• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

No worries, I'm not all that fussed either about finishing the MoTs. I'm happier about getting the Sunsinger crucible emblem last night instead. Who would have thought getting radiance multikills would be such a pain?

I've been stuck at four or five multi kills on that quest for so long... I should try to do it during a mayhem week.

darthbob

Is RoI large enough though? TDB had a raid and HOW added a new social space plus new options and didn't get any.

Guess we'll see. But I'm gonna hope that they took the H3 ODST route and expanded the project into something bigger than they initially envisioned.

Kalamari

I expect 2 weeks after RoI releases that players will be complaining about lack of content, with nothing to do but chase whatever the god tier loot happens to be.

I expect 2 weeks after RoI releases that players will be complaining about lack of content, with nothing to do but chase whatever the god tier loot happens to be.

thats what the horde mode is for. If it's decent, then it's endless replayability.

Especially if they implement PvP maps to it. That'd be great.

Bungie and Blizzard have been my favorite devs for like a decade. I adore both Destiny and Overwatch, but I think Destiny has wayyyyy longer legs than Overwatch does.

I think the skeleton key system will keep players engaged for a long time and prevent some of that "I'm never going to get what I want" burnout.

SpecX

Agreed, but I think if the Raid turns out to be great and they improve PvP, they can minimize the complaints. KF is a great raid, but is awful to repeat and doesn't have the longevity VoG had. They also need to have more events occurring than IB monthly and Trials weekly. If they throw in a monthly SRL, maybe a monthly Petra/wolves hunt, something to keep things fresh and for people to look forward to, the game won't have the issue of lack of content that quickly.

One thing I don't want them to bring back are time gated exotics, keep it mission based that you randomly gain access to like in Y1 (Thorn!).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nooo, just had another signup on the Newbie Raid forn even though there's no upcoming date yet. I don't get it, what do people think they're signing up for? :p

My apologies to rand0mZer0, I had to reset the form. I haven't posted the new one yet but it will be happening on Saturday if there's interest. I'm not sure exactly what time yet, but should be mid-afternoon EST. I will work it out and post tonight. If you can make it (and wanted to do VoG at all in the first place) please sign up again once I do!

They need to continue the work of modernizing old content. There should be a weekly raid rotation with relevant rewards, for example. If every story mission, strike, and raid was brought up to their quality bar and SRL was added as a regular event, this game would have outstanding breadth.

It should have been done before year 2 ended so that the legacy consoles could have enjoyed it too.

Lee

The new cryptarch will only sell 3 of the medallions at a time, and I think you can only buy one per week. I feel like they will hold off on 'releasing' the best two for a few weeks (those being the "Genji reflect" one and the "trade super for unlimited power" one)

Datto said that horde mode is 5 minutes long, and isn't quite a horde mode but between CoO and PoE...

I'm not holding out hopes for it being a GoW-type OG horde mode i'm afraid :)

(i.e. an endless spawner where you can learn patterns and work out tactics for particular waves and get further and further as a team).

Datto said that horde mode is 5 minutes long, and isn't quite a horde mode but between CoO and PoE...

I'm not holding out hopes for it being a GoW-type OG horde mode i'm afraid :)

(i.e. an endless spawner where you can learn patterns and work out tactics for particular waves and get further and further as a team).
So another disappointment? Great. They said PoE would be a horde mode. Does Bungie not understand how a horde mode works?

Lee

He said this about Archon's Forge, which seems to be a fixed location in the Plaguelands much like CoO in the Dreadnaught. I thought the horde mode was a seperate rumor?

So another disappointment? Great. They said PoE would be a horde mode. Does Bungie not understand how a horde mode works?

Given that they made a pretty good one in some Halo games called Firefight, I suspect they could do it again if they wanted to.

He said this about Archon's Forge, which seems to be a fixed location in the Plaguelands much like CoO in the Dreadnaught. I thought the horde mode was a seperate rumor?

I think some people conflated Archon's Forge with a horde mode rather than as a variant of CoO featuring a bigger space and longer events.

Lee

I think some people conflated Archon's Forge with a horde mode rather than as a variant of CoO featuring a bigger space and longer events.

That makes sense. I was thinking that horde mode was one of the possible interpretations of the "new, clamoured over PvP feature" statement.

People expect custom matches or horde mode (or dedicated servers if you've got your head in the clouds). Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be like, streamlined playlists (only 3 at a time!) or map voting or some such...

Kalamari

The new cryptarch will only sell 3 of the medallions at a time, and I think you can only buy one per week. I feel like they will hold off on 'releasing' the best two for a few weeks (those being the "Genji reflect" one and the "trade super for unlimited power" one)

Oh, so it will be another sort of piecemeal loot release in order to get people to log in to the game once a week. Players didn't like that sort of thing with the timed release exotics and I don't think they will like this either. All of these mechanics just reek of "how can we release loot periodically in a fashion to boost the number of players who log in over a period of time."

Just make a game that's fun to play, Bungie, don't bother attempting to keep players interested in the long run with carrots on a stick. If your game is fun, they will keep playing.

Croc

Banned
so I've been getting back into this game with some friends recently and have been having a blast, but I've been having issues with my mic/team chat. I'm playing on PS4.

I play in a group with 2 other people and every once in awhile me and one of the other people won't be able to hear each other anymore. Our mics still work, we can see that we're talking, but neither of us will be able hear the other one talking. It only ever happens to me and to one of them at a time, so the third person has to be a relay telling each of us what the other one is saying. It ends up fixing itself after about 2 or 3 minutes, but it's getting really old and I have no idea what's happening. I frequently play Overwatch with this same group of people and have never run into any issue like this, so it seems like it's Destiny related.

Any ideas?

so I've been getting back into this game with some friends recently and have been having a blast, but I've been having issues with my mic/team chat. I'm playing on PS4.

I play in a group with 2 other people and every once in awhile me and one of the other people won't be able to hear each other anymore. Our mics still work, we can see that we're talking, but neither of us will be able hear the other one talking. It only ever happens to me and to one of them at a time, so the third person has to be a relay telling each of us what the other one is saying. It ends up fixing itself after about 2 or 3 minutes, but it's getting really old and I have no idea what's happening. I frequently play Overwatch with this same group of people and have never run into any issue like this, so it seems like it's Destiny related.

Any ideas?

Huh. Do you use in game chat or party chat? If it's in game, I imagine it might be something on Bungies side, if it's Party chat, it might be a NAT issue that pops up here or there?

todd360

Any ideas?
UBCUlAU.jpg

Croc

Banned
Huh. Do you use in game chat or party chat? If it's in game, I imagine it might be something on Bungies side, if it's Party chat, it might be a NAT issue that pops up here or there?

It's in game. I totally forgot about party chat. I guess we'll have to give that a shot

darthbob

Any ideas?

Had similar issues, ended up adding my PS4's IP to my router's DMZ.

PoE and CoE is a round based survival mode, and as far as I can recall Bungie never explicitly compared either to Gears of Wars' Horde mode gametype.

Lee

All of these mechanics just reek of "how can we release loot periodically in a fashion to boost the number of players who log in over a period of time."

The best was when they completely dropped the pretense and just said "Please log in between 1/7 and 1/10 and we will give you an emblem. Please, just log in ok?"

Croc

Banned
Had similar issues, ended up adding my PS4's IP to my router's DMZ.

I'll try party chat out and if I still have issues I'll give that a shot.

I guess there's the possibility it could be one of them causing the problems, since I've never had any NAT issues with my PS4 before.

I guess there's the possibility it could be one of them causing the problems, since I've never had any NAT issues with my PS4 before.

In my experience on the Xbox side, various restrictive NATs fuck up a variety of games' in-game chat that work fine with the Xbox's party chat.

darthbob

I'll try party chat out and if I still have issues I'll give that a shot.

DMZ should eliminate any router side NAT problems since it literally opens every port up to that address, but if you're still having problems then it may be your actual ISP.

Of course, you should also try a direct connection to your modem if you have a standalone modem.

Edit: Top of page, worth reposting my love for the group that carried me through the HM Oryx CM fight. <3333

SWDCqUI.jpg

Aw, no horde mode would suck :X
It really would. I don't want another version of PoE or CoO. Or even a mix between the two.

I want Horde Mode. Wave after wave of ferocious enemies. Wolfpack rounds ripping through the air. The ground littered with blue and purple and yellow engrams.

Twilight Gap. Rusted Lands. Widow's Court. Bannerfall. The old battlefields of Earth overrun by our enemies once again.

It even fits into the lore.

Top Bottom