last night and the grimoire notice came up twice...made it to rank 2 I guess? It's fun when I get matched up with someone who isn't too terrible :)

darthbob

It makes sense to me to go back to the old Cosmodrome for the old story missions, but there being two "current" Cosmodromes is confusing from a living world perspective.

I like that they're preserving Y1 Cosmo for Y3, just for nostalgia's sake. I'll probably spend most of my time in Y3 Cosmo going forward, only hopping back into Y1 when I want to relive some memories.

aarcane

PS4 haha. I don't have the will to complete everything on XB1 as well. I can barely have the will to do the exotic quest on PS4 but I should.

No worries, I'm not all that fussed either about finishing the MoTs. I'm happier about getting the Sunsinger crucible emblem last night instead. Who would have thought getting radiance multikills would be such a pain?

It makes sense to me to go back to the old Cosmodrome for the old story missions, but there being two "current" Cosmodromes is confusing from a living world perspective.

Yeah it's pretty lame world/lorewise. The old story missions could surely work with the snow and changes to geometry. Patrol missions could and should be replaced with new ones...

Yeah it's pretty lame world/lorewise. The old story missions could surely work with the snow and changes to geometry. Patrol missions could and should be replaced with new ones...

They should take a note from WoW and simply change the cosmodrone for everyone.

Granted, I dont think the engine is as flexible as WoWs...so 2 cosmodrones might be out of necessity.

Top Bottom