• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Skele7on

Banned
Same as this one, presumably?

Wonder what surprises await!

it is the same, and I'm not aware we're allowed to even open it up to that one....

I must stress I am at work and haven't seen my box IRL yet.....

It's tomorrow at 8am I can open it.

*ohhhh dear,*

Dave_6

What's the best rocket launcher right now? I have 320 Truth but I'm considering infusing it so I can use my MMT instead.

Truth is one of the best still, especially if you play any PvP. I wouldn't use it as infusion fuel unless you have a 2nd one.

WipedOut

This thread is finally getting exciting again.

What's in the box jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

:eyes:

Gong

Eastern-EU. I ordered both pins the day after Bungie day, but they sent them out weeks later. Since together their cost was over the tax-free sum, customs of course decided to hold them... At least they finally arrived and did not get lost like some GAF members' stuff. I feel for them.

Ahh, good old customs, having a bit of fun with a parcel. They're shits but glad you got it unlike some who ended up with theirs being "lost" :-/

Tjamato88

Truth is one of the best still, especially if you play any PvP. I wouldn't use it as infusion fuel unless you have a 2nd one.

I'm just gonna have to hold out hope that I can get something else to use as infusion fuel then.

I haven't seen any heavy weapons dropping at that high a LL. I might grab The Smolder from the Crucible Quartermaster just so I have something else.

Dave_6

I'm just gonna have to hold out hope that I can get something else to use as infusion fuel then.

I haven't seen any heavy weapons dropping at that high a LL. I might grab The Smolder from the Crucible Quartermaster just so I have something else.

When TTK first dropped, it took me forever to finally get a good heavy weapon. I still don't get any decent ones nowadays unless it's one of the raid drops or the IB ones.

How is the Techeun Rage fusion rifle?

What about the Apple of Discord pulse rifle?

Or The Hothead or The Ash Factory rocket launchers?

bunch of infusion fodder?

All the new Rise of Iron stuff has my Destiny addiction acting up again. I haven't played since normal King's Fall, so I've been out for a quite some time. The biggest reason I left was that the regular group I played with were not the friendliest and I was looking for a much more fun, laid back end game content experience.

Don't get me wrong, I took raiding seriously and wanted to contribute and help, but these guys were condescending and insulting to anyone who couldn't play on their level. One particular memory stands out of me trying to get one of my IRL friends playing, got him raid ready, and tried to organize a King's Fall raid where he could learn the ropes. These guys were literally screaming at him at times for doing things less than perfect. That experience was the final straw for me and I dropped Destiny. Didn't want to have to deal with trying to rebuild a solid, semi-regular team from random trial and error with LFG.

Is there an active group of DGAFers on Xbone? I'm sorely tempted to jump back in and I'd love a good group of folks to play with. From what I've gathered in these community threads, I feel like I could actually have fun again.

Lee

Eastern-EU. I ordered both pins the day after Bungie day, but they sent them out weeks later. Since together their cost was over the tax-free sum, customs of course decided to hold them... At least they finally arrived and did not get lost like some GAF members' stuff. I feel for them.

Just got my replacement pins as well last night.

I wonder what Bungie's long term plan is for the pins/emblems. Prices on Ebay are crazy - makes me want to keep these sealed for now, but I like the emblems and will probably open them. Not looking to scalp them, just wondering if these are actually 'collectible' in the long term. Will emblem codes from Destiny 1 even work in Destiny 2? Or will the emblems in these lose all value at that point?

The back of the package says "Collect and Trade!" so I assume more 'series' of pins are coming? But what happened with all the pins Bungie used to sell, those didn't count?

8ac0b9829a463f0475a33aafb43dd7a3.jpg

I just had 3 matches where literally every time I was either insta-sniped, or someone appeared out of nowhere behind me the moment I got a kill and took me out.

I think it's time to sign off for the evening.

Dave_6

Ash Factory is great if it has the right perks, such as tripod and Grenades & Horseshoes (for PvP). Maybe if it has tracking it would be good for PvE but the aforementioned perks work well in that too.

I just had 3 matches where literally every time I was either insta-sniped, or someone appeared out of nowhere behind me the moment I got a kill and took me out.

I think it's time to sign off for the evening.

...but wait! This story has a happy ending! I landed one lone legendary engram from PvP. As I decoded it I was saying to myself "come on, Nothing Manacles with pulse rifle reload and grenade throw distance..."

And somehow I hit it.

This game is the best again.

Yeah tripod and grenades and horseshoes are pretty much the best perks for pvp and pve, with tracking being a close second to G&H.

This goes for pretty much every RL

Lee

Will be adding you shortly! My GT is HippoAvenger

Sounds good. I'll actually be on tonight, so feel free to invite me to a party or message me, although I might be grinding out games in Overwatch. I need like 40 more points if I want to be able to buy a golden gun skin at the end of the this season, which is *just* doable with the time I have to play before it ends, but I'm really not sure if I want to play that much Overwatch or just enjoy Destiny.

Although from what I hear Destiny PvP is pretty unenjoyable at the moment, but I'm always down to help people raid.

spyder_ur

Is it worth hoarding exotic engrams moving forward? I'm pretty sure they won't decode into new exotics but they should help with light levels in ROI, right?

Spades

Is it worth hoarding exotic engrams moving forward? I'm pretty sure they won't decode into new exotics but they should help with light levels in ROI, right?

Nobody knows really, but there is a chance that they could either decode to the new exotics and/or at a higher relative LL.

SGA: Xbox owners would do well to save up primary exotic engrams to get a good chance at a Jade Rabbit.

Although from what I hear Destiny PvP is pretty unenjoyable at the moment, but I'm always down to help people raid.
What's wrong with it? Rep is plentiful, drops aren't bad, the netcode is ace now (on Xbox) and matchmaking is pretty balanced provided you don't drop back to the director in between matches. I enjoy doing the Shaxxfalls every week.

SGA: Xbox owners would do well to save up primary exotic engrams to get a good chance at a Jade Rabbit.
Good idea. How is the Jade Rabbit, anyway?

Skele7on

Banned
Good idea. How is the Jade Rabbit, anyway?

It's a beast if you played Halo body body head

I'm currently playing Destiny: The Taken Box

Maybe the weekly update will shed some light...

*shrug*

Nobody knows really, but there is a chance that they could either decode to the new exotics and/or at a higher relative LL.

It'll be new named data, usually engrams would cap at 335, there will be probably another patch just before ROI at that point it maybe possible to obtain new engrams a lot like it was the couple weeks before TTK when you couldn't decrypt some engrams.

This is speculation on the past, usually it rings true, but we'll see...

Already on it. I'm 100% certain we won't get updated decodes. Have they shown guns/gear in the menu? Do they have iron logos on the top right corner?

Lee

What's wrong with it? Rep is plentiful, drops aren't bad, the netcode is ace now (on Xbox) and matchmaking is pretty balanced provided you don't drop back to the director in between matches. I enjoy doing the Shaxxfalls every week.

I was just referring to the sentiment the last few pages that PvP is particularly laggy and frustrating right now. Good to hear that hasn't been your experience. Hopefully I can get some games in with you guys tonight.

Is it true that I can get the Raiding Party achievement in PoE? Which version do we have to do? Because I know I've done level 42 Challenge with clan members and the achievement didn't pop.

I was just referring to the sentiment the last few pages that PvP is particularly laggy and frustrating right now. Good to hear that hasn't been your experience. Hopefully I can get some games in with you guys tonight.
I think most of that comes from PS4 players. Xbox has been smooth sailing for a long time. In fact, I don't recall ever having significant netcode issues since launch.

Lee

Is it true that I can get the Raiding Party achievement in PoE? Which version do we have to do? Because I know I've done level 42 Challenge with clan members and the achievement didn't pop.

If I recall, it would pop for Skolas but not the lower level ones. Not sure if that's the case anymore. Crota's end with 3 would be pretty easy. I remember early in Destiny on a VoG run everyone grabbing their laptops and making a spur of the moment clan to join right before gatekeepers for that achievement (and the one guy who couldn't figure it out, of course, taking 10 minutes of step-by-step instructions). Good times.

Top Bottom