• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

The cool down also used to be per character.

So the right way to farm 3oC is speed run until you get an exotic engram, then switch characters and do it again, then repeat.

That's pretty much how I've done it and it works for me. I've had plenty drop after killing one shield brother and burning another 3oC immediately for the second for example. Or while speed running CoE for rep and burning coins for each boss (until I had a drop).

robo

wonder if marvel needs a new avatar lol

Cr6HxtfW8AAPlX4.jpg

Hi Destiny GAF. I've been playing Destiny since around the Dark Below's launch. In summary I think the game has a brilliant gameplay loop and the gun's handle better than any other game I have ever played. This is also my first Bungie game. But like many others I was beyond disappointed in the (lack of) story and content. The Taken King was a nice improvement, (although I still thought it was overpriced for what it actually offered in terms of content) but the end-game wore me off quickly.

I never raid, I dislike the Multiplayer despite being very good at it, so I only did strikes an dailies. Basically what I am getting at, is that The Rise of Iron only adds one strike and one new area that is even smaller than any of what we have now. Which makes me not want to buy it. Is there anything that could change my mind?

Also, I noticed there is a huge patch, is it worth booting up Destiny again? (I haven't done so in a long while)

Your definition of short range, mid range and long range is interesting to say the least. Thats all I'm gonna say. Just know that I'm pretty sure you are alone in this thinking on this thread. I will be surprised if theres someone else that agrees with you here.

Thats not "mid to long range".
I would have responded to this last night but I pretty much knocked out as soon as I got back from my run.
I didn't say mid to long in that post. I said mid. In what world is that picture considered short range? He's at least 20m away lol
Whatever. Since Deej acknowledged the video, I'm sure we'll see an official explanation soon enough.
Found one really easy to get to, engram on my first run!

Video states there's a 15 minute cool down on 3oC effectiveness, but I read a post from Bungie stating this isn't true.

Facts?
~6 mins per 3oC has been the sweet spot for me. I just load up Draksis, watch Twitch on PC for 6 minutes, kill Draksis with 3oC, repeat. Usually get at least one exotic within 30 minutes (or 4-5 coins).

Lol, shilling, HC bullets disappear left right and centre. Either from long, medium or point blank range

Shotgunning someone is even more risk reward now as its a 3/10 chance your gun will either not fire or ghost bullet

Toddler

Was expecting some new public shinanigans involving flaming axes in the Cosmordrome after the update... am I missing something or are they not doing that this time?

Hi Destiny GAF. I've been playing Destiny since around the Dark Below's launch. In summary I think the game has a brilliant gameplay loop and the gun's handle better than any other game I have ever played. This is also my first Bungie game. But like many others I was beyond disappointed in the (lack of) story and content. The Taken King was a nice improvement, (although I still thought it was overpriced for what it actually offered in terms of content) but the end-game wore me off quickly.

I never raid, I dislike the Multiplayer despite being very good at it, so I only did strikes an dailies. Basically what I am getting at, is that The Rise of Iron only adds one strike and one new area that is even smaller than any of what we have now. Which makes me not want to buy it. Is there anything that could change my mind?

Also, I noticed there is a huge patch, is it worth booting up Destiny again? (I haven't done so in a long while)
I hate the raid because I suck at it, dont play pvp unless I absolutely have to, and still have a blast. I dont know about RoI, but it depends on when the last time you played was if it's worth booting up again. I hadnt played in about 6 months until this week and there's quite a bit of new gear and weapons. A bunch of Taken stuff you can get, level 41 Prison Of Elders...basically if you're around light level 305 or so then yeah get back in and get updated on your gear.

The issue right now is that theres some glitch since the update and now people are getting nearly worthless green engrams and my blues are only decoding 250 or below. So might want to wait at least til they fix that.

What new exotics have dropped? I'm wondering if I should decrypt my exotic engrams

Don't

Only boots go above 335. So don't decrypt anything. Getting 337 boots isn't going to help you

Only the tresspasser is decrypting. So unless you must play with it now. Wait till rise of iron

Save you engrams till after rise and you be gone up a few light levels through normal means

robo

greens and blues will fill you with amour and weapon pieces though, your gonna need a shed ton of those with all the upgrading your going to be doing.

Zakalwe

Banned

You never raid or you've never tried a raid?

How do you get Special engrams?

Pray twice.

X-Frame

So the stealth nerf is true then?

Why is everything fun being nerfed? FFS

Looks like it. Apparently the cooldown to start another Shoulder Charge was also increased but I didn't have much time to test that.

I'm going to reach out to Lars and Greg Peng later when they wake up to see if I can get a confirmation. Hopefully it was unintended just like tons of other stuff Reddit is finding now.

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't use a mic. I tried all the raids, VoG and CE I was able to complete, but it wasn't easy.

IMO, there's not enough content to justify playing if you're only comfortable with SP stuff. I love solo exploring/grinding as - as you rightly said - the gameplay loop is superb and I agree it's absolutely the best FPS experience to date, but I also play a lot with friends, Crucible, Raids, etc...

I'd imagine if I was only interested in the solo stuff the gameplay loop wouldn't be enough to support it for long.

-

Another thing:

I really wish they'd add a text and voice channel to the social spaces. MMOs aren't just games, they're social interaction clients. I used to spend hours just hanging around talking to random people in the MMOs I played, which was an excellent way to find new teammates for activities.

At the least I'd love to see proximity voice comms in the tower and the wild.

For a game so centred around the social, the lack of direct communication is bizarre.

IMO, there's not enough content to justify playing if you're only comfortable with SP stuff. I love solo exploring/grinding as - as you rightly said - the gameplay loop is superb and I agree it's absolutely the best FPS experience to date, but I also play a lot with friends, Crucible, Raids, etc...

I'd imagine if I was only interested in the solo stuff the gameplay loop wouldn't be enough to support it for long.

Yeah. I guess I'll wait for a sale with ROI.

Zakalwe

Banned
So, Bad Juju is a great gun! I remember it was nominated as shit tier year one, I've had one in my vault for ages but never bothered with it.

Did it just get better along with the other pulse rifles? It really is very good now.

Yeah. I guess I'll wait for a sale with ROI.
Often I don't feel like speaking on mic. I can get very insular that way at times.

I've played all the co-op content this way. Raids included and successfully.

There would be no problem finding a group willing to take no-mic players. If you ever want to do any of the co-op stuff I'd be more than willing to help set something up/join you.

Maybe I am crazy but scatter grenades don't feel as good this morning. Haven't trolled through Reddit to see if anyone else thinks so.

Got the new sidearm; RoF feels too slow to me; Havoc Pigeon feels great. Got killed by Conviction II and Greg's Promise a bunch.

Fabian Strategy feels better to shoot, but I am not sure I got it to hit the 900rpm fire rate; will test after work on patrol.

Titan melee cool down get reduced? Maybe my armour has that perk and I don't remember.

My favourite butt towel (mark of stone?) doesn't take shaders but the ones that do look pretty great.

Did it just get better along with the other pulse rifles? It really is very good now.

It was made good at the end of Year 1 with the v2.0.0 changes prior to TTK.

I mean no, you totally didn't miss out on one of the best PvE guns for a year.

Marvel

could never
I too don't use a mic often, but I have a crack team that carries and verbally abuses me to success.

Haha.

E92 M3

I hate (not as people, they are all good folks) Bungie's sandbox team. They just seem to have an aversion to fun weapons and mechanics. Why in the world would they even touch the Sleeper Simulant? They took a primo exotic and made it worse.

GlamFM

Banned
I hate (not as people, they are all good folks) Bungie's sandbox team. They just seem to have an aversion to fun weapons and mechanics. Why in the world would they even touch the Sleeper Simulant? They took a primo exotic and made it worse.

Assumption:

Because it would break something in the new Raid.

Often I don't feel like speaking on mic. I can get very insular that way at times.

I've played all the co-op content this way. Raids included and successfully.

There would be no problem finding a group willing to take no-mic players. If you ever want to do any of the co-op stuff I'd be more than willing to help set something up/join you.

Thanks for the offer. Maybe one day.

Zakalwe

Banned
Maybe I am crazy but scatter grenades don't feel as good this morning. Haven't trolled through Reddit to see if anyone else thinks so.

Got the new sidearm; RoF feels too slow to me; Havoc Pigeon feels great. Got killed by Conviction II and Greg's Promise a bunch.

Fabian Strategy feels better to shoot, but I am not sure I got it to hit the 900rpm fire rate; will test after work on patrol.

Titan melee cool down get reduced? Maybe my armour has that perk and I don't remember.

My favourite butt towel (mark of stone?) doesn't take shaders but the ones that do look pretty great.

It was made good at the end of Year 1 with the v2.0.0 changes prior to TTK.

I mean no, you totally didn't miss out on one of the best PvE guns for a year.

Havok Pigeon is pretty good so far.

And good to know about Bad J. Glad I didn't ignore it this week.

Rainmaker

Banned
They are gonna do something next week supposedly. Popular theory right now is Iron Banner: Supremacy.

oh yay. pvp. just what this game was missing

The story of this game's life. It truly pisses me off only made worse by the fact it was a stealth nerf. No gun should be fun!!!

E92 M3

Assumption:

Because it would break something in the new Raid.

That's the safe assumption.

oh yay. pvp. just what this game was missing

The story of this game's life. It truly pisses me off only made worse by the fact it was a stealth nerf. No gun should be fun!!!

And the problem is that when they nerf, they nerf BIG. No subtilties in their actions. UR is broken in PVP? Alright, now it's just garbage for everything.

Loaded up and set myself a limit of 2 of my 10 exotic special engrams. Got the new sidearm on my second engram. Whoop.

Topped up onnheavy synths from xur. Im just about set i think. I will spend the next week or so trying to get the last few emblems and shaders i need from vanguard strikes and hoard a few more exotic engrams.

Rainmaker

Banned
And the problem is that when they nerf, they nerf BIG. No subtilties in their actions. UR is broken in PVP? Alright, now it's just garbage for everything.

Exactly. It's so frustrating. To be honest the most fun I've had in this game was running around going nuts with a gjally or icebreaker in vanilla. those guns might have been op but they were fun and seemed like great rewards to make the grind more bearable and quick back then. I miss fun weapons like that. telesto and sleeper simulant are two of the newer ones that even came close to giving me that vibe

X-Frame

So many unannounced changes its ridiculous. Reading Reddit is eye-opening.

I knew the patches notes seemed way too short.

GlamFM

Banned
that would be a terrible excuse.

They should be able to design around the tools we have at our disposal. But then again, this is Bungle..

We have a lot of tools now though.

Must be very restricting.

I´m OK with rules changing for every expansion.

WeTeHa

that would be a terrible excuse.

They should be able to design around the tools we have at our disposal. But then again, this is Bungle..

Mybe it was an unintended side effect of something. Ever time they change something, something completely unrelated breaks. I don't even get why they wouldxhange something like that.

Also, screw the sniper damage nerf.

Skele7on

Banned
T12 not a bug, just people not remembering that altering a max light level

also means that light level effectively the number needed to be T12 is higher than it was previously.

But as you get closer to 400 light the intellect, discipline, strength bonuses should once again be T12 and higher depending on gear sets,

Top Bottom