• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

MrDaravon

Ahahaha I don't think I was the only one booted, I just loaded back into the tower and a million other people spawned in with me at the exact same time.

Arrrammis

Can someone explain to me how DGAF Discord works? Can anyone join? I've never used the service but it seems like a great way to connect with other folks and not just rely on LFG type websites.

It's pretty much just an active chat room with different channels for different discussions. You need an invitation from a moderator to join (I think Hawkian? I'm not sure though).

shingi70

Banned
Servers just went down for me.

Any word on how long the maintenance will be?

Also any Xbox one gaffers want to team up for PvE tomorrow? I'm est and should start playing about 9-10am.

darthbob

Reposting for new page

I am giving away a single Destiny Union of Light PAX 2016 Emblem Code.

Cr64cGSUkAArt5m.jpg

1HY6moz.png

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270014.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darthbob, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny Union of Light Emblem -- MB-2A431BF453DBC3D2 - Taken by soultron. 129 entrants total.

t1474403974z1.png

I've completed all of my triumphs except for the Mountaintop... Is it even worth it? I really don't like Crucible
Moments of Triumph give 2 emblems and 2 shaders, so if you want those, then I guess, but it's a semi long quest and you don't have a whole lot of time.

Kalamari

Can someone explain to me how DGAF Discord works? Can anyone join? I've never used the service but it seems like a great way to connect with other folks and not just rely on LFG type websites.

You don't need discord, just use the thread like you would LFG. Say you want to run a raid, just specify the raid and difficulty level and make a list so you can update it as people confirm they want to join as well.

Honestly, I feel discord unnecessarily divides our community.

shermas

Sorry if this has been asked.

Is there going to be an OT for Rise of Iron?

I don't remember the other launches (or Festival of the Lost or SRL) having a different OT. This OT is my only OT (except for super random and sporadic trips over to the gaming side - like once every two months or so).

SpecX

You don't need discord, just use the thread like you would LFG. Say you want to run a raid, just specify the raid and difficulty level and make a list so you can update it as people confirm they want to join as well.

I actually like the chat and everyone who posts there still posts here. It's great to have a phone notification when someone's looking for a group instead of constantly refreshing the thread here.

shermas

I agree. I use the Discord thing sometimes, but it's too much to keep track of...

Except that Discord is ten times more convenient and has the added benefit of being a messenger vs. a forum. I think it's a boon for people that want to get groups together.

hydruxo

I've completed all of my triumphs except for the Mountaintop... Is it even worth it? I really don't like Crucible

Same here, I've done everything but the PVP questline. I don't think the rewards are all that worth it so I'm not going to bother. Plus we're essentially out of time unless you just grind it out for the next 10-11 hours.

I'm a new player that picked up the Collection a few days ago and just hit 40, and my light level is 205.

Am I going to be able to start doing RoI content immediately?

Think you're going to need to keep playing a bit first. I believe I had seen the recommended light level for the first ROI mission is... 260? 290?

If you have any legendary marks, save them - when the vendor gear refreshes tomorrow, their light level should get an increase.

exYle

Moments of Triumph give 2 emblems and 2 shaders, so if you want those, then I guess, but it's a semi long quest and you don't have a whole lot of time.

I am essentially done - I have to finish the Auto Rifle kills, Hand Cannon kills, then the Mountaintop itself. So, roughly... 19 matches? If I win most of them?

depends on how far along you are, its at least 30 games of crucible PVP to finish every step so if you are nearly done then its worth it, otherwise probably not
https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/44963

I've been doing it for a week on and off now, don't have orxy HM or 50 bits parts done so just doing it for fun and its a lot of PVP... a WHOLE lot, without really any decent rewards (drops are all 240-285 range it seems) but I enjoyed destiny PVP so good chance to get used to it again

JJShadow

Thank you to glaurung, ruthless, TehGoomba and WeTeHa for that quick VoG run, finally got my NTTE right before RoI hits! Also managed to reach 331 LL and get The Third Element MoT, achieving that way 7/8 MoT, not bad taking into account I started playing Destiny a month ago :)

My body is ready for tomorrow!

Pretty sure everyone gets it. I say this because, as a point of comparison, I bought TTK digital and got the LV25 booster with that.

cool

I'm going to use it on a Titan. I've only been using one character since I bought the game last year.

Will the LV25 booster expire at some point? I haven't used it yet.

TyrantII

Listening to the new soundtrack while I get some work done and not sure I dig it as much as past ones. Funny enough, Bungie put it up themselves for free on their YouTube.

It's a wierd mix of GoT, Rock, and Hymn waxing.

I pm'ed Hawkian but if someone can add me to the discord chat, I would be grateful, and Hawkian won't have to waste time in his day to do it.

discord: UFC #4738

Top Bottom