• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Skele7on

Banned
Could anyone help me carry a friend to flawless trials for the first time?
I'm not up for a double carry could use a hand!

PSN Drubbed

Drizzay got his Thunderlord from Deathsinger:

Cqac51gVIAAeGTN.jpg

This happened today:

14124270_10154771120031874_5380044640548189016_o.jpg

THE GAME KNOWS :(

And the post never came....

I haven't tried CoO in a while, though. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

Don't recall seeing a Titan mark but have received 335 bonds and cloaks from CoE as post-game loot. IB will only give you a 335 mark in the rank 5 package if it isn't one of the weekly items to put it in the post-game loot table.

CoO is a source of artifacts but I don't think you will

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
My class armor is holding me back from 335. Is hm raiding the only way to get a 335 class item?
good luck with that buddy. I reached level 334 with all three characters a month ago and i have only had one 335 bond drop since. I ran CoE over 20 times with all three characters and it only dropped once on the 20th try. i got so sick of CoE i havent played it in 2 weeks lol.

thats pretty much your best bet outside of HM Raids. I have ran over a 100 heroic strikes in the last month or so and just as many Iron Banner games and not a single bond/mark/cloak. The strikes have dropped five tread upon stars though so dont farm them for class items.

your best chance to get them is hoping that nightfall next week is the Pison Flayers. You can grind them since they have a good chance of dropping cloaks which you can infuse for other characters. They had that nightfall a month ago but for some reason they chose the year 1 version of it which did not contain any of the cloak drops. luckily i had run it just four times before people on reddit and gaf figured out it was glitched. Bungie never fixed it either.

You can get 335 class items from IB, but those aren't available this IB.

You can get 335 gear from Trials. Period.

You can get 335 class items from the raid.

Someone below said you can get 335 from CoE.

And I believe CoO only really gives artifacts for completing tier 3.

You can't get 335 class items, though, from nf-tier rewards or Crucible. You can't get them from exotic drops. Those have to be earned through Faction Quests, and those are still 280 when given.

You can farm for strike-specific loot: Omnigul drops bonds--this is my best bet. Taniks and the Flayers drop Cloaks that can be 335.

Edit: Again, if I'm wrong, someone correct me.

You absolutely can get 335 from NF (noticed you said nf-teir, so I may not be catching your drift) and crucible, but I messed up by forgetting to state that other than strike specific drops, the three of coins are what get you 335 items via exotic engram in vanguard strikes and the crucible.

EDIT: I just need a 335 artifact and ghost to reach 335, but I know where to grab those. However, I'm not as obsessed with the grind to 335 as it'll be rendered moot once RoI comes out.

LTWood12

Drizzay's Favorite Class was Titan. The best class.

Drizzay's Favorite Gun was... Well, whatever the current meta was; But, but!!! He was very sentimental about Atheon's Epilogue.

Drizzay always wanted to solo normal mode Templar in VoG. I held that checkpoint for months because of that. Drizzay never successfully soloed normal mode Templar.

Drizzay's name was inspired by Dr. Dre. He loved classic 1985-1995 gangsta rap. He would kill you if you mentioned Drake.

Drizzay's favorite game was the original Doom.

Drizzay was designing a video game on his own time. It was a Roguelike-FPS hybrid. He described it as classic Doom meets Spelunky.

Drizzay was a huge fan of the Souls series.

Drizzay hated Warlocks, because Warlocks always lag and laggers are always Warlocks. No exceptions.

Thank you Unstable.

Strider

Finnalas's peril actually feels like a Y1 handcannon
goodjob.gif

It's been soooo long since I used a legendary handcannon that didn't feel like complete trash lol

Drizzay's Favorite Gun was... Well, whatever the current meta was; But, but!!! He was very sentimental about Atheon's Epilogue.

Drizzay always wanted to solo normal mode Templar in VoG. I held that checkpoint for months because of that. Drizzay never successfully soloed normal mode Templar.

Drizzay's name was inspired by Dr. Dre. He loved classic 1985-1995 gangsta rap. He would kill you if you mentioned Drake.

Drizzay was designing a video game on his own time. It was a Roguelike-FPS hybrid. He described it as classic Doom meets Spelunky.

Drizzay hated Warlocks, because Warlocks always lag and laggers are always Warlocks. No exceptions.
Good shit. All of it. Thanks for sharing.

I always assumed the bolded was the reason for his username but glad to know it was indeed the case.

You absolutely can get 335 from NF (noticed you said nf-teir, so I may not be catching your drift) and crucible, but I messed up by forgetting to state that other than strike specific drops, the three of coins are what get you 335 items via exotic engram in vanguard strikes and the crucible.
Wait, i'm so confused.

The guy is talking specifically about class items: cloaks, bonds, butt towels. And those exotics don't drop from 3oC or in general. They are only earned from Quests and are given at 280 anyway. I have gotten a 335 RL from Shaxx bounties, but all other legendaries from nf have been 330 at most. If you can get a 335 Titan mark from Shaxx.bounties then I guess you can.

Wait, i'm so confused.

The guy is talking specifically about class items: cloaks, bonds, butt towels. And those exotics don't drop from 3oC or in general. They are only earned from Quests and are given at 280 anyway. I have gotten a 335 RL from Shaxx bounties, but all other legendaries from nf have been 330 at most. If you can get a 335 Titan mark from Shaxx.bounties then I guess you can.

Argh, reading comprehension megafail on my part.

JJShadow

I started playing Destiny a few weeks ago so I didn't have the opportunity to meet Drizzay, but I'm sure he was such an amazing person. All my condolences to the community, family and friends, RIP wherever you are mate

Regarding my time with the game, I've finally reached level 40, so now I'm focusing in upgrading my Light Level (currently at 275). Which light level do you recommend for heroic strikes? I've tried both at 260 (recommended level by the game) and 275, but in both occasions it was extremely difficult for our squad and I eventually left

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i am up to 23 messages in my inbox <3

I was reading them one by one as they came in for a while but it got to be too overwhelming. It really is impossible to overstate how much of an impact he had on this community.

Kyoufu

When I click on this thread all that happens is me being overwhelmed with sadness. I don't think I can even play Destiny right now. I'm told I should play and have fun in Drizz's honour but I can't do that. At least, not at the moment.

robo

Cheers hawk and glam, toast and rav, 1 cm down, 2 to go. And the trophy to boot and the mot for hm oryx, good haul as well.

Cheers all

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I started playing Destiny a few weeks ago so I didn't have the opportunity to meet Drizzay, but I'm sure he was such an amazing person. All my condolences to the community, family and friends, RIP wherever you are mate

Regarding my time with the game, I've finally reached level 40, so now I'm focusing in upgrading my Light Level (currently at 275). Which light level do you recommend for heroic strikes? I've tried both at 260 (recommended level by the game) and 275, but in both occasions it was extremely difficult for our squad and I eventually left
Not sure about 260 but 275-280 should be fine for heroic strikes, and to try out the normal mode King's Fall raid. Thing is heroic strikes are going to be fairly tough compared to the normal ones no matter what. You can also continue to gear up a bit from engrams through normal strikes, or PvP, and you should give the Court of Oryx a shot too if you have runes.

When I click on this thread all that happens is me being overwhelmed with sadness. I don't think I can even play Destiny right now. I'm told I should play and have fun in Drizz's honour but I can't do that. At least, not at the moment.
It's different for everyone. There is no right or wrong

I have been feeling sort of empty just looking at the thread and not really focusing on anything and booting the game up and just messing around and doing stuff with people has helped a little.
Cheers hawk and glam, toast and rav, 1 cm down, 2 to go. And the trophy to boot and the mot for hm oryx, good haul as well.

Cheers all
cheers, was really a great one.

I was reading them one by one as they came in for a while but it got to be too overwhelming. It really is impossible to overstate how much of an impact he had on this community.

I'm on mobile so not sure if you got mine. If not I can try and send it again.

This is what's been missing. Thank you, Unstable.

robo

Only started getting into dgaf over the last couple of weeks, as mainly being doing solo stuff.

It's a shame about the good doctor. Didn't realise until I rechecked the op that it was his &#128542;.

Never got to play with though, but from all your comments he seems he was the life of dgaf.

May he rest in piece.

As for the gofundme, I will add some later.

It's surprising how much the money will help short term.

Bills coming in that need paying, loss of income, his wife must be distraught.

Thinks don't run quick with sudden bereavement, loads to sort out, people to contact, etc.

Same as you.

If you're on mobile, you *have* to include a subject line or it won't go through.

Hawk, you may want to update your post with that info. I didn't know it until recently.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you're on mobile, you *have* to include a subject line or it won't go through.

Hawk, you may want to update your post with that info. I didn't know it until recently.
What, a PM? You need a subject line on desktop too, don't you?
Actually I didn't get yours looking them over, thanks for checking. I guess make sure to include a subject line!

Actually I didn't get yours looking them over, thanks for checking. I guess make sure to include a subject line!

You don't get an error message on mobile for a blanks subject line. It just vaporizes.

Ok sent it again. With subject line.

It's really hard to write feelings more than once and feel the same impact it was the first time. :(

Sofa King

Only check in from time to time as Dgaf has been quiet and, well, Xbone. That being said, sad to hear about Drizzay. RIP to a fellow Titan

JJShadow

Not sure about 260 but 275-280 should be fine for heroic strikes, and to try out the normal mode King's Fall raid. Thing is heroic strikes are going to be fairly tough compared to the normal ones no matter what. You can also continue to gear up a bit from engrams through normal strikes, or PvP, and you should give the Court of Oryx a shot too if you have runes.

Thank you mate, I'll give them another try once I reach 285-290 LL. Regarding raids, are VoG and Crotas End worth the effort nowadays in terms of loot and reward or should I stick to King's Fall?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you mate, I'll give them another try once I reached 285-290 LL. Regarding raids, are VoG and Crotas End worth the effort nowadays in terms of loot and reward or should I stick to King's Fall?
Sadly VoG and CE can't actually give you anything at all in terms of progression ;)

rezn0r

Thank you mate, I'll give them another try once I reached 285-290 LL. Regarding raids, are VoG and Crotas End worth the effort nowadays in terms of loot and reward or should I stick to King's Fall?

loot/reward - no not at all. if you haven't done them before they are worth experiencing though.

Not for loot but definitely for fun.

EDIT: Need to learn to refresh before posting.

They can give you year 1 exotics that will unlock the blueprints for year 2 versions of them that you can buy for 125 marks. Also they're fun.

Is Light Level 319 good to run heroic King's Fall? I see the recommended level is 310, but not sure how realistic that is.

Also, any chance of Xbone Dgaf activities this week sometime? My gamer tag is HippoAvenger, feel free to add me! Still trying to connect with Xbone gafers!

Is Light Level 319 good to run heroic King's Fall? I see the recommended level is 310, but not sure how realistic that is.

Also, any chance of Xbone Dgaf activities this week sometime? My gamer tag is HippoAvenger, feel free to add me! Still trying to connect with Xbone gafers!
It's perfectly fine. 319 will do just fine.

amar212

Why did Reddit removed the post about Drizz?

Any ideas?

I saw it few hours ago, even managed to post inside and now it is gone.

I was combing through the old threads and got a kick out of this:

Do you remember thIs?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=165621674

Drizz the hero

Why did Reddit removed the post about Drizz?

Any ideas?

I saw it few hours ago, even managed to post inside and now it is gone.

A mod decided it was against policy, stabie went ballistic on the guy, guy apologised, thread still locked. The mod was pretty rude about it at first too, unfortunate.

Invite me to a party/fireteam anytime. Should be on for a bit a little later and a bunch the next few nights.

Re: 319— you're fine, I think.

Uff duh

Banned
Well I know I am late been at work all day. Have not played Destiny since Crota. Drizzy and I played some of The Division on PC not to long ago, and ran many a VoG and NFs back in Vanilla. I am caught of guard by this news. Terribly sad. 100% the nicest guy I have ever met on GAF, and so tremendously skilled of a player. Just rolling thru people in the 2nd Iron Banner and 30 min 3x VoG and NF runs. You will be missed good sir and It was a pleasure to know you.

Top Bottom