• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

SnakeEyes

Banned
Welp, turns out Rise of Iron does the same as TTK by having you hunt for SIVA Clusters (apparently less than the 50 Calcified Fragments you currently need for TTK though.)
For what yet, we don't know, but people are thinking it's that Pulse Rifle with the seeker clusters.

McArkus

Ordinarily, I rotate between the 3 raids each week for a Newbie Raid. However in the lead up to Rise of Iron I'm just doing King's Fall for those since a number of people still want to get it done for the first time.

Crota's End is super fast, though, and I'd be happy to run it sometime regardless.

Hope I can join in one of those raids, just returned to destiny last week after a year break and have never done Crota's end and King's Fall.

Yea I don't think there's a specific ps4 discord for destiny. The one we have is for all DestinyGAF. Xboxers should migrate over since we're one community. Just hit me up. Im usual on top of it but I'm lagging behind maybe once every few hours since I'm on vacation but I'll get to them same day.

Ryck

Yea I don't think there's a specific ps4 discord for destiny. The one we have is for all DestinyGAF. Xboxers should migrate over since we're one community. Just hit me up. Im usual on top of it but I'm lagging behind maybe once every few hours since I'm on vacation but I'll get to them same day.
Pm sent.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Sorry, didn't mean to throw logic at you....
Logic....
You said the one we currently have can serve both but that's not entirely true.

Currently lfg in this thread is a crap shoot for Xbox people. There's so much noise about general discussion and PS4 lfg'ing that xbox1 people don't really get a bite when seeking out fireteams. that discourages community growth and individuals from seeking out other dgaf members. An exclusive discord makes sense. That's why I made the BET joke earlier aka "why isn't there a white entertainment television" argument. If the status quo is psn people and general discussion it makes it harder for Xboxers to group up. Why not give them the option to make things easier, it doesn't really hurt anyone else, but it does hurt a minority of the community when there are natural preventive measures for helping them to get games going. We had two different "the 100" groups last year and that wasn't a problem, so an Xbox exclusive discord shouldn't be a problem either. The best compromise is to make a channel on the main discord but that wasn't the route that was decided so I don't think it matters much now. It's not like Xbox users can't still join the general discord and this one.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
That's silly, makes more sense to have a sub thread for Xbox LFG in the current discord
Obviously that would be optimal but it didn't happen that way. Unless anyone is saying that they don't think an Xbox lfg should happen in the first place which is what I'm arguing against.

shermas

Xbros.. I'll be on tonight. Gt:shermas. Up for whatever. Except the NF. Because that was some bullshit.

Spent some time lurking in the misc quest section in the bungie app earlier... So much fun helping people get ToM or spindle or whatever

Tjamato88

So I'm doing a quest for the Gunsmith where he gave me weapon to infuse and then I have to get precision kills. Do I need to get the precision kills with that gun or can I do it with my normal weapons?

I think the quest is called Imprecation or something like that.

So I'm doing a quest for the Gunsmith where he gave me weapon to infuse and then I have to get precision kills. Do I need to get the precision kills with that gun or can I do it with my normal weapons?

You need to get the kills using the imprecation.

Precision kills need to be done with the white gun. First you need to kill 7 enemies with consecutive head shots, and then get 7 headshots on a crucible game

I was using this gun for the shaxxfall (10 hc kills) and it felt terrible. I'm no pvp God, but I was awful running around with that thing
I know there are a few people
one person
that like it
Johnofmars

I don't like it either, but eh, everyone has their own tastes.

MrDaravon

I haven't played since November or so (I think? Stopped just after the weapon parts nerf and them rolling it back IIRC), is the section 7 of the returning guardians post on reddit pretty accurate? I have NO idea what's been going on with the game whatsoever, I watched the initial Rise of Iron reveal stream they did and that's it. Got the new GI a few days ago with the Rise of Iron cover story which essentially reminded me it was even coming out, combined with the news about Drizzay has me thinking about jumping back into the game. A bit worried about jumping back into some of the more "serious"/hardcore endgame activities though; I was never a big fan of the PvP in this game and only did Trials once since I'm not nearly good enough to run with most folks here, and I do okay in GAF IB Trains but that's kind of about it. Also wasn't a super fan of the King's Fall raid which I know put me in a minority here >_>. Anything super critical tied behind Trials/IB/PoE etc that would really matter at this point? I need to check my profile and re-download the game and whatnot but as of when I stopped playing I think I had done pretty much everything up to that point, had I think about all of the Exotic blueprints available etc. Only thing I can remember that I think I was specifically sitting on was the last step of the 3 elemental sword quests.

shermas

I haven't played since November or so (I think? Stopped just after the weapon parts nerf and them rolling it back IIRC), is the section 7 of the returning guardians post on reddit pretty accurate? I have NO idea what's been going on with the game whatsoever, I watched the initial Rise of Iron reveal stream they did and that's it. Got the new GI a few days ago with the Rise of Iron cover story which essentially reminded me it was even coming out, combined with the news about Drizzay has me thinking about jumping back into the game. A bit worried about jumping back into some of the more "serious"/hardcore endgame activities though; I was never a big fan of the PvP in this game and only did Trials once since I'm not nearly good enough to run with most folks here, and I do okay in GAF IB Trains but that's kind of about it. Also wasn't a super fan of the King's Fall raid which I know put me in a minority here >_>. Anything super critical tied behind Trials/IB/PoE etc that would really matter at this point? I need to check my profile and re-download the game and whatnot but as of when I stopped playing I think I had done pretty much everything up to that point, had I think about all of the Exotic blueprints available etc. Only thing I can remember that I think I was specifically sitting on was the last step of the 3 elemental sword quests.

Trials is the only 'sweaty' or intense mode in the game right now. Rank up your faction, do the strike playlist, play the nightfall and you'll rank up quickly. If you are on ps4, you'll find groups here all the time

deafmedal

Okay sweet! Maybe I'll be high enough level to do HM by then.

What's the fastest way to level 335?
If you find out, lemme know😜
Just gonna work on getting my 'lock up first, then the others as time permits. Maybe IB will drop again, I hear that's good for LL, but otherwise afaik it's just grinding it out, with HM KF + CM and 3oC's for infusion fodder *shrugs shoulders*

Top Bottom