• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Phear

Hey guys, i need help. I am on PS4 and I want to go all digital. Bought Vanilla Destiny on Disc and all DLCs up to TTK digitally.

Is there any way to get rid of the disc and play Destiny all digital? "Destiny® – The Collection Upgrade" is only for people comming from PS3, right? There seems to be no Vanilla Destiny Standalone Digital. What can i do?

Thanks in advance!

Nicodemic

Hey guys, i need help. I am on PS4 and I want to go all digital. Bought Vanilla Destiny on Disc and all DLCs up to TTK digitally.

Is there any way to get rid of the disc and play Destiny all digital? "Destiny® – The Collection Upgrade" is only for people comming from PS3, right? There seems to be no Vanilla Destiny Standalone Digital. What can i do?

Thanks in advance!

You can't right now. Vanilla isn't available as a standalone digital download. Gotta wait I guess. I'm in the same position.

What the fuck with the worthless green engrams? And the blue is decrypting at 245 for pretty much everything? Come the fuck on. I've got a 4 day weekend and this'll ruin my plans completely.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you buy the $39.99 Collection that includes everything including vanilla Destiny and RoI. You just delete your disc game and then download it digitally and you can play everything except RoI now (after a big ass download). I just did it earlier.

Phear

Yes, you buy the $39.99 Collection that includes everything including vanilla Destiny and RoI. You just delete your disc game and then download it digitally and you can play everything except RoI now (after a big ass download). I just did it earlier.

Thanks. Just to clarify, the Download states i need to come from the Legacy (PS3) Version, but this works with PS4 too, yes?

Xur is here:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNjQ3NTQ2NTg1OTI1NTUwMDgvMjIzNzI5NzMzNTUxMTI4NTg3L3JpcC5KUEcifQ.3UEcIpMQgis3EBtcY_fgqG5CKEA.JPG

nothing.gif

Thanks. Just to clarify, the Download states i need to come from the Legacy (PS3) Version, but this works with PS4 too, yes?
I dont remember seeing anything about the PS3 version.

I went to the store on my PS4, searched for "destiny", and bought/preordered the $39.99 "Destiny - The Collection Upgrade". I've only ever played on PS4 and it worked fine for me.

Deku Tree

Is it time to stock up on 3oC? Are we back to leveling up by decoding a lot of exotic engrams. I guess it makes sense to wait until your sort of high level to start decoding them though.

Zakalwe

Banned
Good week for Xur for me. My journey to replace my Y1 Exotics continues.

Skullfort was the next armour peice I wanted. Lucky roll. Was it always 2x melee charge? I don't remember it being that before, but it's perfect for my current defender build.

Also got ACD/0 from my first Exotic engram, the second piece of armour I wanted!

Someone above said Bad Juju is worth getting. True?

phen0m24

Good week for Xur for me. My journey to replace my Y1 Exotics continues.

Skullfort was the next armour peice I wanted. Lucky roll. Was it always 2x melee charge? I don't remember it being that before, but it's perfect for my current defender build.

Also got ACD/0 from my first Exotic engram, the second piece of armour I wanted!

Someone above said Bad Juju is worth getting. True?

Kills with it recharge your super faster. ;)

Works in PvP too.

Yeah, I like it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Alright, I'll grab it!

Also: where's the best place to use your 3 of coins currently? I have an Agonarch rune, would that be a good place for one?

phen0m24

Alright, I'll grab it!

Also: where's the best place to use your 3 of coins currently? I have an Agonarch rune, would that be a good place for one?

I use 3oC on Patrol against the taken bosses, and in the Cosmodrome patrol against the Troll Patrol VIP boss in the Divide.

I pop them in crucible matches, before the end of Nightfalls...

Fell asleep to the multiple update delays, but woke up and decrypted a Trespasser on my 2nd saved special engram, so that's alright. Going to hold on to the rest until ROI drops unless any new ones are discovered, tho. Would rather new exotics than a temporary light increase. Sidearm hype?

15 3oC used over the last couple days, 0 exotic engrams. Top it off with the other engrams decrypting to garbage and this has not been a fun return to Destiny so far...

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh, I just realise the ACD/0 I got from the Xur engram is a year 1. I didn't know that was possible. Kind of sucky. :/

At least it's unlocked to buy with marks I guess...

Rainmaker

Banned
Oh, I just realise the ACD/0 I got from the Xur engram is a year 1. I didn't know that was possible. Kind of sucky. :/

At least it's unlocked to buy with marks I guess...

Yeah. Legacy Engrams only dish out Year 1 items.

I was hoping there would be some special public events

noomi

So many Tresspassers, I assume the drop chance must be pretty high then, gotta get to grinding those special exotic engrams then.

Also someone mentioned that a gold daily public event is not actually giving out marks?

Video states there's a 15 minute cool down on 3oC effectiveness, but I read a post from Bungie stating this isn't true.

Facts?

Scott Taylor said recently in an interview with Eurogamer that there is no cool down on 3oC but from testing it seems that there is.

People who have tried speed farming with 3oC (one every 2 minutes) were getting one drop for 10 coins on average compared to one drop every 5 coins when they were using just one per day. One popular theory is that the cool down only kicks in once you have an exotic drop.

Deku Tree

Scott Taylor said recently in an interview with Eurogamer that there is no cool down on 3oC but from testing it seems that there is.

People who have tried speed farming with 3oC (one every 2 minutes) were getting one drop for 10 coins on average compared to one drop every 5 coins when they were using just one per day. One popular theory is that the cool down only kicks in once you have an exotic drop.

The cool down also used to be per character.

So the right way to farm 3oC is speed run until you get an exotic engram, then switch characters and do it again, then repeat.

So the stealth nerf is true then?

Why is everything fun being nerfed? FFS

Im guessing cause some players just kept running in tight spaces and shoulder charged around corners. There is no way to defend yourself maybe it was too OP?

In my opinion the only nerf that I was glad they made was the nerf to the Mythoclast in PVP. Thats shit was crazy.

I never had any problems with Thorn users, last word users, shotgunners, snipers etc, I got killed by them a lot sure, but you just got to adapt. They should have left everything else as it was

Sh0k

Right. You have to buy the collection upgrade. On the store it is called "Destiny - The Collection Upgrade"

I would like to go all digital too with Destiny, I pre-ordered Rise of Iron a couple of weeks ago, any chances that I can talk to a Sony rep to ask for a refund to get the Destiny - The Collection Upgrade paying the difference? Is it easy to do or should I just stay with my physical copy and forget about going all digital?

First post-update Vanguard rank-up package gave me the Fatal Vision ship and first Crucible rank-up package gave me the Kingspyre shader. Cool.

Defuser

"Time to play some heroic strikes on my titan because solar burn"

*Transfers solar weapons from hunter to vault manually due to Bungie's API not available"

Heroic stikes void burn

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK"

WeTeHa

Only a couple more days and i can finally play some games again. Just in time for RoI. I'm pretty excited. Can't wait ror new missions, exotics, legendaries and secrets!

robo

looking at doing a HM KF raid later, need to do the sisters for myslef and oryx to finish my Hunter, nipper needs the CM for oryx for the fragmant and my mate needs it all I think, well some drops anyway.

1. gulfwarvet
2. my obnxious nipper
3. my mate, returning and LL310ish

Preferably with a shepard for the HM CM oryx.

PS4 UK time around 10ish, a little leter maybe.

Top Bottom