• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Hedera

Bungie teasing me with that valsgarde shader on today's update. I've been wanting that one so bad.

This one btw
d505a2c1d236fc0d14edcf73757f94be.jpg

Bungie teasing me with that valsgarde shader on today's update. I've been wanting that one so bad.

This one btw

I was wondering what that shader was! It looked sweet. I need to check if I have it.

*EDIT* Yep I've got that one. Need to give it a spin I think. Only shaders I am missing are Kings Pyre, Cyan Stars and Debt Unpaid.

Dez_

Is it true that I can get the Raiding Party achievement in PoE? Which version do we have to do? Because I know I've done level 42 Challenge with clan members and the achievement didn't pop.

I can confirm that this does work. Just did this a few days ago on year 1 PoE. I did the lv 32 one. CoE does not work for some reason.

darthbob

This one btw

Got it to drop from Cryptarch Rank Up Package # 129. Good luck to all.

How many of you badasses did fears embrace on your own?

This mission is crazy.

Solo'd it, probably took 3-4 tries, was hella difficult but also hella rewarding (ToM)

Reminded me of Halo 1's Legendary difficulty fights.

Mindlog

BWU

dat iron banana starter ship :O
Was hoping for something. Going to need a lot from Gamescom.
Right now the only thing that still has my interest is the new Raid.

This mission is crazy.
S Tier Destiny mission. One of my favorites.
Most of Destiny's difficult encounters are built around peek-and-shoot. Spending so much time waiting for an opportunity then waiting for health regen is boring. Fear's Embrace tries to slam you with enemies and hazards to keep you moving. It's the slightest taste of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!'s stellar encounter design. I would put the creator of Fear's Embrace final encounter in charge of overall mission design.

Was hoping for something. Going to need a lot from Gamescom.
Right now the only thing that still has my interest is the new Raid.

S Tier Destiny mission. One of my favorites.
Most of Destiny's difficult encounters are built around peek-and-shoot. Spending so much time waiting for an opportunity then waiting for health regen is boring. Fear's Embrace tries to slam you with enemies and hazards to keep you moving. It's the slightest taste of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!'s stellar encounter design. I would put the creator of Fear's Embrace final encounter in charge of overall mission design.

I beat it, 5 tries. Makes you think at the end I was more mad at myself then the quest. I do agree great encounters.

I did it a few times, its not so bad if you can burn down the shade quickly. Otherwise it just turns into a mess. Do you need a hand?

Thanks for the offer I finished it, post above yours.

Yeah just takes running around but not like a mad man and calculating shots. Super easy after I figured out how to do it.

Finally Hand Cannons again for IB. Time to grind after skipping the past two.

Can finally get the ghost that I keep forgetting about every time IB comes around as well. Should set a reminder in my phone this time.

adin75

This mission is crazy.

Twice, once at around 310ish, was hard as hell, and again recently for a friend, was much easier being a 330.

You can pretty much run to the final room, no need to kill all the enemies.

Did you get it done yet or do you need some help?

Twice, once at around 310ish, was hard as hell, and again recently for a friend, was much easier being a 330.

You can pretty much run to the final room, no need to kill all the enemies.

Did you get it done yet or do you need some help?

Got it done on my fifth attempt it was a mess though. Kinda feels good that I did it solo.

XenoRaven

The only way Fear's Embrace could ever be considered fun is with a fireteam or on a Titan. If you solo as a Hunter, you might as well schedule your doctor's appointment in advance.

The only way Fear's Embrace could ever be considered fun is with a fireteam or on a Titan. If you solo as a Hunter, you might as well schedule your doctor's appointment in advance.

Grenades and smoke as nightstalker to slow enemies down as you clear in front of you. Bow with shared damage to help clear. Shadestep like a mofo and hit boss hard and fast.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Just pre-ordered RoI. Getting really excited, especially for the new social space and new OST. I can't wait for TTK stuff to disappear. As such, I haven't been playing nearly as much. The only thing I want to do before 9/20 is get to Mercury. I need that cat emblem bad. Hopefully there will be folks doing runs as we get closer to launch.

I'm curious, how are you all on OT 41? Is it the same people keeping it alive, or is there a variety?
The lack of in game LFG helps this thread a lot. Also, yeah, it's mostly just the same people but the few people that are here have kept it going.

Although it's been very slow lately due to lack of content and more and more people leaving the game.

I'm curious, how are you all on OT 41? Is it the same people keeping it alive, or is there a variety?

As the OTs have gone by there are a lot of familiar faces in each. But always new people becoming regular contributors. E.g I lurked loads from about OT4 but this one will be the first one I will make the wall of shame.

Just pre-ordered RoI. Getting really excited, especially for the new social space and new OST. I can't wait for TTK stuff to disappear. As such, I haven't been playing nearly as much. The only thing I want to do before 9/20 is get to Mercury. I need that cat emblem bad. Hopefully there will be folks doing runs as we get closer to launch.

Damn Mercury, I should do that as well.

So...Patience and Time.

Radar stays active during ADS
Active camouflage during ADS
Full stability

If I were any good at this game, this thing would be unfair.

Oh Sony is acting like Apple now.

Nah, the whole debate around cross-platform seems to be a big lie. The Bombcast had the Iron Galaxy guys on (who do Killer Instinct) and went into it in detail this week - even when it's cross platform, nobody's going to be allowing matchmaking with friends. It's just going to add a wider pool of randoms. There are problems like voice chat using different codecs, increased latency, questions around who pays for intermediary servers, etc.

And MS can talk all they want, but they have a TON to lose if they open up the friends list. Half the reason anybody stuck with Xbox One was because that's where their friends list was. If you can suddenly bail to PS4 without having to give that up, then the only things keeping people on Xbox are their gamer score and Halo games increasingly fewer people care about. Which is why they said neither Sony nor MS are willing to open up the friends list for matchmaking in reality. Especially if you bring in PC, where nobody's making money off online service subscriptions.

Publishers want it because in theory it won't split player bases, which should have an effect on the number of people playing, talking about and evangelizing their game. But platform holders know it can't be something they make the new norm, especially for a major sales driver like Destiny.

Ji66a-Man

Got my personalized Moments of Triumph T-shirt in the mail today, except it wasn't personalized. It also didn't come with the 7-7 Ad Infinitum emblem even though I placed the order before 7/13/16.

Got my personalized Moments of Triumph T-shirt in the mail today, except it wasn't personalized. It also didn't come with the 7-7 Ad Infinitum emblem even though I placed the order before 7/13/16.

I had an issue with an order once and bungie sorted it out. But honestly I would freak if I didn't get the code after purchasing something.

Deku Tree

Nah, the whole debate around cross-platform seems to be a big lie. The Bombcast had the Iron Galaxy guys on (who do Killer Instinct) and went into it in detail this week - even when it's cross platform, nobody's going to be allowing matchmaking with friends. It's just going to add a wider pool of randoms. There are problems like voice chat using different codecs, increased latency, questions around who pays for intermediary servers, etc.

And MS can talk all they want, but they have a TON to lose if they open up the friends list. Half the reason anybody stuck with Xbox One was because that's where their friends list was. If you can suddenly bail to PS4 without having to give that up, then the only things keeping people on Xbox are their gamer score and Halo games increasingly fewer people care about. Which is why they said neither Sony nor MS are willing to open up the friends list for matchmaking in reality. Especially if you bring in PC, where nobody's making money off online service subscriptions.

Publishers want it because in theory it won't split player bases, which should have an effect on the number of people playing, talking about and evangelizing their game. But platform holders know it can't be something they make the new norm, especially for a major sales driver like Destiny.

Well then... I don't know why people are talking about Cross-Network functionality if it just gives you a larger pool of randoms to MM with... I don't see why anyone cares about that anyway unless you have a really small dwindling player base. If you can't play with your friends on the other console then all this talk is pointless IMO.

They should. But how would that work? You cant add friends cross plat I assume...

...also from all the devs who talked about it, ita on Sonys court to activate the cross platform features
They would have to direct all interaction through Bungie.net as well as maintain their own voice and matchmaking infrastructure.

Never gonna happen. Extra money from Sony for exclusives means that PS will always have a bit more content. That alone will cause issues with any cross-platform play.
This is not a huge problem. The game already has functionality to lock content per platform. For example, I had a Blacksmith shader that was a pre-order bonus on PS3, but when I logged onto PS4, it would become inactive even though it was equipped. Ideally though, these exclusives would end in a cross-platform online world.

XenoRaven

To a few of you, this is going to be me sounding like a broken record since I've been begging in Discord, but here goes:

I'm looking to knock out KF HM sometime before RoI hits. I've done regular KF like once or twice, then took a huge break from the game. It's just something I'd like to say I've done before the new content hits. If anyone is willing and able to help, I'd appreciate it!

Also, I would like to do challenge mode this week as I'd like to collect all the Calcified Fragments and supposedly this week is my last chance to do whatever challenge thingy is this week. Again, if anyone wants to help, I'd be grateful.

My PSN is XenoRaven. You can send me a message/FR on PSN, or just get in touch with me on GAF. Thanks!

So...Patience and Time.

Radar stays active during ADS
Active camouflage during ADS
Full stability

If I were any good at this game, this thing would be unfair.
Don't be fooled by the perks and stability. It's not a very good sniper. Your average 1000 yard or really most snipers will perform better. The scope is horrible on it too.

Deku Tree

Is Ji66a gonna be on the phone with Bungie Store Customer Service tomorrow?

Well then... I don't know why people are talking about Cross-Network functionality if it just gives you a larger pool of randoms to MM with... I don't see why anyone cares about that anyway unless you have a really small dwindling player base. If you can't play with your friends on the other console then all this talk is pointless IMO.

I guess because people just don't know, and neither platform holder is going to spell it out publicly.

Don't be fooled by the perks and stability. It's not a very good sniper. Your average 1000 yard or really most snipers will perform better. The scope is horrible on it too.

You're definitely right that the scope sucks ass...the "wider field of view" perk on it seems to do absolute nothing. But on the other hand, just having radar active during ADS is a huge plus if you're camping a doorway. You're ready the second someone rounds the corner, and you don't have to fear being flanked.

This is not a huge problem. The game already has functionality to lock content per platform. For example, I had a Blacksmith shader that was a pre-order bonus on PS3, but when I logged onto PS4, it would become inactive even though it was equipped. Ideally though, these exclusives would end in a cross-platform online world.

I didn't mean it as a problem on the technical side. More on a PVP balance side. Not exactly fair on the xbox side if the PS guys are running around with exclusive weapons. Especially if they are good. Cries of unfair advantage can be heard just thinking about it.

Top Bottom