• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I would so prefer the Y Longbow over the 1k or LDR, but if i am correct, you can't get 12 sniper bullets at start with Y, even if you use Armentarium or Starfire, which is a big no-go for my personal taste.

Another minor, tiny, tinsy issue i have with Y longobow is..... it just doesn't want to drop for me :)

Yeah the 12 sniper bullet trick doesn't work with Longbow which makes the 1kYS always my go-to for 6s. Quest stare has been a Y2 workhorse for me but I really like that new 1kYS roll for the crazy AA. Special ammo is basically never an issue for me in Trials though so the Longbow has been my recent go-to in that mode.

As much as I'd love a Shortgaze, Snapshot, HH Longbow I'm gonna count my lucky stars for my current roll considering how bad the odds are overall.

Btw it was fun playing a few games today, especially that last one on Widows. Good to have you back around these parts! :p

Thank you! better late then never eh? Haha

Wait... So what was the las trophy you got on your Warlock inventory screen that triggered the GLord screenshot? Was it maxing out a Warlock subclass? o_O

If so then I applaud you sir for leaving the least important trophy for last! :eyes:

Raide

Nearly downloaded. I had all 3 classes at 30 with a bit of light level but I feel like I want to start fresh. Can I just unload all my gears etc and delete without issues?

I need to run challenge mode and I'm ready to go. I don't suppose anyone's gonna be raiding this weekend? I'm a 314 Hunter or something. Haven't played in a while due to severe health stuff. Chronic pain is annoying, but this is one of my few good weekends, so I'm really wanting to try to get it taken care of. Other than some reports I have to write this weekend, I can raid whenever. Right now, tomorrow, literally whenever. I hope 314 is high enough. I've got Touch of Malice if that matters.

I'm Squiddity on PSN.

314 is plenty for NM or HM Challenge. I was gonna Sherpa a Oryx HM clear this weekend sometime to help a fellow DGAF'er get the HM Oryx clear he needs for Triumphs. Let's start a group!

What: CM Golgy + HM Oryx clear (note: this will be one run, both on HM)
When: anytime this weekend, even today if we can get a full group
Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

I'll keep an eye on the thread and we can run whenever.

Hedera

314 is plenty for NM or HM Challenge. I was gonna Sherpa a Oryx CM clear this weekend sometime to help a fellow DGAF'er get the HM Oryx and CM Oryx clears he needs for Triumphs. Let's start a group!

What: HM Oryx / CM Oryx clear (note: this will be one run, the CM strat is standard practice to clear HM)
Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

This week CM is Golgy though.

Marvel

could never
Wait... So what was the las trophy you got on your Warlock inventory screen that triggered the GLord screenshot? Was it maxing out a Warlock subclass? o_O

If so then I applaud you sir for leaving the least important trophy for last! :eyes:
I just hit my inventory when the trophy popped, freak timing. Wooflock been maxed forever lol xD

I also just got my exotic sword with the help of my friends, today was a great day!

NeOak

314 is plenty for NM or HM Challenge. I was gonna Sherpa a Oryx HM clear this weekend sometime to help a fellow DGAF'er get the HM Oryx clear he needs for Triumphs. Let's start a group!

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

Hold me a spot. If I can't make it, a friend needs Golgy for MoT Y2, he just can't get a raid going.

It... it is done. Ty to my bae's for helping the last step. This community has been great since day 1.

lPhlr1Z.jpg

Awesome, congrats mate!

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) Ruthless

Putting myself as 6th in case you don't find enough to fill up..

Melchiah

Solo PvE: continue to use lockdown
Group PvE: use light of the pack

Keen scout is great on patrol for finding chests, but I find the AI much smarter than humans so that the 'hunted' marker isn't as useful. I would use predator instead, if only to reduce the cool down of shadow shot.

When playing in a group, Skyburners Annex is a great hat— you'll be everyone's best friend.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them the next time.

I always forget to change from the Keen Scout when I'm doing something other than patrols.

I was surprised I could hold the yellow-bar Hive, that storm from the caves at Dreadnaught, at bay by myself with the subclass. That's something I've never been able to do with any other class or subclass.

Dez_

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

Depends on what time you're looking to start, but I should be able to help out later today. I've got all the triumphs, too, so if there's someone else here that needs it, they can take my spot.
psn: rcmDez

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) Dez
5.) TheNegativeDude
6.) open

Add me Drizzay!!!!

SpecX

Man it's only been a week, but feels like a lifetime since I've played. What's this I hear about IB being next week? Seriously Bungie? I'm going to be out of the country and will miss out. What's the last day for Y2 Triumphs? I still need to complete a CoE card.

Kalamari

With Bungie, and Destiny, it always sounds nice but in the end once you have the game in your hands then there is always a catch that they didn't tell you about.

Exactly this. Bungie thinks these carrots-on-a-stick keep everyone playing longer when in reality it just makes the game more frustrating.

bitsurugi

Yeah the 12 sniper bullet trick doesn't work with Longbow which makes the 1kYS always my go-to for 6s. Quest stare has been a Y2 workhorse for me but I really like that new 1kYS roll for the crazy AA. Special ammo is basically never an issue for me in Trials though so the Longbow has been my recent go-to in that mode.

As much as I'd love a Shortgaze, Snapshot, HH Longbow I'm gonna count my lucky stars for my current roll considering how bad the odds are overall.

Btw it was fun playing a few games today, especially that last one on Widows. Good to have you back around these parts! :p

Likewise, good games, always fun to do a DGAF train!

bitsurugi

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

I am game, when did you mean to start (EU timezone, can stay up till late, but not like 6am :D)?

NastyBook

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

There still room on this? Haven't played the raid since February, so I would be a bit rusty.

Marvel

could never
And thank you Deku xD

So right now I am going through a fashion crisis, trying to make my Titan look like an oldschool astronaught, kinda tricky. Got most of what I need but as usual you always miss the parts you want the most aha!

With Bungie, and Destiny, it always sounds nice but in the end once you have the game in your hands then there is always a catch that they didn't tell you about.

You mean, sometimes. There were definitely some excellent QOL updates over the past year, and there were no catches to them.

It said - wouldn't it be cool if you could pick weapons or armour from faction rank up packages - followed by a pic showing the interface for that. In other words, they announced a feature that sounds really good.

Obviously they will have random perks. But that would deffo be a good step forward. I'm personally fed up of getting antionmy from my NM packages.

The April update leveling system is pretty cool. Having a 50% chance to get a 334 when your 335 isn't.

The infusion mechanic?

You're talking about engram decodes.

As far as that piece of it, yeah, it's a bit of a head scratcher. I still think it's not intentional, but they haven't been in a hurry to fix it if I am right on that.

That being said, the guarantee that drops are above your overall current light is the best part of that change.

Deku Tree

The infusion mechanic?

You're talking about engram decodes.

As far as that piece of it, yeah, it's a bit of a head scratcher. I still think it's not intentional, but they haven't been in a hurry to fix it if I am right on that.

That being said, the guarantee that drops are above your overall current light is the best part of that change.

True

SheHateMe

Nice paint, but I'll keep my Chasing Infinity

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3FoJfUU.png[/IMG]

Meant to talk about this yesterday but I got caught up.

I haven't seen anyone else with it outside of NeOak and myself; every so often when I do Crucible, I get a message or two about it.

Sorry for the super late message.

SonComet

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

Hey Drizz, it looks like this might be full, but if not or you end up needing someone please send an invite to airjimmy90. He still needs his Golgi CM and doesn't have a GAF account.

Deku Tree

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

genewut.png

Thanks for everyone that hung out in the stream, apologies for the terrible connections and boring hard scope rounds but welcome to Destiny, womp womp. At least we didn't choke that last game, GGs everyone!

I'll probably be up for a little more Trials this weekend but I've just played way too much BShrine Trials in my life to have much motivation this weekend.

dyergram

So I have done Coe this week and got a armour peice and a heavy weapon is it worth running again is there more drops to drop? Or should I just wait for reset?

DocSeuss

Weird question, but are there any ways to get some of the old strike ship drops? Do they still drop? I only see the ships I've already earned in the vendor.

Derp... good point. Well, we can still do a CM Golgy + HM Oryx clear assuming enough people want CM Golgy.

I updated my original post accordingly. Thanks!

Thanks for considering me! I definitely need both.

Trakan

XenoRaven

Who:
1.) DrDrizzay101
2.) Xeno
3.) Squiddity
4.) open
5.) open
6.) open

Any time this weekend is good for me, but the best time would probably be Saturday evening EST. Not sure what everyone else's availability is.

Also thanks for this. I appreciate it.

vid

With thirty-eight days to go, how impossible would you guys say it is to get from Light 254 to a completed Moments of Triumphs list?

The race to complete the triumphs within a few weeks was one of my Destiny highlights last year, but looking at the list this year has me thinking I probably should have started that grind a bit sooner...

Top Bottom