• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
harsh words tyler. Last I was in was the one before TTK, so if there hasn't been one since that was the last yep

Namikaze1

I was stuck loading into the tower for 6 freaking minutes. -___-
I recorded that shit wanting to know exactly how long I spent watching the loading screen. It was a little over 6 minutes. When did this get BB's level loading times?

I kept waiting for an error message that never came. Not even a contacting destiny server message pop up at the bottom.
When was the last Mythocast even? Just before TTK came out, right? I suppose that's enough time lol.
I believe July last year.

I was stuck loading into the tower for 6 freaking minutes. -___-
I recorded that shit wanting to know exactly how long I spent watching the loading screen. It was a little over 6 minutes. When did this get BB's level loading times?

I kept waiting for an error message that never came. Not even a contacting destiny server message pop up at the bottom.

I believe July last year.

Would have been quicker to reboot the game.

We were really bad at getting episodes out, weren't we? 😂

you were in the one I listened to...very low and distant.

but you were there! maybe it was the second one? I dunno.

Haha that's what I meant. I was on the phone instead of using a mic. That was rectified by the second one.

Namikaze1

Would have been quicker to reboot the game.

We were really bad at getting episodes out, weren't we? 😂
I wasn't even paying attention to the screen. Was reading Discord at the time. Looked up once and was like "why the fuck am I still loading in?" and promptly return to reading Discord.

The exact time was 6 minutes and 55 seconds spent loading in. Game should have booted me midway through that.

We tended to take procrastinate on episodes a lot.

Namikaze1

we should do it before sept. is more info coming out between now and then?

I think Game Informer is still releasing information slowly. We know enough that we can talk about it whenever though.
They're doing it all month long.

Plus we still have Gamescom to look forward to where most of the focus will be on the PvP. Bungie has mentioned that they got an announcement saved up for it. From GI, it's something many fans has been asking for. Pretty much points towards custom games since that's been the most requested thing since launch.

NastyBook

A 323 Hung Jury and the new Lord High Fixer after turning in packages? That's what I like about coming back to Destiny after a long hiatus.

Deku Tree

A 323 Hung Jury and the new Lord High Fixer after turning in packages? That's what I like about coming back to Destiny after a long hiatus.

Hung Jury is only as good as the OG perks that the vendor used to sell.

They're doing it all month long.

Plus we still have Gamescom to look forward to where most of the focus will be on the PvP. Bungie has mentioned that they got an announcement saved up for it. From GI, it's something many fans has been asking for. Pretty much points towards custom games since that's been the most requested thing since launch.

Last year they said they had a PvP announcement that many fans had been asking for too...

I wish there were more helmets as dope as this one, with the colourful animated logo:

fwc_hunter_female_helmet_1438611320.png

I wasn't even paying attention to the screen. Was reading Discord at the time. Looked up once and was like "why the fuck am I still loading in?" and promptly return to reading Discord.

The exact time was 6 minutes and 55 seconds spent loading in. Game should have booted me midway through that.

We tended to take procrastinate on episodes a lot.

Have I been out of the game too long to get a Discord invite? 😄

Namikaze1

Hung Jury is only as good as the OG perks that the vendor used to sell.

Last year they said they had a PvP announcement that many fans had been asking for too...
This is not like last year at all. Unlike Rift, they went and revealed the new game mode they have through GI while also teasing about an exciting pvp announcement. And then there's Jason hinting about it as well.

This is not like last year at all. Unlike Rift, they went and revealed the new game mode they have through GI while also teasing about an exciting pvp announcement. And then there's Jason hinting about it as well.

I wouldn't doubt if it was a custom mode. Even a basic one~

It'd definitely be the time to do it as well, seeing as we're on the eve of Destiny 2 next year.

TL;DR: What should I be working toward if I haven't played since January? What gear / weapons are essential to get as a Warlock?

Hey Destiny-GAF! I've sunk over 500 hours into Destiny but burned out pretty heavily this past January. I haven't played since then so I totally missed the spring update that raised the light cap and so on.

I've done everything in the game in Taken King, even did the raid once on normal.

Is there anything I should be working towards, weapon wise, armor wise, that everyone knows you should have?

I primarily remember everyone asking if peeps had Ghally's when going in to do raids or poe during year 1, but is there an equivalent to that now where everyone expects you to have certain gear or weapons for missions?

I haven't done all of those special hidden objectives that would unlock rare exotics in certain daily missions (forgot what they were called).

Any info would be awesome. I just love this game so much and it feels weird being away from it for such a long while. Can't wait for the new DLC.

vctor182

TL;DR: What should I be working toward if I haven't played since January? What gear / weapons are essential to get as a Warlock?

Any info would be awesome. I just love this game so much and it feels weird being away from it for such a long while. Can't wait for the new DLC.
Welcome back man, try doing Prison of elders or challenge of elders for legendary gear

Dez_

Good games everyone. Cycling through a variety of weapons is tough to adjust to, but man it's fun to experiment... when I can actually kill people.

Still suck as a Titan. I swear, ever since DThomp compared Titan melee's to T-rex arms, I've whiffed so many close quarters encounters...

Top Bottom