• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

If YOU say you've noticed it in Trials, how do you think the rest of us "normal" beings feel? I've still never gone flawless, mostly because I skipped most of Y1 (made it to 20 and then skipped all of HoW/TDB and only started really playing in Y2 and I keep being told going flawless in Y2 is much harder than Y1.

Best I have is getting to 5 or 6 before the second loss

IT'S TOO SWEATY

Oh, don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration you have with Crucible right now. I feel the same way It's hard not to be upset when you can't just relax and enjoy some basic PvP in Destiny right now without having to deal with lag and sweaty matches.

I've just try to stay focus and let it roll off my back lately.

Top of Page Edit: "It was a Ship filled with Tiger Men at one point"

ocean

Banned
The smaller the population gets the less sense it makes to keep matching by skill.

The lag is just gonna get worse until they get with the fucking program and prioritize connections like every other functional shooter.

I mean do they really not know that Destiny is by far the laggiest modern console shooter? Or do they just not care because win%s are super close to 50 as if that means anything

E92 M3

The smaller the population gets the less sense it makes to keep matching by skill.

The lag is just gonna get worse until they get with the fucking program and prioritize connections like every other functional shooter.

I mean do they really not know that Destiny is by far the laggiest modern console shooter? Or do they just not care because win%s are super close to 50 as if that means anything

I agree, but Bungie are too stubborn to budge or simply don't care.

Speaking of crucible does anyone still need to do the skirmish/salvage/elimination bounty, randoms are killing me

Edit fuck this nonsense I don't care what Deej says they've done something,

When you go off on one but your teammates have no thumbs

CiR1NLBW0AAlpw9.jpg

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone know if "Tower Ghost for Destiny" is a safe app to use? There is an app on android and it is asking to input PSN details to log in.

Does anyone know if "Tower Ghost for Destiny" is a safe app to use? There is an app on android and it is asking to input PSN details to log in.

Yes - well I've used it a lot for over a year and I still have my chars, as well as my wife, kids, house and mortgage!

It's pretty handy to use one of these apps - there are 2 or 3 for different platforms.

Being less sarcastic, the API that they use, is the same as Bungie's own website uses, and it allows you to move things, but not DO anything. Specifically you cannot delete gear or chars, and you cannot turn in boutines, or upgrade guns/armour etc. ALL of that can only be done in game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes - well I've used it a lot for over a year and I still have my chars, as well as my wife, kids, house and mortgage!

It's pretty handy to use one of these apps - there are 2 or 3 for different platforms.

Being less sarcastic, the API that they use, is the same as Bungie's own website uses, and it allows you to move things, but not DO anything. Specifically you cannot delete gear or chars, and you cannot turn in boutines, or upgrade guns/armour etc. ALL of that can only be done in game.

I haven't used the app and I DONT have a wife, kids, house or mortgage

so clearly the app has a SEVERE impact on your life, would not recommend

Persona7

Banned

Thanks for the response, my friend wanted to use it but was wary about logging into PSN directly through the app itself. I did some more research and it seems to be fine as far as I can tell.

It needs your PSN details so that it can find your characters and gear, all of the gear managers do that, it's necessary for them to work. I used tower ghost for a while, but it just stopped working for me at one point, if you don't like it, I would highly recommend Ishtar Commander for a gear manager.

X-Frame

Great point Ocean, it really is baffling why it isn't being continually tweaked to mirror player population.

Okay, so Deej confirmed nothing has been changed since March in response to all the SBMM complaints -- but it's May now and those complaints are not slowing down, but increasing.

Not only that, but it should be adjusted as player popular drops. OR, just get rid of SBMM all together and then they won't have to tweak anything.

I assume Bungie thinks that with Destiny being this late in its lifespan and the fact that Destiny is such a different "shooter" than most traditional ones, they have to protect less skilled players due to the large skill disparity we have now.

I haven't used the app and I DONT have a wife, kids, house or mortgage

so clearly the app has a SEVERE impact on your life, would not recommend

Yep it was so weird how that happened!

I dl'd it on my phone, it got stuck on "installing" and I fell asleep. When I woke up I was 12 years older, a stone heavier and all these strangers were living in my house!

I had installed cyanogen mod on my phone so I'm wondering if it's a bug - I'll report it on their forums.

Xeroblade

For the cards themselves yes. However, you can keep running CoE for exotics, ghosts and class items.

How does that work? I have only completed 1 card since the update has been out. Do you mean the drops at the end because to me the CoE didnt drop a lot?

How does that work? I have only completed 1 card since the update has been out. Do you mean the drops at the end because to me the CoE didnt drop a lot?

Yes, you can get drops at the end of each 3 round CoE. Not everytime, its all up to RNG, but you can get a ghost, class item, or one of the 3 PoE exotic special weapons. Someone chime in if there is anything else besides those in the loot table for end of match CoE rewards.

Xeroblade

Yes, you can get drops at the end of each 3 round CoE. Not everytime, its all up to RNG, but you can get a ghost, class item, or one of the 3 PoE exotic special weapons. Someone chime in if there is anything else besides those in the loot table for end of match CoE rewards.

Well shit I didnt know that! When I played it for the first time last night, we ran it 3 times and didnt get any of that. So it can be worth farming then. Thank you for the info.

Well shit I didnt know that! When I played it for the first time last night, we ran it 3 times and didnt get any of that. So it can be worth farming then. Thank you for the info.

Yeah the first week CoE was out people farmed for hours and got a ton of stuff since the modifiers that first week made it a cake walk.

darthbob

New BWU

It's not really anything important.

Next Iron Banana's preview, King's Fall Raid-along, ArtStation links to the talented folks from yesterday's stream (and the stream itself), and a recap of the Melee fixes from earlier this week.

And because I forgot (thanks Deku) Bungie's integrating LFG into the Companion app.

Mindlog

BWU is the Bioware Weekly Update.
Which almost always contained the following week's balance update notes.

Melee has been kind of weird for me in CoE. Could just be that I'm not used to using melee so much with my Titan. Thanks for the run team. Got a 335 towel and an OK PvE rocket launcher.
Some of the drops don't show up so always check your mailbox!

Smiley90

New BWU

It's not really anything important.

Next Iron Banana's preview, King's Fall Raid-along, ArtStation links to the talented folks from yesterday's stream (and the stream itself), and a recap of the Melee fixes from earlier this week.

And because I forgot (thanks Deku) Bungie's integrating LFG into the Companion app.

It didn't contain an Iron Banana preview, it contained a preview that next week's TWAB might contain an Iron banana Preview.

PREVIEWCEPTION

ocean

Banned
My Hunter's Heavy stash: an Ash Factory and 9 Swords (3 Exotics, 3 Refer a Friend, 3 normal Legendary). No room for Dreadfang.

Mindlog

Is Hard Light any good?
Got one from engram with pretty high light, tempted to just infuse my main gun with it.
If you have a legendary you prefer than infuse away. I really like the way Hard Light sounds, but can't remember the last time I used it.
Best Legendary Weapon?
My favorites you can buy.
Crucible Hawksaw - Very solid roll and sets you on even footing in PvP.
FWC Fusion Rifles - They're actually both pretty good, but the high impact one is my preference.

From the Gunsmith
Suros PDX 41 and 45 Pulse Rifle archetypes
Suros PDX 43 Scout Rifle
Thesan Fusion Rifles
Arminius-D Assault Rifles

Bolded I use regularly.

To strive for drop wise (stuff I want):
More than anything I want High Impact Scout Rifles with better stats than Jade Rabbit. IB Scout, Cocytus, Badger CCL, Last Extremity all fall into this category.
Longbow/LDR with hidden hand and a decent scope.
A Year 2 Ash Factory with tripod/G&H.

VVV Oh yeah Grasp of Malok. I'll never get one let alone one with a good roll, but it would be pretty neat to play around with.

Smiley90

I want something to strive for. I dont have thate are the HC?

Doctrine of Passing is an Auto Rifle

Best Legendary Handcannon?

uuuuh

uuuh

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...f45eED31XoyfYFUX71JU32tg2E/edit#gid=709690989

you pick lol

looking at those stats I'm gonna go with Stolen Pride/Water Star or HC-4?

from the guy that made the TimeToKill spreadsheets, these are his recommendations:

TL;DR - If I had to make a couple recommendations for each weapon class, they would be as follows:

Scout Rifles - For Time to Kill, Hand of Judgement with Perks that enhance Stability, or The Inward Lamp with the recommended Perks. For Ease of Use, The Saterienne Rapier with the Perks that enhance Aim Assist and Mag Size.
Pulse Rifles - For Time to Kill, Spare Change.25 with perks that enhance Damage, Stability, and Aim Assist, or Grasp of Malok with Perks that enhance Range and Stability. For Ease of Use, Nirwen's Mercy with Perks that enhance Range.
Hand Cannons - For Time to Kill, The Water Star with recommended Perks. For Ease of Use, Eyasluna with perks that enhance Aim Assist (SureShot IS or Hidden Hand), or The Devil You Know with Perks that enhance Range.
Auto Rifles - For Time to Kill, Soulstealer's Claw with the Perks that enhance Stability, or the Doctrine of Passing with the recommended Perks. For Ease of Use, Haakon's Hatchet with perks that enhance Range.

Arrrammis

Is Hard Light any good?
Got one from engram with pretty high light, tempted to just infuse my main gun with it.
It's OK in its current state, not one of the meta choice weapons, but not terrible. The perk can be fun (shots richochet off of walls and shields, you could shoot around corners if you angle right), but there are just not many opportunities to use the perk. Try it out for a bit, see what you think, then decide.

Doctrine of Passing is an Auto Rifle

Best Legendary Handcannon?

uuuuh

uuuh

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...f45eED31XoyfYFUX71JU32tg2E/edit#gid=709690989

you pick lol

looking at those stats I'm gonna go with Stolen Pride/Water Star or HC-4?

from the guy that made the TimeToKill spreadsheets, these are his recommendations:

TL;DR - If I had to make a couple recommendations for each weapon class, they would be as follows:

Scout Rifles - For Time to Kill, Hand of Judgement with Perks that enhance Stability, or The Inward Lamp with the recommended Perks. For Ease of Use, The Saterienne Rapier with the Perks that enhance Aim Assist and Mag Size.
Pulse Rifles - For Time to Kill, Spare Change.25 with perks that enhance Damage, Stability, and Aim Assist, or Grasp of Malok with Perks that enhance Range and Stability. For Ease of Use, Nirwen's Mercy with Perks that enhance Range.
Hand Cannons - For Time to Kill, The Water Star with recommended Perks. For Ease of Use, Eyasluna with perks that enhance Aim Assist (SureShot IS or Hidden Hand), or The Devil You Know with Perks that enhance Range.
Auto Rifles - For Time to Kill, Soulstealer's Claw with the Perks that enhance Stability, or the Doctrine of Passing with the recommended Perks. For Ease of Use, Haakon's Hatchet with perks that enhance Range.

Thank you. Seems like Range is the most important stat on a gun ungh?

Top Bottom