• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
Patrol Earth -> 3x Hive Majors in the underground bunker to the left of the spawn point -> constantly respawn (just run up the stairs and back down if you need to spawn them again).

Got my Sleeper steam done, I think I got the mother of all lucky matchmaking though. Was already past the warsat, so all we had to do was kill boss and boom, done.

At a loss as to what to do now though. Blue engrams seem nerfed, so I can't farm them for light upgrades, leaving only the legendary drops for anything worthwhile. I'm stuck at 298 light on my main then, with my alts in the 250's,

Still need to finish regicide on my lock though. Probably will hammer that out in a few hours next week, then I guess it's strikes till RoI drops.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I need to farm mats for the sword quest in two accounts.

What is the fastest one to farm for?

hunter. give all swords to your hunter.
in my experience the drop rate was 1 in 20 mats. so dont get disheartened if you go on a bad run of 40 mats without and drops. it will even out. just keep your head down and know you will be doing this for at least two hours.

I need to farm mats for the sword quest in two accounts.

What is the fastest one to farm for?

Its all rng but which ever ones you have ghosts that highlight that item. E.g helium filaments.

Equip a sniper and just look through scope and it will highlight the locations. After that.pray to rng gods

NeOak

hunter. give all swords to your hunter.
in my experience the drop rate was 1 in 20 mats. so dont get disheartened if you go on a bad run of 40 mats without and drops. it will even out. just keep your head down and know you will be doing this for at least two hours.

Its all rng but which ever ones you have ghosts that highlight that item. E.g helium filaments.

Equip a sniper and just look through scope and it will highlight the locations. After that.pray to rng gods

I'm fine on my account. My friend's account though... Sigh 😔

Set your console date back a year or so.
Matchmaking gets all confused and just says; 'Fuck it. Whatever. Here's you.'
lol gonna try that

raindoc

KF Raid - first timers, everyone welcome! (perhaps 1 or 2 experienced Guardians to guide us).

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)
3. oSoLucky (KC_Darkness)
4. Mikey Jr (Gray-Fillabuster)
5. raindoc
6. Ruthless_Barbarian (RuthlesBarbarian)

-

Ok, so we're looking to go between 9-10pm GMT.

Mikey's confirmed he's good with that, how about the rest of you?

It's now 6pm GMT, I'm 90% sure I'll be online in 3hrs.

Any word on what class I should roll first? I prefer PvE more than PvP, but preferably I'd like one that I could use for both. Should I use the character boost as well to jump into the newer content, or just play through the old stuff first?

Shiv47

Was watching a video on YouTube and saw this in the sidebar and did a doubletake:

WVkXpWI.png

Rise of Iron indeed...

I would like to go all digital too with Destiny, I pre-ordered Rise of Iron a couple of weeks ago, any chances that I can talk to a Sony rep to ask for a refund to get the Destiny - The Collection Upgrade paying the difference? Is it easy to do or should I just stay with my physical copy and forget about going all digital?
It's worth a try, I was in the same boat as you, with a roi preorder. The Sony support rep in the live chat gave me a "one time refund" when I explained I wanted to cancel so I could spend a little more to buy the whole digital upgrade.

Was pretty painless, took about 10 minutes.

I swore after the first exotic sword quest 2 weeks ago that I would never do the other ones...

Sithing on Mars working on my Void sword materials to complete the three. I hate you Destiny.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I swore after the first exotic sword quest 2 weeks ago that I would never do the other ones...

Sithing on Mars working on my Void sword materials to complete the three. I hate you Destiny.

well for what its worth, it's the best sword. the R2 attack is the best at taking out enemies grouped together. especially in void burn strikes.

This farming along with the warsat quest and last word quest were the worst things i have done in Destiny. but the weapons have been worth it.

Zakalwe

Banned
well for what its worth, it's the best sword. the R2 attack is the best at taking out enemies grouped together. especially in void burn strikes.

This farming along with the warsat quest and last word quest were the worst things i have done in Destiny. but the weapons have been worth it.

Sol > the rest. :3

Zakalwe

Banned
Guardian life hacks!

-

Have you discovered little movement/gameplay tweaks that make your guardian's life easier?

For example, Titan:

Set Lift to 'Increased Control', then while sprinting jump and hit Lift as you begin to descend (hit it about half your jump height for maximum forward momentum) and you'll float forwards parallel to the ground at sprint speed (might be a little faster). Let's you effectively reload while you sprint.

Griffith

Banned
Most excellent. We have 3 confirmed now.

Need 3 more for noob friendly KF normal mode run at 9-10pm gmt. Have 2 more possible maybes, but I'd really like to get some definite so we can go tonight.

PSN: astropoff

I can help if you need it.

PSN Azolith.

Jinjo

Said this in Discord as well, but did you guys try out High Caliber Rounds on TLW? The extra +5 to range is supposed to make it a bit crispier.

Said this in Discord as well, but did you guys try out High Caliber Rounds on TLW? The extra +5 to range is supposed to make it a bit crispier.

Real good strat right there!

I have another one for all you guardians out there. most enemies have this location on their bodies that is a weak spot. Shooting this weak spot does "critical" damage. Aim carefully and shoot this spot! In PvP modes, this is very helpful. I call this strategy the "shoot that mother fucker in the face pro-mode MLG strat."

Happy hunting guardians!

I have another one for all you guardians out there. most enemies have this location on their bodies that is a weak spot. Shooting this weak spot does "critical" damage. Aim carefully and shoot this spot! In PvP modes, this is very helpful. I call this strategy the "shoot that mother fucker in the face pro-mode MLG strat."
Dunno if this is related, but I've noticed my grenades pulling critical damage even without tether.

Top Bottom