• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Shiv47

Stuck in oryx HM for hours. Wipe after wipe. Oh god...
That's the worst. There comes a point where people just need to call it. I was two oryx tries that went 11 hours worth of wipes between them, and it's demoralizing. I wish after an hour or so I'd said enough, but we kept going, and going, and going....

Hey DestinyGaf, I just started playing again after a long hiatus, bought the complete edition digital on xbox one. Are there any good guides for people getting back into the game? I stopped playing right after HoW came out and didn't follow any of the changes for Taken King. Thanks in advance.

raindoc

Hey DestinyGaf, I just started playing again after a long hiatus, bought the complete edition digital on xbox one. Are there any good guides for people getting back into the game? I stopped playing right after HoW came out and didn't follow any of the changes for Taken King. Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same situation, started playing again this week. Still a bit disoriented, but a couple of things I learned:

*40 is the new top level, crucial to equip specific gear.
*Gear (attack/defense stats) defines your light level and that's what really counts now. 330-ish seems to be the max.
*on your way to max light, use green and blue gear - your old purples aren't really useful anymore once you're past the TTK story missions
*you cannot upgrade your old gear, but you can upgrade ("infuse") TTK weapons and armor with higher stats, using other gesr with said higher stats.. and legendary marks
*legendary marks replace vanguard and crucible marks. you need them to buy or upgrade gear. you earn them in a couple of quests, daily crucible/story mission and heroic strikes
*there's no weekly heroic strike anymore, but a heroic playlist

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Train later tonight.

Let's give them hell.

hjhjhjhj3.gif

void666

Banned
That's the worst. There comes a point where people just need to call it. I was two oryx tries that went 11 hours worth of wipes between them, and it's demoralizing. I wish after an hour or so I'd said enough, but we kept going, and going, and going....

Whats causing you guys the issue?

We almost did it at some point. But then people had to leave. Replacements weren't good.
People keep dying out of nowhere. More people leave.

It is just too long and unforgiving an encounter.

Take a deep breath or two. You'll get it.

We need 4 rounds of a perfectly executed strategy. Not gonna happen. Not with this team. And i'm tired.

It's the worst feeling in destiny. When you try something for hours and has to give up. Then you look at the clock and realize you wasted a whole afternoon. It's way too frustrating.

I was never able to beat oryx HM. And i just want it now because of moments of triumph year 2.

JJShadow

I was in your same situation but this reddit post is an extremely helpful guide for newcomers and people coming back

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4m2l5g/what_do_i_do_now_a_newbie_guide_taken_spring/

KuroNeeko

Hey GAF,

Got a Heart of the Praxic Fire for my Sunsinger from a Legendary Engram I bought from Xur. It popped at level 20 so I assumed this meant it was the Year One model and would need to shard, and then repurchase it at the blueprint kiosk.

This version boosts INT, when I want more DIS, do I have to find HotPF again to reset the stats on my kiosk model, or is there another way?

Deku Tree

JGW and Igor and dorssom had final boss no mercy and all three players spawned in and then all three of them had their game crash. Horrible.

Hey GAF,

Got a Heart of the Praxic Fire for my Sunsinger from a Legendary Engram I bought from Xur. It popped at level 20 so I assumed this meant it was the Year One model and would need to shard, and then repurchase it at the blueprint kiosk.

This version boosts INT, when I want more DIS, do I have to find HotPF again to reset the stats on my kiosk model, or is there another way?
You can buy Glass Needles from Xur, which rerolls all the stats and perks on an exotic armor. Keep in mind that some exotics will always have a specific stat.

shermas

You can buy Glass Needles from Xur, which rerolls all the stats and perks on an exotic armor. Keep in mind that some exotics will always have a specific stat.

I haven't used a single glass needle, but I probably should... I could use two different sets of Bones, depending on what I'm doing. Seems excessively expensive to reroll, but you can probably move from t10 to t11 or t12 gear, right? The rolls can get higher?

We almost did it at some point. But then people had to leave. Replacements weren't good.

We need 4 rounds of a perfectly executed strategy. Not gonna happen. Not with this team. And i'm tired.

It's the worst feeling in destiny. When you try something for hours and has to give up. Then you look at the clock and realize you wasted a whole afternoon. It's way too frustrating.

I was never able to beat oryx HM. And i just want it now because of moments of triumph year 2.

If you need help just let me know, PSN is same as here. I can bring either a 335 Titan or 335 Hunter to the party if you need it man.

raindoc

Hey GAF,

what!?

JJShadow

Need my titan to complete it

Nice! Reposting for new page:

I was wondering if anyone would be up for a PS4 King's Fall run (normal mode) next Monday at 18:30 GMT. It would be my first KF run (300 LL), so anyone with experience is more than welcome!

1. JJShadow77
2. Gulfwarvet

MrDaravon

This is my problem with KF to be honest; I absolutely hate encounters where if there is one fuckup it's a wipe literally no matter what. Drives me up the wall, and I realize to some extent that's a fundamental design choice for raids but I completely hate it personally and I feel like KF is way worse in this regard than the first two raids. I never minded running the first two raids, after doing KF once I never really wanted to do it again, and I did it a handful more times for loot and hated myself for it. I may very well not complete the Y2 Triumphs because I really dread needing to do it on hard along with all 3 CM's.

I hear you. I haven't raided much in months. Got lucky with a LFG for my HM Oryx kill.

I'll probably be on later and would be willing to help out. I can bring my Titan. More titans the easier it is.

Hey GAF,

Legacy engrams from Xur always decrypt to year one versions, but they will unlock your ability to buy a year two version from the kiosk. So yes, that is what you will need to do.

There is no way to change the default roll the kiosk offers, but once you've bought a year two version, you can reroll the stats on that particular item when it is in your possession. Buy glass needles from Xur to do so.

Note that some exotics have some perks or stats that can't be rerolled, so you might want to look the item up before blowing a bunch of needles trying to get an impossible roll.

void666

Banned
Ps4 or Xbox? You can probably find a group for either on here... If Xbox, I can help later tonight. GT: Shermas. I can run, bring the bubble, take a plate, whatever.

If you need help just let me know, PSN is same as here. I can bring either a 335 Titan or 335 Hunter to the party if you need it man.

I hear you. I haven't raided much in months. Got lucky with a LFG for my HM Oryx kill.

I'll probably be on later and would be willing to help out. I can bring my Titan. More titans the easier it is.

Thank you guys. But i'm not in the USA. I don't want to add a language barrier to the mix. And maybe lag too. But thank you very much. I know if i needed, DGAF would be there for me.

This is my problem with KF to be honest; I absolutely hate encounters where if there is one fuckup it's a wipe literally no matter what. Drives me up the wall, and I realize to some extent that's a fundamental design choice for raids but I completely hate it personally and I feel like KF is way worse in this regard than the first two raids. I never minded running the first two raids, after doing KF once I never really wanted to do it again, and I did it a handful more times for loot and hated myself for it. I may very well not complete the Y2 Triumphs because I really dread needing to do it on hard along with all 3 CM's.

And this is why VoG is still my favorite raid. There's room for error. You can have some not so good people in your team. As long as you have at least one to open the portals and people are killing the oracles no matter how you can complete it.
I hope wrath of the machine to be more like VoG.

But hey, CMs are easy. Did oryx and warpriest and it went smooth. You can do it on normal mode.

Stuck in oryx HM for hours. Wipe after wipe. Oh god...

We got stuck on Oryx HM last night as well. Its a pretty brutal encounter because as others have said if 1 person messes up its almost always a wipe, and the encounter itself is pretty long. That's a lot of pressure / trial and error to go flawless for 10+ minutes straight.

SpecX

Jesus Christ I cannot deal with the crucible any longer. I cannot deal with snipers, that weapon is beyond bullshit.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Jesus Christ I cannot deal with the crucible any longer. I cannot deal with snipers, that weapon is beyond bullshit.
I dunno, it really depends on the player. I would argue a good tough scout rifle, like Jade Rabbit, can easily be enough to put off/defeat most snipers who don't have seriously exceptional skills. Keep at it. You'll find your groove. On a long range map like Bannerfall, Rusted Lands, etc, Jade Rabbit is my go-to.

luchadork

SpecX

I dunno, it really depends on the player. I would argue a good tough scout rifle, like Jade Rabbit, can easily be enough to put off/defeat most snipers who don't have seriously exceptional skills. Keep at it. You'll find your groove. On a long range map like Bannerfall, Rusted Lands, etc, Jade Rabbit is my go-to.
Wish I had a jade rabbit. Went through a match and the guy was no scope 1 hit headshot killing us. I get he's more skilled, but some things shouldnt even be possible and they are. It sucks and turns me off to PvP.

Comms

Neo Member
Private match idea: Samurai vs Ninja

1 striker titan (shoulder charge, max agility) vs 5 bladedancer hunters (blink, backstab, stalker), or 2 v 4

Titan can only use shotgun and sword and melee/shoulder charge.

Hunters can only use melee and cloak.

Titan wins if they kill all hunters.

Hunter ONLY wins if the score a 1 hit backstab kill on the titan. If the Titan is still alive after the hit, he cannot be touched until his health has regened.

Just putting it out there. 😊

void666

Banned
Wish I had a jade rabbit. Went through a match and the guy was no scope 1 hit headshot killing us. I get he's more skilled, but some things should even be possible and they are. It sucks and turns me off to PvP.

I call this people magicians and it's really no fun playing against them.
With regular skilled players you can just avoid sniper lanes and you will be fine.

1 striker titan (shoulder charge, max agility) vs 5 bladedancer hunters (blink, backstab, stalker), or 2 v 4

Hunter ONLY wins if the score a 1 hit backstab kill on the titan. If the Titan is still alive after the hit, he cannot be touched until his health has regened.

No hud!

stb

[stuff that should have been helpful]

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work for me. Even did the "rebuild library" thing.

Chatting with my second CSR now. He's telling me it's not working because the code is somehow for the "Legendary Edition", and it won't redeem because I already own the DLC bits.

fake edit: Oop, getting transferred to "the supervisor"

Reading stb's posts about their trials and tribulations regarding going from disc to digital, I'm wondering what to do about my own transfer now...

I was thinking just buying the vanilla Destiny digitally, if that's even an option still...

stb

Reading stb's posts about their trials and tribulations regarding going from disc to digital, I'm wondering what to do about my own transfer now...

I was thinking just buying the vanilla Destiny digitally, if that's even an option still...

It does not appear to be. However, there is the "Destiny - The Collection Upgrade" which includes ROI, base Destiny, and all previous DLC. It costs $10 more than ROI ($40).

I wish I'd known that prior to starting this.

EDIT: just noticed my avatar still had the Division hat. Ew. Fixed.

Cat Emblem #4 hype for dorssom!

Redemption run after having mercury literally stolen from our hands earlier by cheaters. Final boss no mercy and we all spawn as last guardian standing, 30 seconds later all our games hard crash to the dashboard one after the other. Check the other team's match history and they won countless of games against "deserters" with 0 kills. After clutching out some crazy games on that card too:

I like this.

I hope they add more options over time. I want to set up 1 vs 1 bushido blade style. Swords only, first kill wins.Need to control heavy for that.

Redemption run after having mercury literally stolen from our hands earlier by cheaters. Final boss no mercy and we all spawn as last guardian standing, 30 seconds later all our games hard crash to the dashboard one after the other. Check the other team's match history and they won countless of games against "deserters" with 0 kills. After clutching out some crazy games on that card too:
Dang, that is super rough to have that happen, let alone on the final boss :/

Glad you guys got it done in the end though.

LTWood12

Cat Emblem #4 hype for dorssom!

Let's fucking go!

About to sign on on vita for the evening. If anyone needs some help just hit me up. Won't have my mic on.

Top Bottom