• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Great. Are you available to run it at some point today?

I guess I'll do this:

KF Raid - first timers, everyone welcome! (perhaps 1 or 2 experienced Guardians to guide us).

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)

Not sure for when exactly, some point today please. Let's discuss as we collect players.

I have a friend on PSN is hoping to raid for the first time. He should be invested to stay for hours if necessary. Let me know if non GAF people can join and I can coordinate his schedule with you all

So I was completely swamped last week. I missed golgoroth challenge mode (never did it before). I'm screwed now for the year 2 completion right?

Kalamari

I wonder if these guys play Destiny

maxresdefault.jpg

So I was completely swamped last week. I missed golgoroth challenge mode (never did it before). I'm screwed now for the year 2 completion right?

If challenge mode hangs around after RoI you may have an 8 hour window at reset on the 20th. This is all theoretical but you never know

Would like to try and get an Xbone King's Fall heroic run at least started tonight, maybe finished if possible. Soft 7pm MDT start time.

1. Hippo_PRIME
2. Hippo's friend

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Given that special exotic engrams are decoding to a new exotic, are we holding out hope that all exotic engrams currently saved have a chance to decode to ROI exotics? My expectation was that they'd be good light level boosters but just decode to pre-ROI stuff.

Also, how are the crucible drop rates? Maybe I will finally get my hands on an Eyesluna or Ash Factory.

Still disappointed about IB bounties. That is some major BS.
SAVE YOUR ENGRAMS PEOPLE.

Still showing shard requirement for me.
not for everyone apparently. Check Reddit patch notes.

I'm a bit disappointed with the ornaments/skins for weapons and shaders changing class items as both options seem extremely limited after the update. It seems very few exotics allow skins and I'm assuming no legendary weapons will have the option and concerning class items it's the same deal as none of Speaker class items (at least the ones I have and I have a decent amount) change in regards to different shaders. Maybe things will be a bit different once the expansion launches but I was hoping for a lot of different customization options.

raindoc

I guess I'll do this:

KF Raid - first timers, everyone welcome! (perhaps 1 or 2 experienced Guardians to guide us).

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)

Not sure for when exactly, some point today please. Let's discuss as we collect players.

I'm interested, but won't be available for the next 5-6 hours. Anytime after that, I'm game. Cleared it once.

oSoLucky

I guess I'll do this:

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)

Add me, KC_Darkness. I don't mind sherpa derping, depending on what time we start. My wife is going out this evening and I have to watch my son, so there are a few hours that I could end up being unavailable. Also, getting Daughters and Oryx is going to be a lot of trial and error. It would be much easier of we could get another experienced person to do the running and I do something else(not required though). If everyone is willing to stay for a few hours, then we should be able to get it all done for sure.

If you guys could try to have a med-high impact sniper(vendor 1kYS and Black Spindle work great) it would be very helpful.

I'm a bit disappointed with the ornaments/skins for weapons and shaders changing class items as both options seem extremely limited after the update. It seems very few exotics allow skins and I'm assuming no legendary weapons will have the option and concerning class items it's the same deal as none of Speaker class items (at least the ones I have and I have a decent amount) change in regards to different shaders. Maybe things will be a bit different once the expansion launches but I was hoping for a lot of different customization options.

It's a hunters only fashion show.

Shito

Yeah, seems a bit gimmicky, but I was very suspicious it would end up this way, if only for the fact that allowing full customisation would have meant a LOT of UI work, which is something they seem to be avoiding quite a bit.

Feels weird to be back here on DGAF! :D
I'm slowly coming back to reading this topic and Bungie's news, in preparation for RoI. ^^

Ugh I have so many green pop ups right now.

Also I'm holding off on deleting weapons and armors but should I just go ahead? Hell I even still have some Y1 stuff.

Lastly, should I pick up anything this week from the gunsmith?

I'd consider my Hunter my main and the options were still very limited. Iron Banner and Tannics cloak changed per shader, nothing from the Speaker collection, Dead Orbit exotic cloak - nope.

Didn't really have expectations for those to change. Factions and Speaker sets are very distinctive. I would've liked for them to change tho. Remember seeing the new monarchy emblem in highlighter green on my titans chest when wearing King falls shader. I would've liked that on my towel too.

Zakalwe

Banned
Historically, engrams grabbed before updates haven't upgraded into the new gear. At leas,t this was the way before I left post HoW. Has it changed since?

Liamc723

Historically, engrams grabbed before updates haven't upgraded into the new gear. At leas,t this was the way before I left post HoW. Has it changed since?

I've had over 80 exotic engrams stored before last night's update. This morning, I got the Tresspasser and 339 boots out of those old engrams.

My new monarchy cloak turned blue with the MoT shader. Not had a playaround with it much but it does seem limited. I would rather apply a shader to each individual item

Zakalwe

Banned
I've had over 80 exotic engrams stored before last night's update. This morning, I got the Tresspasser and 339 boots out of those old engrams.

Yes, but this could be a glitch as it only appears to be that one item.

I'm asking about historic cases, is this the first time it's happened?

Thank you. No more CoE? because of the new "arena" mode in RoI?

No more CoE because it won't scale LL level wise to the new content and LL increase and I didn't care for it to begin with as I felt it was just a tacked on mode as a cheap attempt to get more life out of old content while branding it as new. Honestly I thought the entire April update was lackluster and not up to snuff from what I expect from Bungie. At least we got a better infusion system out of it.

Xeroblade

No more CoE because it won't scale LL level wise to the new content and LL increase and I didn't care for it to begin with as I felt it was just a tacked on mode as a cheap attempt to get more life out of old content while branding it as new. Honestly I thought the entire April update was lackluster and not up to snuff from what I expect from Bungie. At least we got a better infusion system out of it.

Oh well damn it, yeah I get what you are saying but it was enough to keep me playing each week so far.

Marvel

could never
Hope I get that sidearm tonight, SFV first then I'll be starting full prep for roi.

Still not sure which class to main for this dlc, Hunter or Titan...

Mikey Jr.

I guess I'll do this:

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)

Im in. Ran it once a week ago. I know the general gist.

Psn: Gray-Fillabuster

Kalamari

No marks received from the daily crucible game, I did lose though not sure if it's intended to work like the past. Received marks from the daily heroic though. And the crucible game didn't use up my 3oC for some reason. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

3oC worked when I killed the Ultra Knight on the dreadnought, so it could be just a crucible problem.

Zakalwe

Banned
Add me, KC_Darkness. I don't mind sherpa derping, depending on what time we start. My wife is going out this evening and I have to watch my son, so there are a few hours that I could end up being unavailable. Also, getting Daughters and Oryx is going to be a lot of trial and error. It would be much easier of we could get another experienced person to do the running and I do something else(not required though). If everyone is willing to stay for a few hours, then we should be able to get it all done for sure.

If you guys could try to have a med-high impact sniper(vendor 1kYS and Black Spindle work great) it would be very helpful.

Way ahead of you!

Im in. Ran it once a week ago. I know the general gist.

Psn: Gray-Fillabuster

I'm interested, but won't be available for the next 5-6 hours. Anytime after that, I'm game. Cleared it once.

If there's enough I can help out.

I think Hawkian was doing a newbie KF tomorrow?

Added you all to the list. I'll start adding people and finding a common time for us.

I guess I'll do this:

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)
3. oSoLucky (KC_Darkness)
4. Mikey Jr (Gray-Fillabuster)
5. raindoc
6. Ruthless_Barbarian (RuthlesBarbarian)

Top Bottom