• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Got nothing for the weekly Shaxx Bounties. Not even a crappy item. Nothing.

Postmaster negative, and none of the equipment slots were full either when I popped it. Isn't the first time too. I swear sometimes this game...

It was probably coins and they just rolled into your stack so you never noticed

Jezehbell

Got nothing for the weekly Shaxx Bounties. Not even a crappy item. Nothing.

Postmaster negative, and none of the equipment slots were full either when I popped it. Isn't the first time too. I swear sometimes this game...

i took every bounties this week and some kind of glitch just completed the big bounty and i got the claws of ahamkara 335. lol.

the_id

Patrol could have been so much more. I hope in Destiny 2 they dramatically revamp everything, but especially patrol.
Here's what I'd like in patrol:
  • patrol should be an additional way to access missions. Run around the environment and walk up to mission start points.
  • patrol should be a social space. Drastically increase the amount of players in the world and ensure that I see them more often.
  • implement better in game grouping tools so randoms can do missions together.
  • add more activities. Let us do pick up sparrow races for example.
  • put hidden bosses around each planet. Make drawing them out something that needs coordination with multiple players.
  • add more public events and increase their rewards.
  • make patrol bounties more worthwhile.

I think that the dreadnought is a step in the right direction but there's still room to improve.
I agree with all of these points. So much potential could be made with patrol for instance, exotic weapon quests that we had for the Boolean Gemini and Touch of Malice was great for patrols. More of these would be great.

Rewatching today's Bungie Twitch Stream made me realise game design is really an involved process an their studio literally looks like a production line.

IMO, I've said it before but I feel like HoW was the sweet spot. I will never forget me, and 2 other 3-man fireteams on skyhook defending the warsat, trying to kill the wolves, all while the enemies were moving towards each other.

It was a time to try to be alive.
Really liked HoW sandbox as well. Sick and tired of the Taken.

Kukawaki

When is the next saturday noob raid? GF & I recently came back to Destiny and we could use a guide sometime during the weekend. GMT-1 times.

Edit, nvm, i can't read apparently.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Okay, just finished Uncharted 4. Now I can come back to Destiny.

HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP, UNCHARTED 4 IS SPECTACULAR AND COULD NOT HAVE FINISHED THE SERIES ANY BETTER.

X-Frame

ELO on Guardian.gg confuses the hell out of me.

I can't understand how I would have a lower Clash ELO than my friend who started playing Destiny a few months ago, and who almost always when we play together he goes negative (like 6 and 15) and I get 30+ kills with 2-3 KDR.

When I matchmake with him I clearly join a lobby with players at his experience/skill level (several levels below what I join solo), but my experience brings players better than he's used to solo.

Personally it seems flawed, unless I am missing something?

I really wish we could *see* whatever skill level Bungie uses to categorize us for SBMM.

Archive of the "Art of Destiny" stream from yesterday, for anyone that missed it:

https://www.twitch.tv/bungie/v/65866532

ELO on Guardian.gg confuses the hell out of me.

I can't understand how I would have a lower Clash ELO than my friend who started playing Destiny a few months ago, and who almost always when we play together he goes negative (like 6 and 15) and I get 30+ kills with 2-3 KDR.

When I matchmake with him I clearly join a lobby with players at his experience/skill level (several levels below what I join solo), but my experience brings players better than he's used to solo.

Personally it seems flawed, unless I am missing something?

I really wish we could *see* whatever skill level Bungie uses to categorize us for SBMM.

ELO is 100% based on winning and losing. It has nothing to do with individual stats like total kills, K/D, etc. You take ELO points from players on the other team when you win, they take points from you when you lose. The amount of points transferred is based on each team's average ELO. So if your team has a high average and loses to a team with a low average, they'll take a lot more points from you than you would've taken from them if you won.

ELO was originally designed for chess. It doesn't make a ton of sense for team-based competition, it's supposed to be for individual competitions.

Hedera

Of all the Sublime engrams I've had drop, only 2 have become new gear, both Chest :/
I also had a couple engrams turn in to the older set. CoE and CoO seem to be the better ways of getting sublimes. I remember most of mine dropping on that first week of farming CoE.

The Warlock chest piece looks kind of cool too, but I have yet to see it on a female character.

I also had a couple engrams turn in to the older set. CoE and CoO seem to be the better ways of getting sublimes. I remember most of mine dropping on that first week of farming CoE.

The Warlock chest piece looks kind of cool too, but I have yet to see it on a female character.

It's should look good on a female as its one of the few that look good on a male, I deleted mine though as it had shit stats

WipedOut

What are the new and old sets called? New to PS so I have no idea which ones I've been getting.

Jovian Guard set is what you want for your titan. That is the new set. You already have a couple pieces I believe.

New
destiny-april-update-playstation-exclusives-three-characters-one-column-01-ps4-us-15apr16

Old
Destin_TTK_newgear.jpg

shermas

What's the consensus on the Cocytus that the Gunsmith is selling this week? Good rolls, right? I have an order on my hunter that I've been sitting on...

Hedera

If you guys haven't found more people I can help out
Yeah, sounds good. Don't know when everyone wants and is available to do it though.

People that have shown interest in Oryx CM:

- Pandora
- Weteha
- Tick
- Jafku
- Hedera
- Light (if Pandora convinces him)

Hedera

I'd like to start doing the raid again and can take a break from U4 to do so.
I believe people were interested in doing Oryx CP only since is the challenge mode this week. I'd prefer doing Oryx only just because of time constraints, but I'm down for whatever.

Jafku

Yeah, sounds good. Don't know when everyone wants and is available to do it though.

- Pandora
- Weteha
- Tick
- Jafku
- Hedera
I'm here if you guys need help. If someone else needs it they can take my spot

- Pandora
- Weteha
- Tick
- Jafku
- Hedera

WeTeHa and I were planing on doing it this weekend. And I think Tick saw that too.

tick221

- Pandora
- Weteha
- Tick
- Jafku
- Hedera

I'm pretty much always around, send me a PSN note if I'm not on

My prediction for today's weekly update,

"Last week we discussed some changes we were going to make to melee in the sandbox. These changes became active earlier this week and we've been getting reports of guardian's landing their punches more frequently. We will continue to monitor the situation.

Yesterday our terrific art team showed off what they do. Here is a link to the archive. Remember next week we will follow our designers on another ridealong.

That's it for this week. We're now only a month away from E3. Keep your eyes peeled.

-Deej out."

deviant1

Is Bungie fucking around with MM settings again?

The other night I witnessed the worst lag ever playing Control on Vertigo. I'm capping A all by myself when I get killed by a HammerBro. On my screen I can see his silhouette is still up by B as he goes through the portal, pops out, and throws a hammer at A. Getting killed by hammers from 7 seconds in the future. Of course he was an unstoppable red bar king who had highest score of the match. Done with PVP for a while now.

shermas

Anyone:

What's the consensus on the Cocytus that the Gunsmith is selling this week? Good rolls, right? I have an order on my hunter that I've been sitting on...

The other night I witnessed the worst lag ever playing Control on Vertigo. I'm capping A all by myself when I get killed by a HammerBro. On my screen I can see his silhouette is still up by B as he goes through the portal, pops out, and throws a hammer at A. Getting killed by hammers from 7 seconds in the future. Of course he was an unstoppable red bar king who had highest score of the match. Done with PVP for a while now.

Back to skill based sweaties it seems. Noticed it like halfway through Iron Banner. Sweaties and red bars everywhere.

Deku Tree

Anyone:

The one with third eye is God tier for PvP even includinf scopes too. If you use scouts in PvP this one will be a beast.

The one with triple/tap and firefly is God tier for PvE but you might not like the scopes.

Lnkn52

NO

WX3OjmD.png

Yeah and they still fucking suck.

I think it's really a product of the lower population right now. The April update didn't do enough to bring back a healthy amount of people. Until the next big DLC update the crucible will continue to be sweaty. I've even noticed it creeping in to Trails.

deviant1

Guess I was just unlucky in that match. I still see way too many people with bad connections which ruins this games PVP for me. I'm not super competitive nor do I care if I'm on the losing end of a match, if the game runs smoothly and my shots and opponents shots are registering properly I'm happy.

Shiv47

I think it's really a product of the lower population right now. The April update didn't do enough to bring back a healthy amount of people. Until the next big DLC update the crucible will continue to be sweaty. I've even noticed it creeping in to Trails.

I think this is it. After the first week, a lot of the hardcore players had leveled up to 335 and mostly moved on already, or went back to raiding once a week/trials or whatever, when it was obvious that the update was what it was. The way my friends list went from multiple pages playing Destiny the first few days of the update to tumbleweeds blowing through a lot of the time is indication of that. Makes sense it would carry over to crucible.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

If YOU say you've noticed it in Trials, how do you think the rest of us "normal" beings feel? I've still never gone flawless, mostly because I skipped most of Y1 (made it to 20 and then skipped all of HoW/TDB and only started really playing in Y2 and I keep being told going flawless in Y2 is much harder than Y1.

Best I have is getting to 5 or 6 before the second loss

IT'S TOO SWEATY

Top Bottom