• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Wallach

I still can't decide if I want to spend my Legendary Marks tonight on something I didn't pick up during Y2 or just grab something new tomorrow. Part of me thinks I should grab a vendor Hawksaw, but the other part of me realizes I skipped it for the entirety of this expansion because it's a dirty Suros weapon. Might just say fuck it and look to the new vendor stuff.

I still can't decide if I want to spend my Legendary Marks tonight on something I didn't pick up during Y2 or just grab something new tomorrow. Part of me thinks I should grab a vendor Hawksaw, but the other part of me realizes I skipped it for the entirety of this expansion because it's a dirty Suros weapon. Might just say fuck it and look to the new vendor stuff.

It JUST occurred to me that I could use the higher-level Blue drops tomorrow to infuse into my Year 2 Legendary gear.

Unless they do some weird thing where I can't infuse Year 3 stuff into Year 2, in which case grrrrr fine.

It JUST occurred to me that I could use the higher-level Blue drops tomorrow to infuse into my Year 2 Legendary gear.

Unless they do some weird thing where I can't infuse Year 3 stuff into Year 2, in which case grrrrr fine.

From what I read we'll definitely be able to do that, just not infusing into year 1. So no change from how it currently works.

Kalamari

If you're not a pvper I would pass, but if you think you might want to play pvp I would definitely buy it. Most of the pulse rifles from the armory look pretty unimpressive.

Vendor Hawksaw is great and definitely worth picking up before it goes away. Sure, there could be a something equal/better tomorrow but marks are easy to get and those vendors won't be changing for a long time.

vctor182

The vacancy fusion rifle from FWC is god-tier, NM has a really solid AR and Sidearm

We having an Rise of Iron OT? Also do we have a Destiny club on Xbox One? Looking for partners for the raid over the weekend, probably won't play on Friday so everyone can figure everything out.

RdN

Quick question for those who pre ordered on Xbox Live.

Can you access the DLC cinematic that's available in the director?

I have pre ordered the game, have the content installed but when I try to access the cinematic, it redirects me to a page telling me to buy the content.

Anyone experience the same?

Wallach

The vacancy fusion rifle from FWC is god-tier, NM has a really solid AR and Sidearm

I don't have the rep for any FWC stuff (and never will), but I did consider the NM AR. Thing is like the Hawksaw it's a peasant Suros weapon instead of one of my glorious Hakke firearms. Was also thinking about Panta Rhei, since that looks like a fun FR. Still it'll be decidedly less fun to not be able to go shopping for something new tomorrow, so I'm thinking I'll just chill.

milkham

I don't have the rep for any FWC stuff (and never will), but I did consider the NM AR. Thing is like the Hawksaw it's a peasant Suros weapon instead of one of my glorious Hakke firearms. Was also thinking about Panta Rhei, since that looks like a fun FR. Still it'll be decidedly less fun to not be able to go shopping for something new tomorrow, so I'm thinking I'll just chill.

marks are easy to come by, good rolls are not. any new vendor stuff will be available for months. but, play the way you want.

So if I have a faction package waiting for me now, should I redeem it or wait? I don't think I'll rank up again before RoI hits, but I'm close.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I'm bailing out for a while... at least until I play the first few missions of RoI. And since I'm at work all morning tomorrow, I'll see you gents/ladies a bit later down the line. Have fun!

AEREC

So, Ive got like 6 Exotic Chest Engrams waiting to decrypt. If I decrypt them tomorrow will they possibly be RoI exotic chest pieces or are they definitely stuck as TTK loot?

MrDaravon

Going to take a break tonight and play some Battlefront (I'm still so mad the SFV update, Battlefront Death Star DLC AND Rise of Iron all hit on the same day -_-), I might hop back on later tonight though to get get that ghost at the end of CoE 41. Other than that and getting my NF's done I got everything done I wanted to more or less at least. My Motes/SC/3oC/engram stash isn't great and I didn't edge factions but none of that is a huge deal, especially since I don't think work is going to allow me to be raid-ready by Friday afternoon. Got all my quests done except for crucible wins on my main for the FWC quest and the Crucible subclass quests on my Titan, and I finally got just about all of my exotic gear across all characters fully leveled up except for a few Warlock helmets. Almost wish I had a couple more days before RoI to knock all that out but eh.

NastyBook

So, Ive got like 6 Exotic Chest Engrams waiting to decrypt. If I decrypt them tomorrow will they possibly be RoI exotic chest pieces or are they definitely stuck as TTK loot?
They should decrypt to ROI gear. Leave em be, play the story to level up some more, then pop them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Haven't been in Destiny mode for a long while

Took breaks even after 1 year hospital stay
Then the Drizzay's passing wrecked me

Well I waited 1 day before ROI to start the setup
Thank fuck I kept collecting bounties whenever I logged in to help

Been in MOBA mode with Paragon, well that's gonna be on the back burner for a long time lol

So this is me after 3.5 hours of completing roughly 46 bounties done across 3 characters

Warlock:
B9I7a9x.jpg

Titan:
Ul2rjpz.jpg

Hunter:
M6pWdgl.jpg

xRaizen

As someone who hasn't played much of TTK (only finished the story missions at launch, and got to light 298) am I missing out on anything if I get ROI?

shingi70

Banned
Quick question for those who pre ordered on Xbox Live.

Can you access the DLC cinematic that's available in the director?

I have pre ordered the game, have the content installed but when I try to access the cinematic, it redirects me to a page telling me to buy the content.

Anyone experience the same?

Same on my end.

As someone who hasn't played much of TTK (only finished the story missions at launch, and got to light 298) am I missing out on anything if I get ROI?

RoI isn't going to delete anything from TTK. You can safely get it and still play the content of TTK that you have yet to experience.

xRaizen

RoI isn't going to delete anything from TTK. You can safely get it and still play the content of TTK that you have yet to experience.

Ugh, I kind of asked the wrong question. I meant will I have to do all the extra stuff they added during the past year to experience ROI?

soldat7

Anyone else preorder at GameStop? I did and the download code put money in my Xbox account rather than grant me download access to the game.

What gives? I can't find Rise of Iron on Live, so I'm stuck with money but nothing to spend it on. I guess I can't pre-download?

darthbob

Seeing some new faces in the OT, reposting for some added visibility and in case anyone else wants to throw their hat into the drawing.

I am giving away a single Destiny Union of Light PAX 2016 Emblem Code.

Cr64cGSUkAArt5m.jpg

1HY6moz.png

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1270014.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darthbob, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Destiny Union of Light Emblem -- MB-2A431BF453DBC3D2 - Taken by soultron. 129 entrants total.

t1474403974z1.png

Top Bottom