• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Care to explain :)
I chatted with Xbox Support to cancel my Rise of Iron pre-order (no fuss there), then used the Xbox app on my phone to search for "destiny upgrade" and bought the Destiny Collection Upgrade (which includes RoI and the Gjallarhorn/wing bonuses) for $40 (US), which basically granted me the license for vanilla Destiny. I booted up my X1, took out the Destiny disc and launched the game and it worked. Didn't have to re-download anything. it just plain works as normal.

(this method works on PS4 too)

Awesome was waiting for someone to do it, going to buy it on PS4 then lol

Basically it is $10 extra to buy the upgrade package for X360->X1 PS3->PS4 vs buying just RoI
Yep, it's totally worth it. This will extend the life of the optical disc drive and the Destiny disc won't have to hog the slot 100% of the time, so I won't have to get up and switch discs as often when I want to play other games.

Wallach

sjn70cO.jpg

I dunno what that gun the Titan is holding is, but I want it.

I chatted with Xbox Support to cancel my Rise of Iron pre-order (no fuss there), then used the Xbox app on my phone to search for "destiny upgrade" and bought the Destiny Collection Upgrade (which includes RoI and the Gjallarhorn/wing bonuses) for $40 (US), which basically granted me the license for vanilla Destiny. I booted up my X1, took out the Destiny disc and launched the game and it worked. Didn't have to re-download anything. it just plain works as normal.

Yep, it's totally worth it. This will extend the life of the optical disc drive and the Destiny disc won't have to hog the slot 100% of the time, so I won't have to get up and switch discs as often when I want to play other games.

Damn, this is a good idea. Definitely considering it... I could even sell my vanilla disc. For like $1.50 probably, but still... offset a little of the extra $10.

Rehsa

Oh damn ok so it uses the original install, I was wondering that as well fuck yeah

Couple of other things about the digital upgrade:

I was hoping for a spark, but didn't get one. I was wanting to delete my hunter and make a new female hunter...but I don't want to grind 3 subclasses again without a spark of light :(

If I gave the OG Destiny disc to a friend, what level could he play to and how much would he have to pay for DB+HoW+TTK to get caught up? Is the best option the $60 Collection?

Lee

Do you see the lvl 40 boost anywhere? Should be included in the Collection Upgrade per the description.

Lnkn52

Damn, there is no way PSN/Sony going to refund me the money. Great idea though.

Rehsa

I was hoping for a spark, but didn't get one. I was wanting to delete my hunter and make a new female hunter...but I don't want to grind 3 subclasses again without a spark of light :(

If I gave the OG Destiny disc to a friend, what level could he play to and how much would he have to pay for DB+HoW+TTK to get caught up? Is the best option the $60 Collection?
It wasn't in the postmaster? Not sure what they would let him level to, probably 30 since that was the Vanilla max. Probably the $60 collection yeah it would be an even longer shot in the dark to see if the upgrade package worked for him after disc install than it was for you. Thanks for being the guinea pig on that BTW I saw your posts yesterday and was hoping you would jump on it lol

Don't you have to redownload the entire game again on PS4?

I had to do that for BF4 when I moved from disc to digital.
He didn't on X1 I guess I will find out tonight after I buy it if I have to redownload or not

FyreWulff

The spark is attached to the TTK content item so that's why you didn't get it again, because Live already considered you as having the TTK key.

Don't you have to redownload the entire game again on PS4?

I had to do that for BF4 when I moved from disc to digital.
I only tested on Xbox but Reddit says you don't have to.

It wasn't in the postmaster? Not sure what they would let him level to, probably 30 since that was the Vanilla max. Probably the $60 collection yeah it would be an even longer shot in the dark to see if the upgrade package worked for him after disc install than it was for you. Thanks for being the guinea pig on that BTW I saw your posts yesterday and was hoping you would jump on it lol
Nothing in the postmaster. I think the "upgrade" version of the Collection doesn't come with a spark.

The "upgrade" version is only available if you bought TTK on your account.

Rehsa

I only tested on Xbox but Reddit says you don't have to.

Nothing in the postmaster. I think the "upgrade" version of the Collection doesn't come with a spark.

The "upgrade" version is only available if you bought TTK on your account.
Hmm well it says in the description on PSN that is has the lvl40 boost, weird.

Ah that makes sense so he would have to buy the full package then

Tjamato88

I looked it up on the PSN Store and it won't let me buy it because I already own TTK digitally.

That RoI sniper....woah. I love it.

Going to heap endless praise on the weapon design team if they added useful perks to these!

Please no more vacuum, guerilla fighter, exhumed, etc :)

Wow, those Hunter sets look pretty good.

But they always kind of look cool in screenshots. Can't wait to see if they're actually cool in the game.

Lee

Might be a stretch, but maybe create a new Gamertag, start a new character, and see if that character has the lvl 40 spark in the postmaster, or just the lvl 25 TTK spark, or both? Probably too much work, but I think that's what I would do. Maybe the upgrade was never supposed to include the lvl 40 boost but they just copy and pasted it from the Collection description.

chur

Unless they changed, it you would have to download the game again on PS4. XB1 always let you switch between physical and digital without issues.

vid

Is anyone available that's willing to help a low level Warlock (303 Light...) punch through the Shield Brothers Nightfall?

I know I'm badly under leveled, but I'm worried that there won't be another Dreadnaught strike before Triumphs ends.

PS4, for clarity.

Is anyone available that's willing to help a low level Warlock (303 Light...) punch through the Shield Brothers Nightfall?

I know I'm badly under leveled, but I'm worried that there won't be another Dreadnaught strike before Triumphs ends.

PS4, for clarity.

I can PSN CthulhuSars send an invite

EloquentM

aka Mannny

PS4, for clarity.
Will it even let you join?

FyreWulff

Will it even let you join?

I think you only need to be 280 to start a nightfall

PS4, for clarity.

If you have an opening, PSN: Fyre_Wulff .

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Since reset group is still dad, anyone down for KF HM from totems to Oryx CM? To avoid last week's less than fun run, here's some prereqs before signing up.

1) Are you at least 310+ LL?
2) Have you cleared KF HM at least 5 times?
3) Do you have a high-impact sniper rifle and machine gun?
4) Do you know how to platform on Daughters?
5) Do you know how to kill Light-Eater Knights and adds?

If you answered yes to all 5, feel free to sign up. This is not a sherpa run. I am not here to teach you how to raid. If you want sherpa or Oryx CM carry runs, hit up Hawkian or DrDrizzay101.

Edit: Dad for tonight. Will try again tomorrow.

6pm PDT? I can go 3 times if you need a sixth. 334 and "yup" to all your questions.
androo2300

Edit: Skimming through the posts it seems neoak and ltwood might be your 5th and 6th but still down if anyone needs to bail or can't do 3 runs.

Top Bottom