• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

deviant1

Typically what time are the new updates/DLC actually available, at reset or like 10AM PST? I want to take a day off for ROI but I don't feel like taking the 20th off if it will launch at 1PM EST giving me hardly any time to play before the family gets home and adult responsibilities end fun time.

With what rolls? That is the problem of having a kiosk.

Glass Needles kinda solves that for exotics, but it is super expensive to reroll and reroll until RNGesus blesses you with the perks you want.

You've got a point. Maybe just a kiosk for Year 1 Weapons then, they all had static rolls so it wouldn't be a problem. Or hey just increase the damn vault space so I can horde all kinds of shit I'll never actually use.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Not a big fan of the Iron Banner weapons, unless the ornament for those involves taking off the chainmail and wolf pelts. Hunter trials gear looks pretty great - I wonder how shaders and ornaments work together? Can we go all with an all black shader but keep the pink holograms?
Chain mail and wolf pelts are the best part though 😩😩😩

Xeroblade

Not a big fan of the Iron Banner weapons, unless the ornament for those involves taking off the chainmail and wolf pelts. Hunter trials gear looks pretty great - I wonder how shaders and ornaments work together? Can we go all with an all black shader but keep the pink holograms?

Yea I was wondering the same thing, including chroma and ornaments, or do none of the new weapons come with chroma slots?

Typically what time are the new updates/DLC actually available, at reset or like 10AM PST? I want to take a day off for ROI but I don't feel like taking the 20th off if it will launch at 1PM EST giving me hardly any time to play before the family gets home and adult responsibilities end fun time.
Your instinct is correct. I always take the next day off (Wednesday).

In this case, I'm taking off Wednesday and Thursday the 21st and 22nd. You get a lot more mileage taking the next day off. If you take Tuesday off, you can stay up late Monday but you won't have the game yet.

biteren

if i played with anyone here and it seems like im lag switching, im not. my internet has been very on and off since yesterday

its time to call

Trakan

Damn the hunter ToO gear with the ornement on it looks really cool.

Yes it does.

uCN0cjS.jpg

The faction gear on the other hand, is just lazy reskins. Disappointing. If they're going to do that they could at least use gear sets that were previously blue or stuff we haven't seen since Y1. Don't use the Vanguard/Crucible set that everyone just used for the last year.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yes it does.

The faction gear on the other hand, is just lazy reskins. Disappointing. If they're going to do that they could at least use gear sets that were previously blue or stuff we haven't seen since Y1. Don't use the Vanguard/Crucible set that everyone just used for the last year.
Babysteps

deviant1

Your instinct is correct. I always take the next day off (Wednesday).

In this case, I'm taking off Wednesday and Thursday the 21st and 22nd. You get a lot more mileage taking the next day off. If you take Tuesday off, you can stay up late Monday but you won't have the game yet.

Thanks. Also adding in the long ass download and install times and the 20th would be a waste.

LTWood12

Since reset group is still dad, anyone down for KF HM from totems to Oryx CM? To avoid last week's less than fun run, here's some prereqs before signing up.

1) Are you at least 310+ LL? YES
2) Have you cleared KF HM at least 5 times? Yes, 58 times
3) Do you have a high-impact sniper rifle and machine gun? Yes
4) Do you know how to platform on Daughters? Yes
5) Do you know how to kill Light-Eater Knights and adds? Yes
6) Will you be playing on a Vita? *emphatic YES

If you answered yes to all 5, feel free to sign up. This is not a sherpa run. I am not here to teach you how to raid. If you want sherpa or Oryx CM carry runs, hit up Hawkian or DrDrizzay101.

Edit: Dad for tonight. Will try again tomorrow.

See answers above

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Hello old friends.

So, with the light bump coming in ROI, do we think this will be one of those situations where all the tower vendors are selling gear that bumps casuals like me (who've been away for 6ish months) up to an appropriate light level pretty quickly? I don't know if I feel like grinding up from light 315 before the DLC hits.

I think most of us are assuming so. A few of us are stocking up on legendary engrams, edging our reps, and saving bounties that way we can get a lot of the vendor gear on day 1.

LTWood12

Hello old friends.

So, with the light bump coming in ROI, do we think this will be one of those situations where all the tower vendors are selling gear that bumps casuals like me (who've been away for 6ish months) up to an appropriate light level pretty quickly? I don't know if I feel like grinding up from light 315 before the DLC hits.

Gaining light levels is a breeze now. You'll be fine.

Thanks. Also adding in the long ass download and install times and the 20th would be a waste.
We'll get the long ass download several days in advance, along with some small quality of life improvements, as always.

But yeah - that does factor into new game releases where you have to download a 1 GB day one patch lol. ALWAYS TAKE THE WEDNESDAY!

X-Frame

IIRC The Taken King was released at 5 AM Eastern Time last year. I know because I took off work and was so pumped that I was awake at like 4:30, made coffee and hyped it up with DGAF before starting. It definitely did not open up that afternoon.

Still, I'd also always recommend taking the next day off just in case. Who knows what issues there will be or if RoI will be released at a different time.

I took Thurs and Fri off myself mostly because I wanted the long weekend and to be raid-ready by Friday afternoon so I can run it blind again.

Spoo

If anyone who is doing sherpa runs for KF HM needs a helper, add me on psn (reeducator). I actually enjoy running running it with new people. (335 on titan / hunter).

void666

Banned
Oh haha. Yeah you'll be fine. Shoulder charge can't one shot max armor titans(or is it max armor in general?). Or it could've been lag. But yeah, 328 is plenty fine.

It was a hunter. I hit the same hunter with shoulder charge in 2 different occasions. Both times he had a sliver of health left.

jacobs34

Not sure I'm going to get to level five in Iron Banner this week. I just can't get into TDM in Destiny. Last match the other team never left their spawn, they just sat back with Snipers and Scout Rifles the entire time. Not fun at all.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
So chroma will be obsolete right? Maybe we can clear vault space by getting rid of chroma.

We dont know. All we know right now is that pretty much any new armor set in RoI and certain weapons (whether new ones or exotics) use Ornaments.

Since our Y2 stuff carries over, anything that uses Chroma probably will still use Chroma. Which isnt much in the first place, honestly. (Some Legendary weapons, Spektar armor sets)

Besides, all the Chroma items are in the general inventory category, I don't think most of us are even 50% in that particular part of our vaults. On the other hand, we don't know how many different types of Ornaments there are, so...

deviant1

IIRC The Taken King was released at 5 AM Eastern Time last year. I know because I took off work and was so pumped that I was awake at like 4:30, made coffee and hyped it up with DGAF before starting. It definitely did not open up that afternoon.

Still, I'd also always recommend taking the next day off just in case. Who knows what issues there will be or if RoI will be released at a different time.

I took Thurs and Fri off myself mostly because I wanted the long weekend and to be raid-ready by Friday afternoon so I can run it blind again.

Thanks. I put in to take Thursday off since my wife works from home Wednesdays. It's fine for me to take a day off and veg out on games when she's not home but she will be furious if I do it while she's home.

FyreWulff

We dont know. All we know right now is that pretty much any new armor set in RoI and certain weapons (whether new ones or exotics) use Ornaments.

Since our Y2 stuff carries over, anything that uses Chroma probably will still use Chroma. Which isnt much in the first place, honestly. (Some Legendary weapons, Spektar armor sets)

Besides, all the Chroma items are in the general inventory category, I don't think most of us are even 50% in that particular part of our vaults. On the other hand, we don't know how many different types of Ornaments there are, so...

It looks like ornaments are just nodes inherent to the weapon. So no inventory consumption.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like ornaments are just nodes inherent to the weapon. So no inventory consumption.

I'd hope so, otherwise it''ll be just as annoying as Chroma when you want a full set for your armor.

In other words, lets say you found an Ornament for your Trials gear. Unfortunately, you'd have to find one for each piece, so you'd have to grind Trials for it.

vctor182

Hey guys I'm looking for guardians who need to do the Oryx challenge, on normal difficulty would be fine to complete it quickly, message me if anyone is interested.

Belakor

Banned
Hello fellow GAFers.I wanna ask a quick question.

I have the Legendary edition on PS3 and now i'm interested in the Collection Upgrade Pack for PS4. What I wanna ask is whether i'm able to play instantly the existing content on PS4 or do I wait for the Rise of Iron release date to unlock the whole game?

Top Bottom