• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

X-Frame

So there is no reason for me to horde high-light infusion fuel items anymore, right?

If almost instantly with RoI I'm going to be finding blues higher than 335 then I may as well purge my inventory.

Got nothing meaningful for like two days of constant playing.

Then got Party Crasher from PvP, got enough legendary marks to buy Paleocontact, and Xur showed up with Apotheosis Veil in the span of like 10 minutes.

Thank you RNGesus

CpGjNAdXgAAqdtC

For some reason all these pics of great loot left "unlocked" make me uneasy. :p

edit: Might as well throw my Eyasluna roll in here...

TrueSight/SureShot/QuickDraw IS
Danger Close
Hand Loaded/Explosive Rounds/Rifled Barrel
Mulligan

Xur is located in the tower section closest to the speaker.

He has, along with his usual stuff:

- Year 1 engram primary weapon
- No Backup Plans (Titan gauntlets)
- Graviton Forgeit (Hunter helmet)
- Apoetheosis Veil (Warlock helmet)
-Zhalo Supercell (primary arc damage auto rifle)

Deku Tree

How long would it take me to delete a character and then grind back up to lvl40 and max out three subclasses and then grind a faction up to rank 25?

Jinjo

Excellent vid by Triplewreck.

This is just insane.

How long would it take me to delete a character and then grind back up to lvl40 and max out three subclasses and then grind a faction up to rank 25?

Don't do this yo. I did this when TTK launched. Lv40 is not difficult, but grinding out all your subclasses just takes an insane amount of time. I did divide my gaming time over 3 characters, but it took me a month or two of casual playing to get my Titan back up to speed. Let's say about 30 hours perhaps. And it's still not rank 25 in a faction.

Just don't.

Lee

A long time (or a very short time, $75, and 2,500 motes of light)

If you do, keep in mind that below lvl 30, the TTK exotic class items that are supposed to increase XP gains actually do the opposite and reduce them. Above lvl 30 they start to work as intended.

Deku Tree

Wow I just did a PoE 260 LL with Randos. These things take too long... wasn't worth it... Why do I gotta do 5 rounds but CoE is only 3?

GutZ31

Wow I just did a PoE 260 LL with Randos. These things take too long... wasn't worth it... Why do I gotta do 5 rounds but CoE is only 3?
They should make it 7 rounds, and after round 2, you start getting gear for each completed room.
7 only because Bungie loves that number, I would be fine with 4.

I still have my Khostov in the vault. It's kinda cool that they're bringing it back, and it's even better that it's so customized. It's definitely going to be one of the first things I do after finishing the main quest. I actually might take the original into the Crucible tonight if I can pull myself away from the Division for a bit.

I still have my Khostov in the vault. It's kinda cool that they're bringing it back, and it's even better that it's so customized. It's definitely going to be one of the first things I do after finishing the main quest. I actually might take the original into the Crucible tonight if I can pull myself away from the Division for a bit.

I took mine in here a while back...it hits for like...2 :) lol

Tjamato88

Build your own Khovstov!

Scope
Classic Scope – The original Khvostov scope. Optimized for range and stability
Modernized Scope – Grants additional zoom and target acquisition

Firing Mode
Automatic – Sets firing behavior to fully automatic
Burst Fire – Sets firing behavior to burst
Semi Auto – Sets firing behavior to semi-automatic with higher muzzle velocity

Frame Options
Hammer Forged – Improved range and accuracy
Rifled Barrel – Increased range; Slower reload
Braced Frame – Increased stability; Reduced magazine size

Extras
Extended Mag – A larger magazine
Counterbalance – This weapon has increased stability
Rangefinder – Aiming this weapon increases its effective range

RPM
450 RPM – Sets firing behavior to 450 RPM. Grants bonus range
900 RPM – Sets firing behavior to 900 RPM. Grants bonus stability

I'm going with Modernized Scope, Burst Fire, Hammer Forged, Counterbalance and 900 RPM

Dave_6

Build your own Khovstov!

Scope
Classic Scope – The original Khvostov scope. Optimized for range and stability
Modernized Scope – Grants additional zoom and target acquisition

Firing Mode
Automatic – Sets firing behavior to fully automatic
Burst Fire – Sets firing behavior to burst
Semi Auto – Sets firing behavior to semi-automatic with higher muzzle velocity

Frame Options
Hammer Forged – Improved range and accuracy
Rifled Barrel – Increased range; Slower reload
Braced Frame – Increased stability; Reduced magazine size

Extras
Extended Mag – A larger magazine
Counterbalance – This weapon has increased stability
Rangefinder – Aiming this weapon increases its effective range

RPM
450 RPM – Sets firing behavior to 450 RPM. Grants bonus range
900 RPM – Sets firing behavior to 900 RPM. Grants bonus stability

I'm going with Modernized Scope, Burst Fire, Hammer Forged, Counterbalance and 900 RPM

I'm definitely more excited to try this out than getting the Hypehorn back. Looked like the Doctrine as far as rate of fire when it was on 900 rpm.

Khvostov is a good sign they've realised the y2 exotics were uninspired as fuck. Hopefully more to come.

Agreed...being able to tune your own weapon is a nice change from choosing between 3 or 4 to achieve the same results. This is as an exotic should be. Hope it's not the only one that takes this approach. It might be in the beginning as Bungie makes this an experiment.

shermas

I'm getting closer and closer to doing this with my hunter.. Dump everything in the vault, delete, start over. I have two humans and one exo. Might be time for an awoken Hunter. The subclass grind is really what's holding me back.

Lee

I'm getting closer and closer to doing this with my hunter.. Dump everything in the vault, delete, start over. I have two humans and one exo. Might be time for an awoken Hunter. The subclass grind is really what's holding me back.

Bungie has your back

On a serious note, I know the GI article says "Players only need to find one of these weapon parts," but it also references there being multiple parts scattered around. If I were going to restart a character, I might get the Khostov, vault it, start over, get another, vault it... I don't know, probably crazy but couldn't hurt (outside of wasting an hour or so - and what's an hour to a Destiny player willing to restart a character anyways).

Agreed...being able to tune your own weapon is a nice change from choosing between 3 or 4 to achieve the same results. This is as an exotic should be. Hope it's not the only one that takes this approach. It might be in the beginning as Bungie makes this an experiment.

Bungie learning from The Division? What in the what....lol

NeOak

Also no one posts creepy dude selling shady stuff anymore:

No backup plans
Graviton Forfeit
Apotheosis Veil
Zhallo Supercell
Legacy Primary engram

More like, you don't read the thread lol

Xur is located in the tower section closest to the speaker.

He has, along with his usual stuff:

- Year 1 engram primary weapon
- No Backup Plans (Titan gauntlets)
- Graviton Forgeit (Hunter helmet)
- Apoetheosis Veil (Warlock helmet)
-Zhalo Supercell (primary arc damage auto rifle)

Top Bottom