• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
I havent done a raid since the first one.. heh im interested

Great. Are you available to run it at some point today?

I guess I'll do this:

KF Raid - first timers, everyone welcome! (perhaps 1 or 2 experienced Guardians to guide us).

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)

Not sure for when exactly, some point today please. Let's discuss as we collect players.

shermas

Got a Trespasser on my 2nd special engram... At 334. :p

I'm way too salty about the IB bounties going away. I had the 'earn top score, kill streak' whatever ones for MONTHS on my guys. I never turned them in because I hit Rank 5 without needing them. So LAME.

I just want the uber shotguns from PvE House of Wolves era to come back. Even a little bit.

No, they failed to re-buff them in PvE. I'm not over it. I'm not sure I'll ever be over it. My flame burns bright.

Right, and as a fart on top of the cake they've managed to absolutely destroy the Universal Remote for PvE purposes. It's like...Bungie has to stop this philosophy of balancing the PvP and PvE together. It's absolutely toxic to the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
The first Guild Wars had separate pve/pvp balancing, and they worked it perfectly (for the most part).

Kept pve farm builds and other interesting playstyles valid while allowing them to craft pvp as they desired.

Bungie really should take a look

-

Oh, I have a Havoc Pigeon in my inventory...

Reactive Reload, Feeding Frenzy, Snapshot or Quickdraw.

This is going to be fun! :3

The first Guild Wars had separate pve/pvp balancing, and they worked it perfectly (for the most part).

Kept pve farm builds and other interesting playstyles valid while allowing them to craft pvp as they desired.

Bungie really should take a look.

Right, even WoW has(Had?) separate PvP/PvE balancing. Diablo is the perfect example of what PvE should be-Just crazy builds and a bunch of different options to play with.

Like, screw their philosophy of 'well we want to keep it the same across all game modes', that just isn't fun for PvE.

Right, even WoW has(Had?) separate PvP/PvE balancing. Diablo is the perfect example of what PvE should be-Just crazy builds and a bunch of different options to play with.

Like, screw their philosophy of 'well we want to keep it the same across all game modes', that just isn't fun for PvE.

WoW has a completely different talent set and gear set for PvP now. In battlegrounds and arenas everyone is equipped with the same level of gear, and have a set of PvP specific talents.

GhaleonEB

Now you know how I feel about the Reach TU. Burnings.
We can be sad bros together, and talk about how great our guns once were.

Right, and as a fart on top of the cake they've managed to absolutely destroy the Universal Remote for PvE purposes. It's like...Bungie has to stop this philosophy of balancing the PvP and PvE together. It's absolutely toxic to the game.
I read that and though, stop, it's already dead. I really really don't get it. Especially since the most prominent example of them breaking PvP vs. PvE was the big buff shotguns received in PvE, which was met with almost universal delight. After reading the balancing notes I just have no enthusiasm about returning to the game. I want to feel powerful and have fun in PvE again.

WoW has a completely different talent set and gear set for PvP now. In battlegrounds and arenas everyone is equipped with the same level of gear, and have a set of PvP specific talents.

Yeah, as of this expansion. And it's great. Specific talents that are used for only PvP. They don't have to worry about balancing those PvP talents for PvE.

I read that and though, stop, it's already dead. I really really don't get it. Especially since the most prominent example of them breaking PvP vs. PvE was the big buff shotguns received in PvE, which was met with almost universal delight. After reading the balancing notes I just have no enthusiasm about returning to the game. I want to feel powerful and have fun in PvE again.

That's the baffling part. Shotguns felt great in HoW. And it's not like they were broken-Big bosses would wreck you if you got too close to try and shotgun. They still do wreck you fi you get too close to try and shotgun. Why remove the buff for PvE? Like, what is their reasoning? That shotguns felt too strong? That's great, make other weapons strong specifically for PvP. They have the ability to do so-they just don't want to.

It's irritating. Destiny is a game that feels good to play, and they keep doing things that keep me from enjoying it.

123rl

I have 20 Legendary and 8 Exotic Engrams in my Vault. Should I save them for ROI or use them now. Will I get anything higher than 335?

Zakalwe

Banned
What!? How? Just downloaded the update, is there something to do already?

Engrams are decoding into higher level gear. Some of the new exotics are being found via Exotic engrams.

Blue engrams seem to have been nerfed in terms of the LL of the gear they decode to. Everything's sitting around 240.

screenshot_20160909-01lrjk.png

Hahaha, this is amazing. :D

FyreWulff

Engrams are decoding into higher level gear. Some of the new exotics are being found via Exotic engrams.

Blue engrams seem to have been nerfed in terms of the LL of the gear they decode to. Everything's sitting around 240.

Is it all TTK blues? Maybe they got pushed down in the progression, and RoI blues will be the higher light ones?

SgtCobra

Really LTTP but holy shit at the sniper nerfs, they got me giddy like a schoolgirl over here, it made me buy the whole damn thing again. Let's see if it had any effect.

Eusis

Shit, sounds like it isn't worth bothering with getting blue engram drops then on existing content. Puts me in an awkward spot but at LL 300 maybe I got juuust far enough to focus on high end grinding.

Think I just got a good Eysaluna roll

Sureshot IS
trueshot IS
quickshot IS

Surrounded probably not super good.

Riffled barrel.

Reactive reload.

Dalek

Whoa in the Fallen SABER strike there's a place where you can see the SIVA virus red vines growing out of the wall. It's where you pick up the electrical spark to carry it across that hallway.

123rl

The IB Bounties has really annoyed me. If they didn't want them to be taken into Y3 then they should have said it was going to happen. Nobody is going to complain about having to redeem them because the alternative is that we lose them.

This update has killed a lot of hype I had for ROI as the next 10 days I had planned to grind out for engrams and edge factions. There's no point now, really

bitsurugi

Got a Trespasser on my 2nd special engram... At 334. :p

I'm way too salty about the IB bounties going away. I had the 'earn top score, kill streak' whatever ones for MONTHS on my guys. I never turned them in because I hit Rank 5 without needing them. So LAME.

What i find lame is that they could have EASILY told us in advance, same for the gold ToO bounty.

I REALLY dislike this surprise changes, it would have literally make no difference if they told us.

Also they screwed my weekly Shaxx counter, since i could have had 3 weekly bounties done when i would have turned in the IB weeklies.

Not cool Bungie :/

aarcane

125 Legendary Marks in IB bounties down the drain. Looks like I'm only getting one new vendor gun when ROI goes live. If I'd known this, I'd have done Trials bounties on all of my characters rather than just my hunter.

After the weapon tuning, looks like my Shortgaze/HH/Quickdraw/Surplus Efrideet's Spear is going to get a bit more use to put down supers.

robo

ive got over 20 exoctics sat waiting to decrypt, now or when ROI drops??

decoded a legendary one LL264! LOL

Top Bottom