• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

So are we, but we usually can't get on until 9pm after kids go to bed. But like I said, don't wait for us if it's inconvenient. We'll probably be able to find someone on LFG.net someday.

From one destiny dad to another, I hear ya:). Though im a bit more fortunate in that my son is actually a good player, and huge Destiny fan.

And lol at the "someday"; plight of an Xbox Destiny player. I'd be happy to take people along as the guys I raid with are all really gunny/patient/nice.

Sterling Treasures are the shiny microtransaction boxes (that you never have to buy, I have like 10 stacked up in my inventory :p), they have unique cosmetic armor sets (basically 3 light pieces you need to infuse for them to be any use) and chroma, which makes certain armor pieces glow.

They're ignorable, basically just fancy cosmetic stuff.

edit: You get one per week just for logging in

335 is the new high.

Interesting!

What's the easiest way to get higher Light Level nowadays? Also, I have a Oryx CP at him but we never finished the raid. Wouldn't mind going back through that.

ch4fx_

Anyone have a screen grab of the last hunter outfit Drizz was wearing? I want to make something.

image_zpsima0hymz.jpg

Taken on May 16, 2016.

I always had the utmost respect for Drizzay & thought his Hunter looked really cool, so I snapped a picture on my phone one night so I could mold my Hunter after his as I went along. This picture in particular is what got me to hit rank 25 & do the exotic cloak quest. Even though he didn't realize it, he was encouraging others to do things they had never done before.

EDIT - I'm almost certain he changed his appearance since this, just posing in case someone doesn't have a more recent one.

Drizzay's Favorite Class was Titan. The best class.
This... this is the worst! To think this man had any...

Drizzay's name was inspired by Dr. Dre. He loved classic 1985-1995 gangsta rap. He would kill you if you mentioned Drake.

Drizzay's favorite game was the original Doom.

Drizzay hated Warlocks, because Warlocks always lag and laggers are always Warlocks. No exceptions.
Nevermind. This man had good taste!

Good for all the love he gets. He was the only doctor in the world that I knew who still made house calls.

SCB3

Is there a checklist of things to do? I wanna do everything I can but not sure what I've done or not, so far i know I've done(have every expansion):

All Story Missions inc DLC
Crotas End Normal Raid
All Strikes on Herioc
Prison of Osris (the first part, where you can matchmake) first instance of it anyway
Most of the Ghosts and Calcified Fragments
A few runes on Court of Oryx

And thats all I can remember, I dropped off just before the SRL so unsure what I may have left

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is there a checklist of things to do? I wanna do everything I can but not sure what I've done or not, so far i know I've done(have every expansion):

All Story Missions inc DLC
Crotas End Normal Raid
All Strikes on Herioc
Prison of Osris (the first part, where you can matchmake) first instance of it anyway
Most of the Ghosts and Calcified Fragments
A few runes on Court of Oryx

And thats all I can remember, I dropped off just before the SRL so unsure what I may have left
Well the moments of triumph is a good checklist leading up to RoI if there are any of these you haven't done:
A Blade Reborn: Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx
Eris Morn's Revenge: Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments
The Sword Logic: Defeat Oryx in the King's Fall Raid on Hard difficulty
Return to the Reef: Complete the April quests "At The Gates" and "Return to the Prison"
The Play's The Thing: Complete the Taken King main questline, culminating in "Regicide."
Challenge of the Elders: Complete an Elder's Sigil scorecard in the Prison of the Elders.
This is Amazing: Complete the Crucible questline culminating in "The Mountaintop."
The Third Element: Equip a fully leveled Year Two subclass on any character.

NeOak

I haven't run KF since before heroic mode. Is it a better idea to run HM before getting into CM? My titan is around LL324.

CM is just a set of requirements. For Oryx, it means that the bombs of light must "kill" him in one turn, so 16 are required to explode at the same time. HM adds the Light-eater Knights to the encounter, so that adds an additional element that may end up making a extra phase needed to have the 16. And bombs can destroy other bombs that haven't been ignited, so even with all 16 it can still fail.

For Warpriest, one person can't take the brand more than once during the encounter.

For Golgoroth, everyone must hold the gaze everytime a damage phase is started, so usually what is done is someone starts, then the 2nd person holds gaze while others do damage, then third gaze holder moves and gets the gaze. The other three pass the gaze and when all 6 have held it, damage is stopped for that round.

image_zpsima0hymz.jpg

Taken on May 16, 2016.

I always had the utmost respect for Drizzay & thought his Hunter looked really cool, so I snapped a picture on my phone one night so I could mold my Hunter after his as I went along. This picture in particular is what got me to hit rank 25 & do the exotic cloak quest. Even though he didn't realize it, he was encouraging others to do things they had never done before.

EDIT - I'm almost certain he changed his appearance since this, just posing in case someone doesn't have a more recent one.

Thank you so much! I'll try and have 'it' ready in a couple of hours.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018428697269/2305843009224882806

He changed, because he was leveling DO with his hunter.

Tjamato88

Got my refund approved for my ROI preorder on PS4 and I'm currently re-downloading Destiny so I can get rid of my disc.

All digital future you guys :cheer:

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For new page:
Hi everyone,

I'll post this a few times in the lead up to the next OT. It's coming up quicker than I thought, but Ghaleon mentioned that it can run a little long if needed as we get everything set up.

I'd like OT42 to simply be a giant tribute to Drizz. It's the very least he deserves for the hours, days, and weeks of his life he devoted to this outstanding community.

I am now collecting any words from the community they'd like to share for this tribute. I know that a lot of us have already posted about the impact he's made on our lives. For the OT, I was thinking that instead of thoughts on his passing, we could include individual memories or stories from each of us, to celebrate the countless times we collectvely had the honor of having him on our fireteams.

If you would like your thoughts included in this tribute, please send me a PM with a single story or memory from your time with Drizz. If you have any accompanying screenshots or video from the story, please include them in your PM as well. You must include a subject line for the PM to send.

If you already did this with a post in this thread and would like those words included, please just PM me a copy-paste of that post, or a direct link to it.

I'd love it if the OT stood as something we could send his wife a link to, as a demonstration of the enormous impact he had on everyone here.

Also, I haven't settled on a title yet for OT42. Of the suggestions I've seen so far, I think that |OT♦42| Embrace the Not-Knowing is my favorite as it's a direct quote from him, and a wonderful sentiment; relevant, and serious, but not exactly sad- a lesson. But I think it should be named whatever the consensus is in the community, so please voice your opinions.

Finally, just in case you haven't seen it yet, Macello had the excellent idea to send a "Guardian Angel" flower bouquet on behalf of the community, and set up a GoFundMe page for its purchase. The total has been more than cleared and the flowers have been purchased, but the excess will be going to Drizz's wife to help with expenses or to be donated if she prefers. That fund is still open here: https://www.gofundme.com/2hnnm9he

There has been discussion of setting up one or more charity steams in his honor as well if you'd prefer to take part in that.

Keep the stories coming. I've already teared up more than once opening my inbox.

Thank you all for everything you have done to make this community something I want to be a part of. Drizz represented the best in all of us.

-Hawk

vctor182

I wish the best for the family you leave behind Drizz, may you rest in peace.

Destiny |OT♦42| Thanks Doc

I'll delete my second hunter and create a Titan, if DGAF is doing something let me know, I want to help.

GlamFM

Banned
I wish the best for the family you leave behind Drizz, may you rest in peace.

Destiny |OT♦42| Thanks Doc

I'll delete my second hunter and create a Titan, if DGAF is doing something let me know, I want to help.

There is a gofundme. It's somewhere in this thread.

My class armor is holding me back from 335. Is hm raiding the only way to get a 335 class item?

From one destiny dad to another, I hear ya:). Though im a bit more fortunate in that my son is actually a good player, and huge Destiny fan.

And lol at the "someday"; plight of an Xbox Destiny player. I'd be happy to take people along as the guys I raid with are all really gunny/patient/nice.
haha mine is only 19 months old but I did give her an Xbox controller without batteries to play with!

And sounds like you've got a good group! Hopefully we can all find a time that works in the next week or two.

ich00

Grey Wind and Mixolydian: I, too, need to kill Atheon for No Time to Explain. So does another member here named Dahellisdat.

You guys don't need to wait for us, but if it worked out that'd be ace!

If you guys need help on the xbone hit me up with a fr (ichabod00). I'm usually on after 930-10 est, I don't really have an Xbox group I play with and am more than willing to help.

As an Xbox player I've always looked at DGAF from the outside. Always wishing I could roll with you guys on trains and raids. Knowing I won't play with one of the nicest to grace the site makes my heart hurt even more. RIP

IB, Trials. CoE, I believe.
Lord Shaxx weekly bounties, Court of Oryx, and Exotic Engrams from strikes/crucible.
That's what I thought, but I spent hours farming CoE, heroic strikes, crucible and IB over the weekend and everything was 330. Trials only netted me a 330 mark as well. I've also been running the hm raid and Shaxxfalls every week and nothing has produced a 335 mark.

I haven't tried CoO in a while, though. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

If you guys need help on the xbone hit me up with a fr (ichabod00). I'm usually on after 930-10 est, I don't really have an Xbox group I play with and am more than willing to help.
Added you!

Lord Shaxx weekly bounties, Court of Oryx, and Exotic Engrams from strikes/crucible.

That's what I thought, but I spent hours farming CoE, heroic strikes, crucible and IB over the weekend and everything was 330. !
You can get 335 class items from IB, but those aren't available this IB.

You can get 335 gear from Trials. Period.

You can get 335 class items from the raid.

Someone below said you can get 335 from CoE.

And I believe CoO only really gives artifacts for completing tier 3.

You can't get 335 class items, though, from nf-tier rewards or Crucible. You can't get them from exotic drops. Those have to be earned through Faction Quests, and those are still 280 when given.

You can farm for strike-specific loot: Omnigul drops bonds--this is my best bet. Taniks and the Flayers drop Cloaks that can be 335.

Edit: Again, if I'm wrong, someone correct me.

Top Bottom