• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If the rest of the week is like I'm done with IB this go. Not going to subject myself and others to this garbage. It's not enough that casuals can enjoy this mode because of the light level requirement but then you have them exposed to all these technical issues.

biteren

my internet chose the best time to be a piece of shit

Titanfall 2 stream was illegible garbage and iron banner is a near unplayable mess

ugh...

Wallach

I guess I have like a month to do this year 2 Triumph thing. Not sure I will even bother as it wants an Oryx kill on Hard and I don't know if I have enough desire to go back there. I guess it also wants the long PvP quest chain done and I definitely don't think I have the desire to sit through all that.

I'm ready for some new items. Is the light level cap going up again with Rise of Iron?

NeOak

If the rest of the week is like I'm done with IB this go. Not going to subject myself and others to this garbage. It's not enough that casuals can enjoy this mode because of the light level requirement but then you have them exposed to all these technical issues.

Play with me tomorrow.

Ryck

Jumped on my ps3 to see how it was and now can't connect at all. Error code Weasel.

I seperated my account earlier but I can still log in right?

Ugh. Patch/server work a week or two ago meant Destiny on my Xbox dumps me to the home screen whenever my partner launches Destiny.

This evening we couldn't join the same fireteam, even after moving one of the xboxes off the LAN. Seemed to have resolved itself a few hours later, but it was infuriating.

Sleep it off scrub.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is what Destiny needs. Red Bar for a certain amount of time and bam.

CqB-SDhWcAEkHTf.jpg

Ballistic

I concur, half of my shots wouldn't register. At times it was utterly laughable because auto rifles were seemingly firing like HC's and vice versa. My internet was garbo tonight.

Ji66a-Man

Since reset group is still dad, anyone down for KF HM from totems to Oryx CM? To avoid last week's less than fun run, here's some prereqs before signing up.

1) Are you at least 310+ LL?
2) Have you cleared KF HM at least 5 times?
3) Do you have a high-impact sniper rifle and machine gun?
4) Do you know how to platform on Daughters?
5) Do you know how to kill Light-Eater Knights and adds?

If you answered yes to all 5, feel free to sign up. This is not a sherpa run. I am not here to teach you how to raid. If you want sherpa or Oryx CM carry runs, hit up Hawkian or DrDrizzay101.

Edit: Dad for tonight. Will try again tomorrow.

NastyBook

CqB-SDhWcAEkHTf.jpg
Wow, damn. Finally getting serious about RQing. Good. And yes, Destiny definitely needs something to curb the rampant lag switching. Shit's hilarious watching lag switch between different players during the course of a match.

WipedOut

Since reset group is still dad, anyone down for KF HM from totems to Oryx CM? To avoid last week's less than fun run, here's some prereqs before signing up.

1) Are you at least 310+ LL?
2) Have you cleared KF HM at least 5 times?
3) Do you have a high-impact sniper rifle and machine gun?
4) Do you know how to platform on Daughters?
5) Do you know how to kill Light-Eater Knights and adds?

If you answered yes to all 5, feel free to sign up. This is not a sherpa run. I am not here to teach you how to raid. If you want sherpa or Oryx CM carry runs, hit up Hawkian or DrDrizzay101.

When?

HMD

CqB-SDhWcAEkHTf.jpg

This is already a thing on Destiny, my friend was banned a month ago from the Crucible for his terrible 3G connection. His ban lasted two weeks and he's still banned from ToO. He has a much better connection now but we have no idea why he's still banned from ToO.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Second group is better but still red bars here and there.

Had to vent.

gHONKWU.png

I had to an impression of AE Gabe to get that. Team work though. We destroyed that game.

Dthomp

I think this is going to be a long week of testing my patience for Clash and the games hatred of giving me anything useable in post match. 6 hours today, 1 Shotgun and 2 Armor Pieces....Fuck this shit Bungie

To make matters worse, 3 Crucible rank ups....3 more armor pieces. IT'S A GUN GAME DAMNIT!

FiraB

Banned
IB lag is some scary shit

26gJyu4vwMeW3PrQA.gif

There was another even more atrocious instance with that guy but i forgot to not press overwrite when trimming the clip :/
That's actually quite common for me from NZ, it's one of the reasons I don't enjoy the PvP very much because I see people dance like that a lot, not as badly but when it comes to shotgun combat in close quarters a latency jump is a cruel bitch.

Thanks for letting me tag along, guys. It's obvious that was another level of game than I'm used to, and I've been up for 28 hours so I was a bit slowed. But I felt like I learned a bunch from adjusting to playing that run too. My scores were slowly crawling back up to my usual ~1500 by the end of it.
Scatter Grenade spam

I've had too much caffeine to sleep yet though, still going to keep going for a while.

deadduck

After 6 months off I started playing at the weekend.

I was REALLY feeling the 313 light. Mida usually does 57 HS in normal crucible, under 320 and I'm only doing 50 so I must be taking 65ish.

All drops were under 320 too :(

Dthomp

I was REALLY feeling the 313 light. Mida usually does 57 HS in normal crucible, under 320 and I'm only doing 50 so I must be taking 65ish.

Drops will generally be around your level +5 levels. You have to inch up a bit at a time

Melchiah

You're almost always going to find better use for your exotic slot with Black Spindle or an Exotic Sword, in my opinion. But yeah, Mida is fine. Makes you faster, and it will two shot pretty much everything same as your Hung Jury does.

Mida is great for PVE and JR is ok, but tbh you'd be better off using Hung Jury, unless your trying to use something different.

I guess I'll stick with Hung Jury then. Especially as neither has the Firefly perk to my recollection. Jade Rabbit also has a really tiny clip size.

I don't have Black Spindle or exotic sword, but I do tend to use Truth or Super Good Advice for exotic heavy weapons. I love how the former has tracking and a quick reload, and the latter doesn't have to be reloaded at all.

EDIT:
Press the PS button to go to dash and then go back to game and it should be gone.

Thanks for the tip. It's a pretty annoying bug. At first I thought there were dead pixels on my 7 years old TV.

At the very least weapon damage is normazed in normal crucible I believe. Could be wrong.

deadduck

At the very least weapon damage is normazed in normal crucible I believe. Could be wrong.

Yeah it is.

There's been alot of complaints about light levels not affecting Iron Banner much. That 10% makes such a difference: Shotguns not 1HK, TLW doing 64 HS, Hawksaw 22 HS. In addition to taking 10% more damage!

Yeah it is.

There's been alot of complaints about light levels not affecting Iron Banner much. That 10% makes such a difference: Shotguns not 1HK, TLW doing 64 HS, Hawksaw 22 HS. In addition to taking 10% more damage!

I read your post as saying you were seeing a difference in normal crucible, hence my comment. If you meant IB/Trials then yeah sounds about right.

Skele7on

Banned
So does reporting people with red bars actually do anything?

Reporting does help a lot when playing as it's done by groups.

Also interesting to note that Bungie employees run a slightly different version with added analytics which they can delve into if someone seems laggy.

Ninja's are out there doing the lords work.

Top Bottom