• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
KF Raid - first timers, everyone welcome! (perhaps 1 or 2 experienced Guardians to guide us).

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)
3. oSoLucky (KC_Darkness)
4. Mikey Jr (Gray-Fillabuster)
5. raindoc
6. Ruthless_Barbarian (RuthlesBarbarian)

-

Ok, so we're looking to go between 9-10pm GMT.

Mikey's confirmed he's good with that, how about the rest of you?

KF Raid - first timers, everyone welcome! (perhaps 1 or 2 experienced Guardians to guide us).

Ok, so we're looking to go between 9-10pm GMT.

Mikey's confirmed he's good with that, how about the rest of you?

Not sure I can do that, will be 6am my time. If I'm awake, then sure, but might as well find a replacement.

NastyBook

Just got the game(probably a weird time to start, or maybe not?) and I can't decide between a Titan and Warlock. Are the playstyles significantly different or is it mostly just the supers that make up the differences?
Supers and abilities make a pretty big difference. From a PVP persspective, Titan Striker with a running shield and shotgun can bumrush an unsuspecting enemy that isn't prepared for them. On certain maps (Pantheon, for example), their Lightning Grenades can suppress the fuck out of an opposing team. Then there's a Defender Titan's actual Suppressor Grenade, which can nullify enemy abilities AND supers. Tack on their Bubble Super being able to give overshields, higher defense within the bubble, or ATK buffs, and you've already got two classes of a Titan that play far differently than any Warlock.

For Warlocks, if you're running a VoidWalker you can tag an enemy with any weapon, then flush them towards or away from you with an Axion Bolt grenade. That grenade alone will clear out an area if anybody in the vicinity has taken prior damage. If you're looking to play very offensively (PvE and PvP), you can equip an Obsidian Mind exotic helmet and the Bad Juju Exotic Pulse Rifle. Kills with the PR build super meter faster, and Nova Bomb kills while wearing the helmet decreases the cooldown of your next Nova bomb. You can play both offensively and defensively as a Sunsinger. Radiance super with high Discipline means you can toss nades around like nobody's business. Set them up to do DOT, and you've got a means to keep people off Heavy Ammo in Crucible matches. This is also fun to do during the Zealot Vex portion of the Vault of Glass raid, as it racks up hella orbs.

But yeah, just from those examples, you can see that the two characters play nothing alike. Choose the one that best suits you.

eggydoo

I always found it most difficult to play titan for myself in PvP. in TTK, I concentrated only on the titan so I can get better at it, but then I switched back to my warlock and hunter and they just feels so much easier to play in PvP.

If you like fun you will probably like all three classes. Just pick one and give it a whirl. Don't like it? Make a new character- you have three slots.

Zakalwe

Banned
25 ToC

Farmed over the day, 4 Exotic Engrams. A few Sublimes. Farming the Ultra Knight on the Dreadnught Bridge.

Feels good man.

I always found it most difficult to play titan for myself in PvP. in TTK, I concentrated only on the titan so I can get better at it, but then I switched back to my warlock and hunter and they just feels so much easier to play in PvP.

The character I've spent 99% of my time with is a Titan and yeah I feel like every PvP match i get into is 90% Hunters and Warlocks

You should drive around until you run into one. The gun is still awesome and worth getting!

On Earth Skywatch gives me zero public events in over 2 hours, all I get are Taken invasions and I can't guarantee finishing it on my own even if it spanws, in Mothyards it is a mid-low priority 1 out of 3 RNG. It is the same for Mars and Moon. Basically it is the most boring thing to do unless I'm really, really bored and want to sit there and check back every 30min.

And yes I'm using the tracker site.

I've taken a break from Destiny the last few months but will be returning for Rise of Iron. Is there anything I should be working toward now to prepare? I did all my Y2 Feats of Strength and such.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've taken a break from Destiny the last few months but will be returning for Rise of Iron. Is there anything I should be working toward now to prepare? I did all my Y2 Feats of Strength and such.

Edging vendor XP and collecting Exotic/Legendary Engrams are smart moves.

Dead

well not really...yet
Jesus F christ sitting at Skywatch for 3 hours without a single warsat event. Fuck this intentional time grind.
damn. I got all 3 warsats on all 3 planets in like 30 minutes

But now the god damn Saber Strike for Sleeper Stimulant is killer. Ive yet to find a team with whom I could get past the god damn warsat, even with my friends.

damn. I got all 3 warsats on all 3 planets in like 30 minutes

But now the god damn Saber Strike for Sleeper Stimulant is killer. Ive yet to find a team with whom I could get past the god damn warsat, even with my friends.

if you are on PS4 look me up. Defender titan bubble and praying to all any or no gods helps a lot.

Trying to do a stupid quest, and I can't get 3 major kills with arc blade in one strike. There's barley 3 per strike to begin with, them someone eventually swords them while I'm still popping my super.

Trying to do a stupid quest, and I can't get 3 major kills with arc blade in one strike. There's barley 3 per strike to begin with, them someone eventually swords them while I'm still popping my super.
Undying mind is a great place to do it. If you don't get three on the main stairs, the boss fight has a bunch.

Number45

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKJMQxKBId9/?taken-by=destinythegame&hl=en

Nice.

EDIT: Found how to direct link:

14156290_1065145246867321_1272532706_n.jpg

LTWood12

undying mind. stairs.

I'm going to try it

Also lol at you and T on opposite teams

We were in a fireteam together and booted up control. never had it put me on a different team from a fireteam member in that situation. seen it happen for join in progress, but never for starting a game.

molnizzle

Alright, what is the most optimal way to gear up if I'm currently sitting at 314 light? I'm racing to complete CM Oryx before reset.

KingV

Does anyone know if the DLC version of ROI includes the level 40 upgrade for a new toon? I want to create another one... But I'm not eager to level to 40 from scratch.

Load into Omnigul, instead of going towards the strike area, go back to patrol spawn point in the Steppes. Do down the bunker and kill the 3 hive majors with your blade. Finish the strike. Profit.

So should I save engrams until rise of iron or are the contents generated on pickup?

We won't know for sure. But save your exotic engrams just in case. And I would even wait for awhile till you got up a few levels through normal means. No sense in decrypting for a few light levels when chances are mission and quest rewards will give you the same thing without wasting your engrams.

Then I would decrypt after a few days to get you the push to be raid ready by Friday

Arrrammis

Really? I thought light levels increased over the past year (my PS4 broke a few weeks after TTK launched). I figured that now with the ToM nerf I'd need to beef up a bit.

The maximum light level increased to 335, but the raid difficulty hasn't changed. It's still 320, at 314 you're good to go.

Undying mind is a great place to do it. If you don't get three on the main stairs, the boss fight has a bunch.

Good call, thanks. I've been running the playlist and it hasn't come up.

Load into Omnigul, instead of going towards the strike area, go back to patrol spawn point in the Steppes. Do down the bunker and kill the 3 hive majors with your blade. Finish the strike. Profit.

Ha, old school, I like it.

Sepuku Prime-San on Earth. Start strike and go back to the patrol landing point. Beat up the 3 hive majors downstairs. Finish the strike. And you're done.

NeOak

Ran into the sleeping stimulant quest obviously but I've got over it. No big deal just a weapon (and just got nerfed) anyway
The "Nerf" was just making Oryx and the Golgy orb be considered enemies instead of objects for the ricochet.

Which tbh, SS wasn't necessary for those encounters. So the "nerf" isn't really important because most people didn't use it for that.

UberLevi

We won't know for sure. But save your exotic engrams just in case. And I would even wait for awhile till you got up a few levels through normal means. No sense in decrypting for a few light levels when chances are mission and quest rewards will give you the same thing without wasting your engrams.

Then I would decrypt after a few days to get you the push to be raid ready by Friday

Alright. Just for reference I'm Light 319 and have never done a raid.

Top Bottom