• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Can someone give me a dummie's guide to Trials?

I've never done it and haven't paid any attention to it. What is it, how does it work, when can I play it, etc?

JJShadow

Hi there DestinyGAF! I introduce myself to the community, as I have recently bought the Legendary Edition and I'll be starting the game today. I was really looking forward to playing the game since some months ago, but now that I have some free time I think it's the perfect moment to get into it

I know a big part of the Destiny experience is playing with a group, so it would be really nice if I could meet some of you online to play together. My PSN ID is JJShadow77, hope to see you all in the game!

aarcane

I just hope this is back. Favorite Hunter cloak besides Shattered.

ei_LOm5_O.jpg

I never had one of these in Y1, always wanted one though.

Lee

Can someone give me a dummie's guide to Trials?

I've never done it and haven't paid any attention to it. What is it, how does it work, when can I play it, etc?

Edit: You should read the link above. My explanation doesn't do it justice. Practice in the Elimination playlist would be my advice.

X-Frame

Has there been any confirmation if TTK exotic armors will finally change with shaders in RoI?

Hopefully if so, that also the new exotic armor pieces also change and that we don't have to wait another year for that QoL change.

I need my black Twilight Garrison!

DocSeuss

I need to run challenge mode and I'm ready to go. I don't suppose anyone's gonna be raiding this weekend? I'm a 314 Hunter or something. Haven't played in a while due to severe health stuff. Chronic pain is annoying, but this is one of my few good weekends, so I'm really wanting to try to get it taken care of. Other than some reports I have to write this weekend, I can raid whenever. Right now, tomorrow, literally whenever. I hope 314 is high enough. I've got Touch of Malice if that matters.

I'm Squiddity on PSN.

Hi there DestinyGAF! I introduce myself to the community, as I have recently bought the Legendary Edition and I'll be starting the game today. I was really looking forward to playing the game since some months ago, but now that I have some free time I think it's the perfect moment to get into it

I know a big part of the Destiny experience is playing with a group, so it would be really nice if I could meet some of you online to play together. My PSN ID is JJShadow77, hope to see you all in the game!

Welcome to the community! This group is pretty awesome for helping each other out with Raids and what not. If you ever need help let us know! We'll jump on and help ya!

Deku Tree

Perfect, thank you.

Any Trials gear recommendations for a titan?

Personally I think Strikers are the strongest subclass so I'd recommend either:

-Crest of Alpha Lupi: (always helpful, but remember you only need two on a team to have all revives be fast)

-Armamentarium: Lightning nades are incredibly strong especially on certain maps so having two can help you get a kill after tagging someone with your first nade. They also have such crazy hit boxes that people don't know where it's safe to stand. Make sure to place them mainly on walls to maximize the spread.

-Twilight Garrison: Personally I don't like it anymore since the cooldown nerf (same with Shadestep) but it's still a good option, especially when combined with Juggernaut shotty and a very aggressive playstyle.

For other armor, I recommend a 5-5-1 build with a helmet that has Super energy on revives, gauntlets that have grenade throw distance and increased reload speed for whatever primary you use, chest with Arc subclass armor increase and more ammo for your special weapon of choice, then boots with Second Wind and rocket ammo.

For weapons, I'd recommend either TLW for an aggressive primary or Mida for support/speed/more passive role. TLW + sniper + Shoulder Charge or Mida + shotty + Juggernaut are two very strong combos. Then use your favorite legendary rocket launcher of choice that ideally has Javelin, Field Scout and Tripod (so you actually get 3 rockets with rocket ammo boots).

Anyway, hope that helps. Let me know if you have follow up questions. My other main advice for Trials is to find a consistent team of three to play with if possible, although this is admittedly easier said than done. Good luck!

Deku Tree

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=149615390&postcount=11414

Gjallarhorn!

That was my post when I got my first horn on 01-28-2015. Some responses:

Woooooooooooooooo

We need 1 more for Weeklyx2!

Join in!

Cosmos_Man

I got it doing my regular NF 3x Weekly 3x with our long lost friend Cosmos... If memory serves he got a No Land Beyond (but he already had three horns...)

Need 1 more for full Crota HM raid.

Finally gratz!

I don't believe you. Not enough hype. Post should be: JIDJW IJIJ!J!I JP!J BALLLLERRRR HOOORRNNNNNNNNN !

haha congrats Deku !!!

You have completed the best exotic in each class trifecta. Congratulations!

That's about as much enthusiasm as getting a free shard.

I've decided from here on out that when someone on this thread says something like "HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT THE GJALLAHORN!!!" that I'm just going to tell that person to go fuck themselves with a rusty shiv.

Please don't take it personally. It's nothing against you or your reaction (it's the same reaction I would have). It's just a manifestation of my jealousy.

You missed Deku's post about getting Gjallarhorn. No gif, only 1 exclamation point, and no CAPS EXCITMENT anywhere to be found.

Lol Deku is as cool as a Cucumber.
I've never seen anything like it.

It's just a rocket launcher.

TBH looking at these posts makes me feel like the Destiny OT used to have more soul.

pantsmith

So, whats the fastest way to get and fully charge an Antiquated Rune?

I need a fully charged one for next week, and just noticed I discarded the four or five I had sitting in my vault.

todd360

My sister just sent me a picture of the new destiny gameinformer. They sent it to her even though I updated my game informer subscription address and even set up mail forwarding with USPS. This is some bullshit. Now I have to wait for my sister to come visit at the beginning of next month before I can read it.

shermas

I need a fully charged one for next week, and just noticed I discarded the four or five I had sitting in my vault.

I think you can pick them up during patrols/battles on the dreadnaught. Charging them takes a while, though. You have to summon and fight those named taken that spawn near the floating grenades and I think you can only get one charge per day. So it takes a week to fully charge a rune (unless I'm mistaken).

My sister just sent me a picture of the new destiny gameinformer. They sent it to her even though I updated my game informer subscription address and even set up mail forwarding with USPS. This is some bullshit. Now I have to wait for my sister to come visit at the beginning of next month before I can read it.

She can't mail it to you? Next Day shipping or what not?

Deku Tree

The fastest way is to find someone who has a fully charged one and help them do it. You can fully charge yours in one go.

pantsmith

I think you can pick them up during patrols/battles on the dreadnaught. Charging them takes a while, though. You have to summon and fight those named taken that spawn near the floating grenades and I think you can only get one charge per day. So it takes a week to fully charge a rune (unless I'm mistaken).

The fastest way is to find someone who has a fully charged one and help them do it. You can fully charge yours in one go.

Awesome, thanks guys.

So my brother was talking to me about the Rise of Iron stream they did.....

Is the new area basically just the cosmodrome with snow but then some areas added on?

bitsurugi

Sniper Rolls

Finally got a decent Longbow roll (third drop total): Shortgaze + Snapshot is good enough, Unflinching is nice bonus and Guerilla Fighter is the god-perk as we all know by now:

I would so prefer the Y Longbow over the 1k or LDR, but if i am correct, you can't get 12 sniper bullets at start with Y, even if you use Armentarium or Starfire, which is a big no-go for my personal taste.

Another minor, tiny, tinsy issue i have with Y longobow is..... it just doesn't want to drop for me :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Alright whos been sending me Destiny Game invites @4-5AM EST

That's my Waifu and MOBA (Paragon) time

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I have one on each char, if you need
No clue if it will count...

Raide

Well, just got the digital version on Xbox One. 24.99. Will start fresh and see how we get on and then see if ROI is worth grabbing.

You guys got me thinking about those good ol year one days talking about gjallarhorn. I remember getting bombarded with hate mail when I got mine :)

I do miss that hype of getting exotics (non-engram) at the end of crucible games back then.

I've been using the Hunter's Nightstalker subclass recently, and I wondered if veterans over here had suggestions on the stats regarding what works best in PVE.

Solo PvE: continue to use lockdown
Group PvE: use light of the pack

Keen scout is great on patrol for finding chests, but I find the AI much smarter than humans so that the 'hunted' marker isn't as useful. I would use predator instead, if only to reduce the cool down of shadow shot.

When playing in a group, Skyburners Annex is a great hat— you'll be everyone's best friend.

Comms

Neo Member
You guys got me thinking about those good ol year one days talking about gjallarhorn. I remember getting bombarded with hate mail when I got mine :)

I do miss that hype of getting exotics (non-engram) at the end of crucible games back then.

I bought mine on the second week of xur on a punt. :)

Top Bottom