• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Jinjo

Real good strat right there!

I have another one for all you guardians out there. most enemies have this location on their bodies that is a weak spot. Shooting this weak spot does "critical" damage. Aim carefully and shoot this spot! In PvP modes, this is very helpful. I call this strategy the "shoot that mother fucker in the face pro-mode MLG strat."

Happy hunting guardians!

No need to be condescending about perhaps a worthwhile suggestion, dude. Not everyone might pick up on the small buff to HCR and remember that TLW has it. It has more than 1.5x the base range if you select HCR. With ghost bullets and all, might lead to less hit-detection frustration.

Dalek

I just did a nightfall and Ta'aurc dropped an exotic engram. When I stepped over it, it vanished but nothing went into my inventory.

:(

NastyBook

Was watching a video on YouTube and saw this in the sidebar and did a doubletake:

WVkXpWI.png

Rise of Iron indeed...
Now THAT'S a gunslinger.

Load into Omnigul, instead of going towards the strike area, go back to patrol spawn point in the Steppes. Do down the bunker and kill the 3 hive majors with your blade. Finish the strike. Profit.

Loaded in with two guys farming Omnigul. They kept suiciding,then when they realized I wouldn't go along,they killed her.

Then I went to sepkis...

Sepuku Prime-San on Earth. Start strike and go back to the patrol landing point. Beat up the 3 hive majors downstairs. Finish the strike. And you're done.

Two kinderguardians. I make my way to the Steppes and get my super up. Start running toward the sewers and there's a guy right in front of me farming the majors with a gunsmith rocket launcher. I'm like okay, up the steps to get them to respawn... the other guys wipe and I'm pulled along to mid strike. Fuck!

I'll have to get a fireteam together to do this quest.

X-Frame

I'm surprised that TTK exotic armor still doesn't work with shaders -- after an entire year.

Twilight Garrison NEEDS to be able to change colors!

NastyBook

Loaded in with two guys farming Omnigul. They kept suiciding,then when they realized I wouldn't go along,they killed her.

Then I went to sepkis...

Two kinderguardians. I make my way to the Steppes and get my super up. Start running toward the sewers and there's a guy right in front of me farming the majors with a gunsmith rocket launcher. I'm like okay, up the steps to get them to respawn... the other guys wipe and I'm pulled along to mid strike. Fuck!

I need to run two more of these with my other characters. Let me know when you want to do this. I'll be home and settled in sometime after 7 p.m., EST.

Then I went to sepkis...

If I'm on, I'll join up.

I'm surprised that TTK exotic armor still doesn't work with shaders -- after an entire year.

Twilight Garrison NEEDS to be able to change colors!

Isn't that one of the only things that doesn't change? I assumed its bulky design and bright color that you can't change were intentional choices to broadcast to opponents that you got the jukes.

Did anyone else notice the writing on the floor in the tower? It's right in front of you when you spawn in.

It says "atrivm propvgnatorvm"

Whats the deal with this?

chur

Did anyone else notice the writing on the floor in the tower? It's right in front of you when you spawn in.

It says "atrivm propvgnatorvm"

Whats the deal with this?

I barely noticed this last week. It's been there since launch. I think it means Hall of Guardians.

Edit: google translate says it means court defenders.

Hmmmmm, since the strike playlists have been renamed I wonder if it is still possible to get the vanguard strike emblems and shaders. I just ran 2 hours of the new vanguard equivalent strikes (taken war) and had none of them drop. No idea if this is just bad rng or if its broken.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Currently playing strikes with a JewishWookie27, lol.

The first phase of the Malok strike is the most tedious, boring part of any strike.

Would like to try and get an Xbone King's Fall heroic run at least started tonight, maybe finished if possible. Soft 7pm MDT start time.

1. Hippo_PRIME
2. Hippo's friend
3. WizzNARD

Three slots left!

raindoc

KF Raid - first timers, everyone welcome! (perhaps 1 or 2 experienced Guardians to guide us).

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Muzicfreq (MuzikFreq)
3. oSoLucky (KC_Darkness)
4. Mikey Jr (Gray-Fillabuster)
5. raindoc
6. Ruthless_Barbarian (RuthlesBarbarian)

-

Ok, so we're looking to go between 9-10pm GMT.

Mikey's confirmed he's good with that, how about the rest of you?

I'll be on in 10-15 mins

Mindlog

Hopped on for the first time in weeks and noticed the filter immediately. Mild interest in RoI mainly due to most of the other games I was looking forward to being whelming.

As soon as I stepped into the tower the magic was back. I got my Stirling Treasure and finally unlocked that taken emote. I'm feeling that magic again!

Zen Mu

oh yay. pvp. just what this game was missing

That's mainly just the guess from people on reddit and some other Destiny communities. Since a lot of those are PVP focused to begin with, it could just be wishful thinking. It is a realistic guess though.

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to what they did before House of Wolves came out. Do some special public events, throw us a little emblem of something if we do them all, etc.

dawgparty

I always found it most difficult to play titan for myself in PvP. in TTK, I concentrated only on the titan so I can get better at it, but then I switched back to my warlock and hunter and they just feels so much easier to play in PvP.

Hm...this kinda bums me out. PVP is what I'm probably going to spend most of my time on. What makes you say its difficult to play Titan?

NastyBook

Will do, but I'm going to a HS football game tonight. Probably won't be on until late, 10 or 11 eastern.
Cool, that'll work just fine. Enjoy your game.
Hm...this kinda bums me out. PVP is what I'm probably going to spend most of my time on. What makes you say its difficult to play Titan?
Can't answer for him, but Titan, for me, is the only class where I feel I can go balls to the wall. And that's all thanks to the Striker subclass. When you've got a team on the ropes that lacks shotgun ammo? RUN EVERYWHERE. Just bust em in the face with the shoulder rush or Tiger Knee. Like that Kadey gif. That's a Titan at its most fun.

Top Bottom