• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I want something to strive for. I dont have thate are the HC?
The best legendary HC's are eyasluna and finnalas peril with rifled/reinforced barrel. Those two are the only legendary HC's that can reach the range cap(more range=less phantom bullets). The best sights are sure shot and true sight, and the best perks are rangefinder, hidden hand, or luck in the chamber. There are other good perks like outlaw, but those three are the best ones(imo).

Thank you. Seems like Range is the most important stat on a gun ungh?
Nah. I go for stability on pulse rifles and high rate of fire auto rifles, personally. Although I make sure in doing so it's not at the expense of range. Some will say range is more important on pulse rifles but meh. I prefer it to not kick like mad.

Range is for sure the more important stat of the two when dealing with hand cannons and snipers, though. Also shotguns. Fusions, you kind of want both. Highest stability you can get with hopefully some good range, as range determines bolt speed.

I decided to start maining my Titan for a while. One problem: I really don't know how to play a Titan. I play it too much like my hunter and it doesn't quite work.

Didn't John post an epic how-to for Titans? Does anyone have a link to that?

ocean

Banned
I decided to start maining my Titan for a while. One problem: I really don't know how to play a Titan. I play it too much like my hunter and it doesn't quite work.

Didn't John post an epic how-to for Titans? Does anyone have a link to that?
- YouTube videos on how to Titan Skate.
- remember Lightning grenades are cones and those ineffective if they land on the floor (since it'll be a vertical line of damage which will rarely hit enemies). Stick them to walls or ceilings instead.
- Learn how to Titan skate

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Newbie question: So i reached the level cap with my titan and my light level is 196, i should try strikes and raids now to get good legendary gear right? I did notice that the vendors sold legendaries but i can't right now because i have a small amount of legendary marks.

Shiv47

Newbie question: So i reached the level cap with my titan and my light level is 196, i should try strikes and raids now to get good legendary gear right? I did notice that the vendors sold legendaries but i can't right now because i have a small amount of legendary marks.

Strikes yes, raid no. You'll want to be 290-ish light before you do the normal raid. Vanguard strikes should be about the level you're at.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Strikes yes, raid no. You'll want to be 290-ish light before you do the normal raid. Vanguard strikes should be about the level you're at.

Damn that is a high level to do raids, i think that means i should focus on strikes for now. Thanks for the answer!

- YouTube videos on how to Titan Skate.
- remember Lightning grenades are cones and those ineffective if they land on the floor (since it'll be a vertical line of damage which will rarely hit enemies). Stick them to walls or ceilings instead.
I can sort of Titan skate but can't help but feel that bumper jumper is the best control scheme for this. And I am too intimidated to make the switch. Although what else am I going to do between now and September?:)

Do lightning grenades stick to enemies? They were bouncing off last night but I wasn't sure if I was just doing it wrong.

I can sort of Titan skate but can't help but feel that bumper jumper is the best control scheme for this. And I am too intimidated to make the switch. Although what else am I going to do between now and September?:)

Do lightning grenades stick to enemies? They were bouncing off last night but I wasn't sure if I was just doing it wrong.
Nope, lightning grenades can't stick to enemies, they will always bounce off them. Like ocean said, you want to stick on on walls and ceilings to get the full effect of them.

ocean

Banned

Bumper Jumper is the single best skill to master if you wanna play better. Being able to control your jump and aim at the same time will change your level for the better.

It's a shame bumper jumper isn't default. Players on default are at a serious disadvantage. The absolute ideal setup is messy because it's Bumper Jumper + puppeteer (slide in R3) but that requires hard remapping in PSN settings and might be too radical a change. At that stage you may as well just get paddles but this is totally not required for anything but the highest level of play.

Seriously though, the sooner you go Bumper the better.

Nope, lightning grenades can't stick to enemies, they will always bounce off them. Like ocean said, you want to stick on on walls and ceilings to get the full effect of them.

ok, I'll stop treating them like tripmines. Lol.

Bumper Jumper is the single best skill to master if you wanna play better. Being able to control your jump and aim at the same time will change your level for the better.

It's a shame bumper jumper isn't default. Players on default are at a serious disadvantage. The absolute ideal setup is messy because it's Bumper Jumper + puppeteer (slide in R3) but that requires hard remapping in PSN settings and might be too radical a change. At that stage you may as well just get paddles but this is totally not required for anything but the highest level of play.

Seriously though, the sooner you go Bumper the better.

Damn, b, now I gotta.

Random supers during patrol here I come.

Damn that is a high level to do raids, i think that means i should focus on strikes for now. Thanks for the answer!
You'll want to make you you finish all the story missions and main quest lines. They give some pretty good rewards. Also, equip the highest lift level gear you find as you receive it. That way, you should progressively find higher light level stuff. The only gear you should worry about keeping are legendaries and exotics. Everything else is just temporary to get you up to higher light levels.

ocean

Banned
For now your main source of progress will be Engram decryptions at the Cryptarch (there's one in the Tower and another in The Reef).

You'll get engrams from just about every activity, and they will often (but not always) decrypt higher than your current light at the moment of decrypting. Basically this means when you're about to decrypt an Engram you should put on all your highest Light items.

Meaning let's say you like Hand Cannons and hate Pulse Rifles. If you get a higher light Pulse Rifle than your hand cannon...you don't have to use it, but you should at least equip it before decrypting something to increase the potential range of the decrypted item's
light.

Moreover, don't ignore the following options:

1. Gunsmith. By turning in his bounties and ranking up with him you get to buy 280 Light Legendary weapons for like 2500 Glimmer.
2. Factions: Vanguard, Crucible, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Future War Cult. As you rank up with them, they'll offer stuff for sale. Do the Daily PvP challenge every day for those guaranteed 15 Coins.

The actual best way to rank up requires 2 other people looking to gear up. It's playing Trials of Osiris during the weekend. You'll probably lose every match but you'll still complete bounties which pay off 50 Marks, a chance at Trials Legendary gear from the bounties and also from endgame rewards. You should get one item or another every 4-5 matches, and if you lose quickly enough it's basically an amazing farm for a quick and sloppy Legendary setup.

Xur still not selling Exotic Engrams but its a complete fluke as they cant control him :s

Twilight Garrison
Symbiote
The Stag
Super Good Advice
Legacy Helmet Engram

WeTeHa

Xur still not selling Exotic Engrams but its a complete fluke as they cant control him :s

Twilight Garrison
Symbiote
The Stag
Super Good Advice
Legacy Helmet Engram

twilight garrison again? Didn't we already have that like... less than a month ago?
Edit: looked it up: Xur brought TG 2 weeks ago. bungie pls.

Hedera

twilight garrison again? Didn't we already have that like... less than a month ago?
You weren't around when he sold sunbreakers like 3 times in a ROW huh? I remember wanting a helmet so bad for my Warlock which was my only character at the time...

Hedera

Haha damn, he sold voidfang vestments a million times at the beginning. I guess bungie is making up for that by never ever selling it in year 2.
Holy crap, just checked the website and was even worse than sunbreakers.

My first exotics were Icebreaker (which really helped on soloing stuff when I didn't know anyone or was even on gaf) on week 5 and LBN on week 13.

Damn, those early weeks for Xur. Voidfang Vestments and Armamentarium basically every week.

I barely played back then so didn't know.

I got gauntlets, chest and boots from my very first Vault of Glass clear, the first week it was out. Still by far the luckiest I've ever been in this game, although I had no idea at the time. But that also meant I could buy that Helm of Inmost Light week 2 (along with a GHorn....) and hit Lv30 crazy early. I originally made alt characters just to grind out 75 ascendant shards from daily stories and public event packages. Everyone else had the opposite problem of too many shards with no raid gear to level. Of course now I have 1200 shards gathering vault-dust.

GHorn: Week 2, then week 49. RIP.

You weren't around when he sold sunbreakers like 3 times in a ROW huh? I remember wanting a helmet so bad for my Warlock which was my only character at the time...
That's like people bitching that Bender was selling the Strongbow for three or four weeks in a row. I want one now and it's been like five or six weeks since he's had one.

WeTeHa

So... anybody ever run into a bug on the taniks strike where you would teleport to the ketch and then no enemies would spawn? I can walk around and nothing happens :/

Top Bottom